Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Anything that comes out with green beans on it is being sent immediately back to the kitchen. Just hateful, terrifying shit. 

I like green beans and wouldn't touch those. The poor things have been abused beyond all recognition. They're almost brown!

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I like green beans and wouldn't touch those. The poor things have been abused beyond all recognition. They're almost brown!

fresh or frozen green beans are great. 

canned green beans are straight garbage. 

IMG_0011.thumb.jpeg.e0f151ec54c10c0c7e285a9db92d2fd9.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tokamak said:

I also really fucking hate the trope of “it’s ok to miss on player/position X because we’re going to get player Y next year and he’s way better”. 

agreed.  not a winning mentality. 

21 hours ago, futureman said:

wasn’t there a window between high school and now where kendell jones lost a bunch of weight and got into some kind of shape?  probably like 320 pounds but he looked a lot better.  am I imagining that?

Not that I am aware of, but I quit paying attention to him when he became a complete fatass and started mainlining gravy.

Jones became infatuated with the idea of playing at Alabama or LSU and just didn’t work at being a football player. At that time, Shoemaker was so bad that his coaches were just happy he was there and didn’t work him hard. I am absolutely serious when I say the school had to special order his pants.

A kid I know very well lined up at Guard against him for a game and he laughed and just said if you got within his arm’s length, he’d smash you into the ground… but it was ridiculously easy to avoid that because he couldn’t move at all.

And then there was the picture where the 1 1/2 inch soles of his shoes were compressed to about 1/8 inch and the sides were visibly howling…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m always hesitant to respond to your posts, because Futureman and all, but this question seems genuine enough. You may be thinking of Javonne Shepherd, he got pretty skinny after his short stay in Austin. 

Seriously, Jones seemed like a good human being. Friendly, quiet, docile, not arrogant. Just not smart at all. He needed a strong mentor helping him make wise decisions and to strive for greatness. 

So I watched an ONTexasFootball vid this morning where Gerry dropped some hints that some schools are still doing old style recruiting as opposed to legit NIL. This seemed to be in regards to DT recruits. He appeared to be optimistic that because of this, things might turn around later in the cycle. I’m a little confused as to how cash under the table becomes less lucrative later on unless it’s an Eric Dickerson style double cross. Would be funny if that’s the case.

12 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

So I watched an ONTexasFootball vid this morning where Gerry dropped some hints that some schools are still doing old style recruiting as opposed to legit NIL. This seemed to be in regards to DT recruits. He appeared to be optimistic that because of this, things might turn around later in the cycle. I’m a little confused as to how cash under the table becomes less lucrative later on unless it’s an Eric Dickerson style double cross. Would be funny if that’s the case.

Just waiting on the feds to get involved….

IMG_0018.gif

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Had this small lunch portion one today at the Louisiana Longhorn in Round Rock. 
Gave it a 5.5, but the onion strings & fries were at the 8.0 level.

Their Texas size dinner cfs gets an 8 or 8.5.

IMG_6065.jpeg

The CFS should never take up less of the plate then the fries.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Texas is likely to have the best season among those four teams.

Best team? Sure. Best season? Have you seen the hammered dogshit that is Notre Dame’s schedule? Depending on how FSU and USC look with new QBs, there’s a fair chance A&M is the best team they play…and it’s one of only three true road games (first and last with only one road game in between).

https://fightingirish.com/sports/football/schedule/

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Best team? Sure. Best season? Have you seen the hammered dogshit that is Notre Dame’s schedule? Depending on how FSU and USC look with new QBs, there’s a fair chance A&M is the best team they play…and it’s one of only three true road games (first and last with only one road game in between).

Marcus Freeman is already so excited to lose a game to a Sun Belt team. He can taste the incompetent playcalling and sloppy play.

• Haha 3

Just now, texifornia said:

Marcus Freeman is already so excited to lose a game to a Sun Belt team. He can taste the incompetent playcalling and sloppy play.

They did hire LSU’s offensive coordinator Denbrook, so there has been some action taken there. I’m sure they’ll play sloppy…and beat everyone on their schedule.

13 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Texas is likely to have the best season among those four teams.

12 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Yeah, I agree about best team versus best season. I still think Texas could do both, but this second post on ND sums up what I’ve been writing about for months as well. 

I was kind of shocked to hear one of the legit reporters/insiders for ND on XM 84 this week speaking candidly and with eyes wide open about this season. He said that the schedule is unforgiving, but not in the way you’d think  - it’s transparently light barring some surprise teams. As a result, if they lose two games, they do not think they’re getting the old Notre Dame benefit of the doubt. He said they (staff, admin, people around the program, Freeman) have looked at other teams’ schedules and feel like there are going to be too many 9-3/10-2 teams from the P4s with better resumes. 

You just never hear that kind of stuff in public unless a program knows that they’d look like idiots to position it any other way. With all of that considered, the dude was answering the question of “most important game on your schedule” and he concluded that they all know, without a doubt, that they have to win the game in College Station. 

As much as I enjoy despising Notre Dame, I respect their outlook and felt assured that they’re not walking into aggieland feeling entitled. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1