Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Is this what the recruiting board looks like these days? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, Nahlin has capitulated on Fasusi and has optimism on Nick Brooks:

Hide contents

I’m 95% sure I’m going to be wrong on Michael Fasusi. The RPM should be on OU.

I don’t want to take anything away from OU — truly, they have done a great job— but I think Texas believes there are more pressing needs and likely won’t be all in. Keep in mind they love the roster and are focused on John Turntine in 2026.

I would put in an RPM for Texas and Nick Brooks but USC being the contender gives me some pause. From covering other recruitments I have a clear understanding of how aggressive they are. Texas is in good shape, though.

There’s an inverse relationship between the quality of this board and how good the team is.

This board actually gets worse when the team gets better.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hey, look man, you left. This place hangs by a thread even with guys like you here. Any minute and this place can start chasing its tail over the dumbest shit ever.

And this place is still mild compared to the dumb shit posted on the football board and CR.  I mean, I just ventured over and saw a post about putting Malik Agbo at RB.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And this place is still mild compared to the dumb shit posted on the football board and CR.  I mean, I just ventured over and saw a post about putting Malik Agbo at RB.

I do my job to add enough chaos to the football board when i venture over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What an absurd take. Why would we put Agbo there when Sydir Mitchell needs reps too? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

wasn’t there a window between high school and now where kendell jones lost a bunch of weight and got into some kind of shape?  probably like 320 pounds but he looked a lot better.  am I imagining that?

I’m always hesitant to respond to your posts, because Futureman and all, but this question seems genuine enough. You may be thinking of Javonne Shepherd, he got pretty skinny after his short stay in Austin. 

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Gerry seems to be half enthusiastically selling Fasusi at best this morning. If Gerry is positive a guy like Fasusi is coming to Texas he is always preaching that the guy is the best thing since sliced bread. That does not bode well because it means Gerry knows something we don't and he is not sharing.

He's said that he has ou as the slight favorite for Fasusi, so it's not news, really. Besides, even if we don't get him, we'll get Turntine, who Gerry says is the best Tackle in state regardless of class. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

wasn’t there a window between high school and now where kendell jones lost a bunch of weight and got into some kind of shape?  probably like 320 pounds but he looked a lot better.  am I imagining that?

Maybe. I think I remember a Pic of him in JUCO where he wasn't a giant, living stress ball, but I dunno. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Is this what the recruiting board looks like these days? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, Nahlin has capitulated on Fasusi and has optimism on Nick Brooks:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m 95% sure I’m going to be wrong on Michael Fasusi. The RPM should be on OU.

I don’t want to take anything away from OU — truly, they have done a great job— but I think Texas believes there are more pressing needs and likely won’t be all in. Keep in mind they love the roster and are focused on John Turntine in 2026.

I would put in an RPM for Texas and Nick Brooks but USC being the contender gives me some pause. From covering other recruitments I have a clear understanding of how aggressive they are. Texas is in good shape, though.

You should have seen this place during covid, no visits, no camps and even @closetojumping disappeared for several months. That’s when our only source of information was Carl and his cousins  recruiting group chat and the lack of thots and Tik Tok hype houses at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

You must have missed the Sydir Mitchell to RB post earlier.

Surly gonna surl

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m always hesitant to respond to your posts, because Futureman and all, but this question seems genuine enough. You may be thinking of Javonne Shepherd, he got pretty skinny after his short stay in Austin. 

I’m a little confused by the first part of this post… but no, not shepherd.  I remember shepherd.  I thought jones got in shape briefly but maybe I’m wrong. 

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

There’s an inverse relationship between the quality of this board and how good the team is.

This board actually gets worse when the team gets better.

So we need pics of bad chicken fried steaks?

r7d5db3zjf131.jpg

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

You should have seen this place during covid, no visits, no camps and even @closetojumping disappeared for several months. That’s when our only source of information was Carl and his cousins  recruiting group chat and the lack of thots and Tik Tok hype houses at Texas.

