Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry made a comment on OTF that made it seem like his mom may not have been completely on board with the Oregon decision.

I believe his mom was the one who is planning on moving to DFW after he graduates so that would make some sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Not everyone loves Eugene.  I mean I do, but if it were up to me I'd institute a purge up there in Oregon to fix that state.  California can kick rocks, but I'm down to save Oregon.  It is truly a beautiful state that I love very much.

image.gif.2dd16f0986a5d7ef052bb96fcef9a17b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

The campus just sucks, its an eyesore. 

Look, I'm not the biggest Eugene booster by any stretch, but that campus is far from an eyesore.  It doesn't have to be Seattle, Austin, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville or Westwood to be nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry with some interesting tidbits on Sharma.

Told Texas the night before his announcement he was picking Texas, changed his mind in the morning.

Mom is on the visit with him today and thinks her son made a decision too quickly.

This one might not be over.

A while back Bobby had mentioned he had given commit quotes to media outlets in favor of Texas before switching the day of his commitment 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

5 hours ago, Speedway said:

Women's gymnastics and equestrian are current competitive sports in the SEC. I don't think water polo, field hockey, or lacrosse are currently played in the SEC.

I’d assume it would be sports that don’t require large facilities. Maybe the new volleyball venue that has been talked about could double as a gymnastics facility? I’m not sure on sizes of gymnastics gyms. 

6 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

It's fucking nuts/cool to think of 15/16 year old kids eyeing 6 digit digit pay-days at 17/18 if they bust their asses and stay out of trouble. 

If their services are hard to come by, then it makes sense for them to be worth so much to these schools who benefit a great deal from having them. 

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

NCAA field hockey field is 100 yards by 60 yards.

NCAA lacrosse field is 110 yards by 60 yards.

Seems like both can be played at the soccer stadium (Myers Stadium). Done deal.

I meant "whom" will they play not a physical location, sorry my bad. I was referring to "where," what conference. The fact that the SEC does not sponsor lacrosse, field hockey, or water polo, would necessitate  Texas go out of conference for competition to add those women sports.

12 minutes ago, Speedway said:

I meant "whom" will they play not a physical location, sorry my bad. I was referring to "where," what conference. The fact that the SEC does not sponsor lacrosse, field hockey, or water polo, would necessitate  Texas go out of conference for competition to add those women sports.

They’ve done so already for other sports that sec doesn’t offer. I don’t think it matters what conference they go to for the sport so long as they meet the title IX requirements. 

1 hour ago, Speedway said:

The fact that the SEC does not sponsor lacrosse, field hockey, or water polo, would necessitate  Texas go out of conference for competition to add those women sports.

Quite common.  Not a big deal at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wasn’t it mentioned back in June that Charles and Sharma are close and talked a good bit about playing together? 

I was going to say that. It makes sense that both were supposed to be in today 

Edited by Codaxx

5 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Glad sharma is back, but if oregon dropped life changing money on him, I don't really expect anything to come of it. I guess it doesn't hurt to keep showing that we want him though. Maybe phil knight will croak and checks will start bouncing.

Good call

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

It's fucking nuts/cool to think of 15/16 year old kids eyeing 6 digit digit pay-days at 17/18 if they bust their asses and stay out of trouble. 

Isn’t that how it is for Euro soccer prodigies? And MlB bonus babies?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out