Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're pretty close in terms of OOS perception.

This is the most retarded fuckng thing I have ever seen posted on this website. Even for undergrad.

You brought up US News. Go look at their undergrad ranking of Texas for Business, Engineering, CS...anything that matters. UGA is nowhere close. 

Edited by Josef Pwag

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. I know you pride yourself on having attended 5-6 schools and being a fanboi of at least 10 more, but Georgia and Texas are not generally viewed on the same level, and fucking US News & World Report isn't going to change that. Georgia's viewed a good school for a football school in the South. Texas is an internationally recognized research institution and generally held in that regard. Many of us have worked with folks all over the western world in various industries, and I challenge anyone else besides texifornia to come forth and argue also that folks have the same perception of institutions between Texas and Georgia. That is the first time I have ever heard that shit.

I’ve met one notable Georgia alum in all my time in banking/investment management/consulting but have worked with dozens of UT grads on both coasts

Edited by Sal
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In any case, if a recruit cares about "academics" in the above average recruit sense, UT, UF, and UGA are all competitive.

If they care about not getting arrested for reckless driving, UGA is in trouble.

Sure if you also agree Texas A&M is on the same academic level as Texas and Florida. Because if you don't then you shouldn't put Georgia in that category.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Sure if you also agree Texas A&M is on the same academic level as Texas and Florida. Because if you don't then you shouldn't put Georgia in that category.

They're not. But they also tick the "it's a real university with some credibility" box compared to the Auburns of the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

They're not. But they also tick the "it's a real university with some credibility" box compared to the Auburns of the world.

There are many doors open to certain Texas, Michigan or UVA grads that are not open to A&M or UGA grads. They are not comparable. You implied they were close to being equals. Stop embarassing yourself. 

I dont put Florida and Texas on the same level but I think Florida is an actual good school. 

Georgia gets overhyped as a school in the south and Texas because it isn't a complete joke like the other southern football schools. Its viewed as a full step above the bama/lsu/tennessee's of the world. I think thats accurate, but not because Georgia is a top flight institiution, but because those other schools are mediocre. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Josef Pwag said:

There are many doors open to certain Texas, Michigan or UVA grads that are not open to A&M or UGA grads. They are not comparable. You implied they were close to being equals. Stop embarassing yourself. 

Just now, BlackCat said:

I dont put Florida and Texas on the same level but I think Florida is an actual good school. 

Georgia gets overhyped as a school in the south and Texas because it isn't a complete joke like the other southern football schools. Its viewed as a full step above the bama/lsu/tennessee's of the world. I think thats accurate, but not because Georgia is a top flight institiution, but because those other schools are mediocre. 

This is essentially the point I was trying to make, but put better. I'm done now.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

Florida does a great job of gaming the US News rankings. The Bright Futures scholarship keeps a lot of elite students home because they can go to UF for free. Getting into UF even as an instate applicant is murder. However, it is difficult to find a single undergraduate category where UF is ranked ahead of Texas. I looked once, and I couldn't find a single one. 

Edited by Josef Pwag
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is essentially the point I was trying to make, but put better. I'm done now.

Your exact quote about Texas and UGA was this:

They're pretty close in terms of OOS perception.

That wasn't the point you were trying to make. 

53 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I have a hard time singing the academic praises of a non-Notre Dame institution that is going all out to attain AAU status and can't get it done. Hell, even USF became an AAU member. To get triggered that quickly, and that vigorously, you MUST have a kid attending Georgia.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzG0CweZeaIA7n1eqwDW8

Or people are just tired of your constant, shitty posting. You responded to a poster saying UGA was "decent" academically. Now you've moved the goal posts to singing their praises.