Ah, the Gilzzy Goblin gang.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No such thing. All CFS is great. 

Had this small lunch portion one today at the Louisiana Longhorn in Round Rock. 
Gave it a 5.5, but the onion strings & fries were at the 8.0 level.

Their Texas size dinner cfs gets an 8 or 8.5.

IMG_6065.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I like the gravy on the side for dipping.

All the Lucy's by us have unfortunately closed. I would substitute their standard gravy with their poblano chorizo gravy. That stuff was perfect. Plus, brown gravy is superior to white, anyway.

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247) shares his thoughts on Jaime Ffrench's recruitment.

"I still think Texas and LSU are schools worth watching here, specifically Texas. I'd probably lean that way right now, but Miami has made up some real ground in this recruitment recently. Getting Ffrench down to Miami at the end of July was a win for the program."

FULL ARTICLE

My thoughts on 5-star WR Jaime Ffrench

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247)

Spoiler

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247)

We're still three weeks away from his public announcement and just wanted to pass along what I've heard on that front.

I still think Texas and LSU are schools worth watching here, specifically Texas. I'd probably lean that way right now, but Miami has made up some real ground in this recruitment recently. Getting Ffrench down to Miami at the end of July was a win for the program.

The dialogue between Ffrench and Miami has been strong and he appears to be saying all of the right things. I do get the sense that there is some cautious optimism understanding that this is a recruitment that has trended a few different ways over the past year. There is reason for the Hurricanes to feel like they have a real shot at the Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin native. Miami is going to make things tough on Texas down the stretch. LSU should be considered a contender as well.

I do think this is a recruitment that Miami can win. Three weeks is a ton of time in recruiting, so we will continue to track Miami's standing and the inevitable ebbs and flows to come. https://247sports.com/player/jaime-ffrench-46117166/

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247) shares his thoughts on Jaime Ffrench's recruitment.

"I still think Texas and LSU are schools worth watching here, specifically Texas. I'd probably lean that way right now, but Miami has made up some real ground in this recruitment recently. Getting Ffrench down to Miami at the end of July was a win for the program."

FULL ARTICLE

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247)

Reveal hidden contents

Gaby Urrutia (Miami 247)

We're still three weeks away from his public announcement and just wanted to pass along what I've heard on that front.

I still think Texas and LSU are schools worth watching here, specifically Texas. I'd probably lean that way right now, but Miami has made up some real ground in this recruitment recently. Getting Ffrench down to Miami at the end of July was a win for the program.

The dialogue between Ffrench and Miami has been strong and he appears to be saying all of the right things. I do get the sense that there is some cautious optimism understanding that this is a recruitment that has trended a few different ways over the past year. There is reason for the Hurricanes to feel like they have a real shot at the Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin native. Miami is going to make things tough on Texas down the stretch. LSU should be considered a contender as well.

I do think this is a recruitment that Miami can win. Three weeks is a ton of time in recruiting, so we will continue to track Miami's standing and the inevitable ebbs and flows to come. https://247sports.com/player/jaime-ffrench-46117166/

I forgot who made the comparison, but someone said this might be the Ryan Wingo recruitment 2.0 with Miami being Missouri.

Hopefully with the same end result.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Had this small lunch portion one today at the Louisiana Longhorn in Round Rock. 
Gave it a 5.5, but the onion strings & fries were at the 8.0 level.

Their Texas size dinner cfs gets an 8 or 8.5.

IMG_6065.jpeg

Wow, that looks like shit. Everything I’ve ever had that was not this from Louisiana Longhorn has been extremely solid. Granted that was 7+ years ago.

13 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Holy shit, this is the first time I’ve seen this guy; CTJ’s description of his physique (a muffin supported by a pair of toothpicks or something like that) is shockingly spot-on.

Sanders looks so much like a muffin Elko tried to eat him.