Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Still too few female students.. That's been a huge knock on that school.. I get it being in Atlanta but not much women around campus 

Georgia State is next door.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

People who LOOOOOVE corn

This is where we talk about limits. You can love your vegetables, but just don't LOVE your vegetables.

Edited by Bevo

22 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I agree with you. I think their mean in an honest and open environment is less than Texas. We will see. The next 10 years going to be fascinating.  

I believe you mean "they're" as in they're mean as in meanies.

image.png.ee460c8bbfe1de048de7b94db7946d1c.png

23 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- yeah I guess. I don't really care all that much about the total overall program wins (you are right- the last decade has been brutal) I just want to move the needle on total championships and add 3 Heisman trophy's along the way or something like that.  Lets start with 1 of each this year and move that needle. 

Heismans?  Think I'd rather see us win 14 than for one or our guys to win that (unless of course we win the NC).  Reggie Bush winning the statue by doing dance steps around Fresno St changed my view.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, cochamps said:

Heismans?  Think I'd rather see us win 14 than for one or our guys to win that (unless of course we win the NC).  Reggie Bush winning the statue by doing dance steps around Fresno St changed my view.

I hope you mean 16.

12 regular season

1 Conference Championship

CFP: Quarters, Semi, Final.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I hope you mean 16.

12 regular season

1 Conference Championship

CFP: Quarters, Semi, Final.

I really meant I'd rather have the team win a bunch of games rather than the Heisman, contrary to his original point.  The Heisman doesn't mean much to me.  But yeah, of course I want us to win the title.  Which I think you could do with 2 losses in the regular season (maybe?).

Winning a bunch of games keeps us relevant for recruiting and winning in future seasons.  JMO

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

Oh, the cats are curled and cozy, and the cheese is melting too,
Chicken fried steak's the dinner, it’s the best we ever knew.
With the Eyes of Texas watching, we’ve got nothing left to prove,
As we dine on cheesy goodness and watch the Longhorns rule!

3 hours ago, cochamps said:

I really meant I'd rather have the team win a bunch of games rather than the Heisman, contrary to his original point.  The Heisman doesn't mean much to me.  But yeah, of course I want us to win the title.  Which I think you could do with 2 losses in the regular season (maybe?).

Winning a bunch of games keeps us relevant for recruiting and winning in future seasons.  JMO

Winning Heisman is never a bad thing for a program or the player it happens for. It would be cool is all I’m saying but it’s not a be all end all obviously. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Daichee Bell said:

Uh.  Springsteen?  

You cut Bruce, you cut him deep. 

I was in a certain service organization in the 80s that blared "Johnny 99" over a loudspeaker for 12 hours straight during the hazing ritual. 

Never been waterboarded but I'd invite the comparison

So now I have lived in Galveston for years. I also work with many folks who have lived for generations here. I asked some of the ex-players for Ball High what their kids are saying about a certain recruit from Galveston who we are hoping to get. The consensus was the recruit was playing his cards close to his vest and no one knows where he will be going.

• Fuck You 4

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Winning Heisman is never a bad thing for a program or the player it happens for. It would be cool is all I’m saying but it’s not a be all end all obviously. 

I wonder if out there in the multiverse somewhere VY won the 2005 Heisman and was about 5% less focused on beating USC’s collective ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'd be fine with Earl and Rickey being the last Heisman winners in my lifetime if a few championship trophies come back to Austin.

I mean, after Vince didn't win (and a few years later Johnny 8-ball did) I was pretty much done with that being a huge thing.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Isn't Arkansas typically really good at their talent evaluation?

They were when Odom was the DC but he left for UNLV. Do you trust Travis Williams?

Edited by texifornia

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

So now I have lived in Galveston for years. I also work with many folks who have lived for generations here. I asked some of the ex-players for Ball High what their kids are saying about a certain recruit from Galveston who we are hoping to get. The consensus was the recruit was playing his cards close to his vest and no one knows where he will be going.

I don’t live or talk to anyone from Galveston and it seems this recruit is playing it close to vest and not showing his cards. Lmao 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Call me an optimist, but I think our chances are pretty good to land Casey Hampton.

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sark playing chess. Once all the teams fill up and stop recruiting DT. We go out and start mopping up.  

Looks like this is more "go offer all the DL commits for the teams that are definitely firing their coaches this year"

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Leanderman said:

This is one of the greatest things ive ever seen written on the internet

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Texas 247 site posted the article below earlier today about Kade Phillips and Shea Dixon also mentioned on the LSU On3 site in a discussion about flips that if LSU was going to flip a prospect currently committed to another school, he would feel most confident in Phillips.

From Jordan Scruggs (Horns247)

LSU has continued to recruit Phillips behind the scenes since he committed to Texas on July 6th.

Although he's listed as a cornerback by 247Sports, Phillips committed to Blake Gideon and Texas to play safety with the possibility that he could one day be moved to star or cornerback due to the athleticism, length, and versatility Phillips possesses.

Texas was the only program among Phillips' 30 offers that pursued him to play the safety position, whereas LSU and every single other school besides Texas always recruited Phillips to play cornerback.

I do see it as a possibility that Phillips could flip to LSU before early signing day as the Bayou Bengals will not be giving up on him at all this fall as they'll be "recruiting through the whistle". Up to this point I've felt as if the current group of commitments Texas holds has been pretty solid with their pledges, but upon hearing of the dialogue that's continued between LSU and the Phillips camp since the Texas commitment I felt as if it was worth it to get this posted on the board.

I'm unaware of the defensive back board over at LSU, but depending on timing, I do think *if* Phillips were to flip to LSU then it could swing the door wide open for Texas and Aidan Anding once again. Again, I am unaware of the LSU DB board, but I do think there's a chance *if* Phillips were to flip to LSU, than Anding's spot at LSU *might* be taken which could make Texas the expected landing spot for Anding once again. Anding is still planning on making his decision before the season starts, so it would have to happen sooner rather than later if that hypothetical scenario of Phillips to LSU and Anding to Texas was to happen.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Texas 247 site posted this earlier today about Kade Phillips and Shea Dixon mentioned on the LSU On3 site in a discussion about flips that if LSU was going to flip a prospect currently committed to another school, he would feel most confident in Phillips.

LSU has continued to recruit Phillips behind the scenes since he committed to Texas on July 6th.

Although he's listed as a cornerback by 247Sports, Phillips committed to Blake Gideon and Texas to play safety with the possibility that he could one day be moved to star or cornerback due to the athleticism, length, and versatility Phillips possesses.

Texas was the only program among Phillips' 30 offers that pursued him to play the safety position, whereas LSU and every single other school besides Texas always recruited Phillips to play cornerback.

I do see it as a possibility that Phillips could flip to LSU before early signing day as the Bayou Bengals will not be giving up on him at all this fall as they'll be "recruiting through the whistle". Up to this point I've felt as if the current group of commitments Texas holds has been pretty solid with their pledges, but upon hearing of the dialogue that's continued between LSU and the Phillips camp since the Texas commitment I felt as if it was worth it to get this posted on the board.

I'm unaware of the defensive back board over at LSU, but depending on timing, I do think *if* Phillips were to flip to LSU then it could swing the door wide open for Texas and Aidan Anding once again. Again, I am unaware of the LSU DB board, but I do think there's a chance *if* Phillips were to flip to LSU, than Anding's spot at LSU *might* be taken which could make Texas the expected landing spot for Anding once again. Anding is still planning on making his decision before the season starts, so it would have to happen sooner rather than later if that hypothetical scenario of Phillips to LSU and Anding to Texas was to happen.

what GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2