UGA is absolutely decent academically in the context of football recruiting. This conversation gets beaten to death on this board.  Usually when a kid mentions academics they just mean which schools will make it the easiest for them to pass their classes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

QS World rankings

23- Michigan

67- Texas

128- Texas A&M

173- Florida

226- Virginia

541-Georgia

QS World University Rankings 2022: Top Global Universities | Top Universities

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

QS World rankings

23- Michigan

67- Texas

128- Texas A&M

173- Florida

226- Virginia

541-Georgia

I can tell you from personal experience that their is a subset of highly lucrative careers that will gladly interview Michigan, Texas and UVA grads (and won't talk to an A&M or UGA grad unless they are someone's nephew) regardless of the opinions of Nunzio.

15 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

QS World rankings

23- Michigan

67- Texas

128- Texas A&M

173- Florida

226- Virginia

541-Georgia

This is a fucking crazy list. Any list that has Texas A&M over UVA academically should be immediately discredited.

Edit: Holy shit. It has A&M and ASU over Vanderbilt and Notre Dame. WTF.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

IT

Spoiler

Nick Brooks, OL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson
This one is down to three: Texas, Georgia, and USC. And the Horns have some confidence here.

After catching up with the largest Texas target on the 2025 board recently, the Horns are in a great position to land the Georgia move-in. Georgia and USC are pushing, with the Trojans catching his eye.

But his conversations with Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood have been solid and he’s connecting with current players and recruits from UT’s 2025 class.

If Texas misses on Michael Fasusi, Brooks could be a fantastic take to finish the O-line haul for this cycle.

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Diego (Calif.) J Serra Catholic
The four-star West Coast product is taking his time following a summer of official visits and trips. Texas, Notre Dame, Washington, and USC are standing out at the moment. The Fighting Irish were the leaders heading into the summer, but after trips to Austin and Los Angeles, Texas and USC have made this very interesting.

There’s talk that USC is the quiet sleeper in this recruitment, with familiarity and proximity as key factors. But Texas and Johnny Nansen have his full attention.

He’d like to commit when he’s ready, but now a decision might not happen anytime soon, and could go all the way to Signing Day on December 4th.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

A&M accepts everyone, not the case in Athens. 

Florida and Georgia have really upped their game, but I think it takes a while for the reputation to catch up. Florida acceptance rate is ~24%. That is a different level than Athens (43%). 

Edited by Codaxx

17 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

can we go back to chicken fried steak talk?

Did we ever come to a consensus on what makes up the greater Houston area?  

I really don't feel comfortable moving on to other topics until that's buttoned up.

Just now, Machinator said:

Joe Cook put in an RPM for Ffrench to Texas

Thank god for recruiting talk.

If you guys don't shut-up about school rankings, y'all are going to make Machinator disappear for another year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Did we ever come to a consensus on what makes up the greater Houston area?  

I really don't feel comfortable moving on to other topics until that's buttoned up.

Pretty sure it includes Sillsbee, but I'm going to need directions.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

Nick Brooks, OL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson
This one is down to three: Texas, Georgia, and USC. And the Horns have some confidence here.

After catching up with the largest Texas target on the 2025 board recently, the Horns are in a great position to land the Georgia move-in. Georgia and USC are pushing, with the Trojans catching his eye.

But his conversations with Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood have been solid and he’s connecting with current players and recruits from UT’s 2025 class.

If Texas misses on Michael Fasusi, Brooks could be a fantastic take to finish the O-line haul for this cycle.

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Diego (Calif.) J Serra Catholic
The four-star West Coast product is taking his time following a summer of official visits and trips. Texas, Notre Dame, Washington, and USC are standing out at the moment. The Fighting Irish were the leaders heading into the summer, but after trips to Austin and Los Angeles, Texas and USC have made this very interesting.

There’s talk that USC is the quiet sleeper in this recruitment, with familiarity and proximity as key factors. But Texas and Johnny Nansen have his full attention.

He’d like to commit when he’s ready, but now a decision might not happen anytime soon, and could go all the way to Signing Day on December 4th.

What the fuck does this have to do with the academic ranks of school in the south.  

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Thank god for recruiting talk.

If you guys don't shut-up about school rankings, y'all are going to make Machinator disappear for another year.

It’s actually on topic. Machinator went to college. That’s why he was gone for like four years.