Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

22 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Hamilton has said this repeatedly, I trust his expertise.

I think there are times, when recruiting analysts project a players NFL fit over their college football fit. Lot of NFL IOL played tackle at a high level in college. There is a reason the NFL pays dearly for true LTs (they are extremely rare) 

27 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think there are times, when recruiting analysts project a players NFL fit over their college football fit. Lot of NFL IOL played tackle at a high level in college. There is a reason the NFL pays dearly for true LTs (they are extremely rare) 

Look, I don’t care what he plays but Gerry was talking about college, not NFL. He may be wrong, I’m just passing on information.

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I would rather have Brooks and Turntine over Fasusi. He is a better prospect and we have quality tackles in the program that can man the ship for a year or two. 

Exactly. Texas has a backlog of excellent young tackles. Fasusi would be behind Gosby, and probably Baker for the left tackle spot, and would possibly only start his senior year at Texas. Guys that talented want to start for more than one year. If Turntine is already the best tackle, in Texas, it wouldn't hurt to skip a year to give him a chance to start as an underclassman. It's not like the NIL funds couldn't be used somewhere else. 

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

58 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Exactly. Texas has a backlog of excellent young tackles. Fasusi would be behind Gosby, and probably Baker for the left tackle spot, and would possibly only start his senior year at Texas. Guys that talented want to start for more than one year. If Turntine is already the best tackle, in Texas, it wouldn't hurt to skip a year to give him a chance to start as an underclassman. It's not like the NIL funds couldn't be used somewhere else. 

CHIEF

I thought Baker was a right tackle.  I think Fasusi has a chance to see the field earlier at OU but I also think he has the talent to be a multi-year starter at Texas if he puts the work in. 

2 hours ago, DZX158 said:

I thought Baker was a right tackle.  I think Fasusi has a chance to see the field earlier at OU but I also think he has the talent to be a multi-year starter at Texas if he puts the work in. 

Baker is a RT, you're correct. 

Fasusi is going to OU because he wants to play early, and lord knows he can do that in that shit hole. Plus Gerry said he has the best relationship with Bedenbaugh.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Baker is a RT, you're correct. 

Fasusi is going to OU because he wants to play early, and lord knows he can do that in that shit hole. Plus Gerry said he has the best relationship with Bedenbaugh.

He also apparently liked the “nightlife” on his official. Not sure what kind of meth den he found himself in, but it must have involved twins and a rubber chicken.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He also apparently liked the “nightlife” on his official. Not sure what kind of meth den he found himself in, but it must have involved twins and a rubber chicken.

What he does with other naked men is his business. Turntine will get an opium den and as many fleshlights as he can handle. And the NIL won't hurt, either. 

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

These LSU mods are a trip. Lose a recruit to Texas? Don’t worry subscribers it’s not over. He’ll take a visit in the fall. 

Lose a recruit to any other team in the country? LSU did a great job here, but it just didn’t work out. Best of luck. 

You just described virtually every 9.95er in the business, including our own. Recruiting fans live for this shit. Sprinkle in some “starter kit” for your backup plans and “character issues” for your misses and you are fucking golden.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

The mods from LSU 247, on Ffrench.

image.thumb.png.8efb39419f939aecf66ecd0897297752.png

image.thumb.png.58740eca5d8f92f109c4a5ad7d92592e.png

Slightly different take from the other mod, West.

image.thumb.png.646fbdf52443eca5aa6baae722df6066.png

I can certainly think of more effective strategies than trying to recruit two guys against each other who talked about playing together and would be going to a school where a good number of WR snaps and touches will likely be available with Arch Manning throwing you the ball. 

Gerry has mentioned it several times and CTJ just said it too, but Ffrench doesn’t necessarily prefer close to family. I know we always feel like we are on the losing end of those preferences from kids who want to get out of Texas but it may be working to our benefit this recruitment.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You just described virtually every 9.95er in the business, including our own. Recruiting fans live for this shit. Sprinkle in some “starter kit” for your backup plans and “character issues” for your misses and you are fucking golden.

Same as it ever was.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Here’s the thing they’re not discussing:

Ffrench has around 20 family members in Baton Rouge. Some of them are apparently directly attached to the mom in ways that a guy going to college isn’t going to relish. Getting a home cooked meal? Sure. Getting narced out to mom about girl chasing or being late to class, no fun. 

So, sure, I won’t be surprised to see him visit Baton Rouge again either. It’s a good reason to see family and catch a great CFB atmosphere. 

You all saw where LSU’s collective has hired a guy with the aspiration of raising $14M by next summer, right? They’re so far from NIL competitive in football that they don’t even know what tail to chase. 

I’m not saying Ffrench signs with Texas. I’m just saying that he is not signing with LSU. 

Sounds like Moore from the family perspective.

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

These LSU mods are a trip. Lose a recruit to Texas? Don’t worry subscribers it’s not over. He’ll take a visit in the fall. 

Lose a recruit to any other team in the country? LSU did a great job here, but it just didn’t work out. Best of luck. 

You beat me to it. Leave some hope for those poor bastards.

Tiger fans, He has signed with Texas. Don't be surprised if he hits the portal and visits BR. 

3 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sorry for the dumb question, I seem to have a lot of them lately.

With Roster counts going up to 105, there no cap on signing classes right? I feel like they uncapped it a few years ago and the only solid requirement is to make sure youre at 85?

Yes

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/16/2024 at 6:55 AM, Hookem2147 said:

I know we always feel like we are on the losing end of those preferences from kids who want to get out of Texas but it may be working to our benefit this recruitment.

Well for a loooong time we recruited almost exclusively in Texas unless there was someone with a serious tie to the state or university, like seindlein and Houston.  So those get away from home players could only go one direction. 

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hopefully we keep pursuing Rogers throughout the season.  Don't like going 0-3 and the three OT studs in-state for this class.

Don't like going 0-fer in any class at any position.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Texas is going to land Brooks at OT, is the early leader on an elite OT for 2026, and has P4 starting caliber OTs on the bench for this upcoming season. 

There should be no handwringing here

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

I’m not going to worry about OT, even though our recruiting since the golden class has been a bit unclear in its potential. Texas ought to be able to have strong talent at the position one way or another. 

DT, DE, P and safety are the positions where there are open questions in general. QB, WR, RB, LB, OT, G/C, TE, K and CB seem to be well recruited positions since Sark arrived. 

What's the difference between what you want in terms of size, ability, etc between a RT and LT?  What defines a LT from a RT?  I assumed Cam would shift to LT after Banks and Goosby/Baker would start at RT but apparently there is more to this. 

30 minutes ago, hornlife said:

What's the difference between what you want in terms of size, ability, etc between a RT and LT?  What defines a LT from a RT?  I assumed Cam would shift to LT after Banks and Goosby/Baker would start at RT but apparently there is more to this. 

LT protects the blindside of the QB, so they generally have more speed and agility.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bevo said:

LT protects the blindside of the QB, so they generally have more speed and agility.

Unless of course the QB is left handed then the RT would need to have more speed and agility. But the left handed QB is a dying breed. Tua Tagovailoa is the only left handed QB in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Unless of course the QB is left handed then the RT would need to have more speed and agility. But the left handed QB is a dying breed. Tua Tagovailoa is the only left handed QB in the NFL.

I hate you for making me do this….

image.jpeg.ff410e222a426fe4a40c74c4d59bc4a3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4