Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Posted (edited)

This kid's uncle is a Texas fan who hangs out at IT board.  He said Georgia was the dream school and wishes UT recruited this kid.  He said Garrett's family cares about academics a lot.

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

This kid's uncle is a Texas fan who hangs out at IT board.  He said Georgia was the dream school and wishes UT recruited this kid.  He said Garrett's family cares about academics a lot.

Come on Kenny Baker show the Georgia Connections.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Georgia is decent academically. Is he interested in engineering?

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Michael Terry II, ATH, San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++
The decision: TBD
The latest: Nebraska vs. Texas still trending with Oregon still being popular with Terry himself. Texas A&M is the fourth school in the mix. The Ducks are seen as too far from home by multiple family members. There is more confidence on the Texas side. Nebraska has one person (not family member) close to Terry pushing the Cornhuskers. 

Fun

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Excited Lets Go GIF

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Georgia is decent academically. Is he interested in engineering?
University of Georgia is a good school, but the football program is another story. They're by far the worst FBS program in the country at graduating their athletes. Has nothing to do with the NFL either, considering Bama and Ohio State are at the top.

https://x.com/TJAltimore/status/1741501850296148297/photo/1

3 minutes ago, pyrofiend said:

University of Georgia is a good school, but the football program is another story. They're by far the worst FBS program in the country at graduating their athletes. Has nothing to do with the NFL either, considering Bama and Ohio State are at the top.

https://x.com/TJAltimore/status/1741501850296148297/photo/1

Stetson Bennett playing college for 6 years, always academically eligible, but never graduating was one of the more unique accomplishments I have seen

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Stetson Bennett playing college for 6 years, always academically eligible, but never graduating was one of the more unique accomplishments I have seen

That has to be a opponents recruiting note for anyone mentioning if Georgia/Smart cares about academics at all.  You would almost need counseling help in how not to get a degree in that time.

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That has to be a opponents recruiting note for anyone mentioning if Georgia/Smart cares about academics at all.  You would almost need counseling help in how not to get a degree in that time.

Ah yes, the walkon/JuCo transfer who won two national championships and was drafted in the fourth round is a great negative recruiting story.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah yes, the walkon/JuCo transfer who won two national championships and was drafted in the fourth round is a great negative recruiting story.

Exactly. Any smart recruiter would hammer that story home to a family who cares about school and off the field things instead of focusing on something like all the felonies and car-related arrests they keep having. 

39 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

As if subjecting us to all your shitty takes on NIL for months on end wasn’t enough, now you’re trying to argue UGA doesn’t have good academics relative to football schools. I’m sure OB’s having a sale on annual subscriptions. Maybe you should go check it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Just stop.

Georgia is much higher than decent. Their requirements are up there. 

Yeah, they're probably fourth or fifth best in the SEC behind Vanderbilt, Texas/UF, and maybe aggy.

Edited by MuellerHorn

26 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

As if subjecting us to all your shitty takes on NIL for months on end wasn’t enough, now you’re trying to argue UGA doesn’t have good academics relative to football schools.  

I have a hard time singing the academic praises of a non-Notre Dame institution that is going all out to attain AAU status and can't get it done. Hell, even USF became an AAU member. To get triggered that quickly, and that vigorously, you MUST have a kid attending Georgia.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzG0CweZeaIA7n1eqwDW8

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I have a hard time singing the academic praises of a non-Notre Dame institution that is going all out to attain AAU status and can't get it done. Hell, even USF became an AAU member. To get triggered that quickly, and that vigorously, you MUST have a kid attending Georgia.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzG0CweZeaIA7n1eqwDW8

Texas and UGA are both public flagship top 50 universities. They're pretty close in terms of OOS perception. The football team being dumbasses doesn't mean UGA isn't a good school.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-texas-at-austin-3658

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-georgia-1598

Edited by texifornia

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. I know you pride yourself on having attended 5-6 schools and being a fanboi of at least 10 more, but Georgia and Texas are not generally viewed on the same level, and fucking US News & World Report isn't going to change that. Georgia's viewed a good school for a football school in the South. Texas is an internationally recognized research institution and generally held in that regard. Many of us have worked with folks all over the western world in various industries, and I challenge anyone else besides texifornia to come forth and argue also that folks have the same perception of institutions between Texas and Georgia. That is the first time I have ever heard that shit.

Fair enough, I was thinking undergrad degrees, where UGA seems to be creeping up in perception. They've put a lot of effort into getting smart out of state kids and professors with all kinds of scholarships and perks, plus Atlanta booming in population has helped a lot in terms of making it harder to get into by default. For postgrad / research, UT is in another stratosphere.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I have a hard time singing the academic praises of a non-Notre Dame institution...

Is your name Claude? We had a guy named Claude in the Instructors' office back in grad school. Claude was a Domer, and he only knew two things about football:

1. Notre Dame had the bestest football team evar evar, always.

2. Notre Dame football players were the only college football players who had to take a pay cut when they went to the Pros.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. I know you pride yourself on having attended 5-6 schools and being a fanboi of at least 10 more, but Georgia and Texas are not generally viewed on the same level, and fucking US News & World Report isn't going to change that. Georgia's viewed a good school for a football school in the South. Texas is an internationally recognized research institution and generally held in that regard. Many of us have worked with folks all over the western world in various industries, and I challenge anyone else besides texifornia to come forth and argue also that folks have the same perception of institutions between Texas and Georgia. That is the first time I have ever heard that shit.

When we lived in Atlanta, the only regional school where grads touted academics was GT. UGA appeared aggy adjacent - financial aid to drive enrollment. The Johns Creek/Milton/Alpharetta crowd are all from oos and there is no push to keep those smart kids in Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 1