Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Florida seems to be the only state where Hooters is doing well. 

image.gif.2d34d403d08e34b759495baf5b78a360.gif

I assume plenty of strippers headed in the OF direction, but also assume that the default "all the hot women went to OnlyFans" is just fan fiction for the thirsty. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

I assume plenty of strippers headed in the OF direction, but also assume that the default "all the hot women went to OnlyFans" is just fan fiction for the thirsty. 

There are like 2 places in DFW not called Hooters that have scantily clad very attractive women that are not also strip clubs.  One is in Plano and one is now in Grapevine.  The rest of these establishments may have an attractive woman here and there, but many of the crew are exceedingly busted and average.  You're better off spending your time at nicer restaurants if you want to see good looking women.  It's a real thing for sure.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

There are like 2 places in DFW not called Hooters that have scantily clad very attractive women that are not also strip clubs.  One is in Plano and one is now in Grapevine.  The rest of these establishments may have an attractive woman here and there, but many of the crew are exceedingly busted and average.  You're better off spending your time at nicer restaurants if you want to see good looking women.  It's a real thing for sure.

When I lived in Lewisville years back we had Hooters, Twin Peaks, and a very short lived Tilted Kilts.  All would make you sick before your food arrived.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

Not to mention that the market is now littered with copy cat franchises built on the backs of young women waitresses many of which seem to do a better job at hiring that Hooters seems to be doing.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I had never been to a Twin Peaks but fate would have it that I’ve been to two locations in the last ten days. While both events resulted from regrettable circumstances, I can confirm two vital details:

1.- The beer was cold

2.- The scenery wasn’t nearly as depressing as I expected. Still a bit depressing, but I was expecting to contemplate the current state of humanity and instead was thinking “this is some pretty good tna.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

When I lived in Lewisville years back we had Hooters, Twin Peaks, and a very short lived Tilted Kilts.  All would make you sick before your food arrived.

There was also a Redneck Heaven.  There may have been more breastaurants than actual restaurants.  Was I living in the mecca?

I had never been to a Twin Peaks but fate would have it that I’ve been to two locations in the last ten days. While both events resulted from regrettable circumstances.

Any gunfire?

CTJ, regarding Hooters closures, it seems 17 in Texas have folded, but some still exist in the Houston area (I think that’s where you reside) and as the board has decided, it’s all “Greater Houston.” Even Pasadena still has some tits and wings for the boys to enjoy.

https://gator995.com/is-hooters-closing-its-texas-locations-heres-what-we-know/

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

There was also a Redneck Heaven.  There may have been more breastaurants than actual restaurants.  Was I living in the mecca?

Good grief that place was a fucking disaster!  It's like they visited all the methed out trailer parks in Oklahoma and imported the women to Lewisville.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

There’s even a Mexican themed breastaurant, something like Loco Titties, where the servers are primarily Hispanic/Latina

Ok, it’s “Ojos Locos,” I like Loco Titties better. Lotsa Texas locations.

https://ojoslocos.com/locations

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I've still not forgiven my wife for turning down an upper-level finance job with Hooters. For the rest of my life, I'll have unfulfilled dreams of epic Christmas celebrations and summer party boats.

In that alternate timeline she is likely your ex-wife.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Good grief that place was a fucking disaster!  It's like they visited all the methed out trailer parks in Oklahoma and imported the women to Lewisville.

I’m pretty sure they also turned that breastaurant into a reality TV series for a season or two. I think when it went under they converted it into another Bombshells

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It’s now a “Barra Brava”.  Same concept, but catering to our Latino brethren primarily.  Went there once, wasn’t too bad but music was way too loud as those places are wont to be.

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

anyway, who is your favorite ninja turtle and why

Since you asked, when it comes to playing the arcade game it's Donny, because his weapon reached the farthest when attacking foot soldiers and such.  Mikey is second favorite on the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Since you asked, when it comes to playing the arcade game it's Donny, because his weapon reached the farthest when attacking foot soldiers and such.  Mikey is second favorite on the game.

Bad take.  Leo was OP in the games.

But Rafael is the TMNT goat.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How does this kid compare to say Rink(a white) or the muffin man from Bellville?

IMG_4687.jpeg

The DL committed to Arkansas is planning to visit as well.  Think they like him more since he was just offered.  One who's dad played in the NFL.

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How does this kid compare to say Rink(a white) or the muffin man from Bellville?

IMG_4687.jpeg

From 247:  
Powerlifter who's also competed in track and field (shot put, discus).
Texas powerlifting state qualifier as a junior with individual lift records of 490 bench, 605 deadlift, and 700 squat.
Texas 3A regional qualifier in the discus as a junior with a Spring 2024 season-best throw of 140-10.
As a freshman, posted season-best throws of 43-5 in the shot put and 147-4 in the discus in Spring 2022.

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Went to an Ojos Locos in Arlington last year before a Pantera/Metallica show in Jerryworld. Food was decent. Beer was cold. Idk if it was black lingerie day or if that's the norm, but that was all they took out of the wardrobe that day. 

Is that also the name of the spot off 35 about 5 miles north of the stadium?  My kids and I ended up there after a game last year.  Some guy was OD'ing on the front walkway.  We were the only gringos in the entire place.  Luckily, I speak Spanish.  The waitresses looked pretty good to me, but I've always had a thing for the Latinas.

Yep, Ojos Locos.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
my lazy ass looked it up.

23 minutes ago, cafe society said:

From 247:  
Powerlifter who's also competed in track and field (shot put, discus).
Texas powerlifting state qualifier as a junior with individual lift records of 490 bench, 605 deadlift, and 700 squat.

Texas 3A regional qualifier in the discus as a junior with a Spring 2024 season-best throw of 140-10.
As a freshman, posted season-best throws of 43-5 in the shot put and 147-4 in the discus in Spring 2022.

Checks Bobby's desire for "multi-sport" athlete.

That type of strength for a DT is always a good sign. Given the power lifting background, he should understand stance, balance, and leverage really well too. I like this offer as a development take. Granted, I haven't watched any of his film. Caveat emptor.

https://247sports.com/player/jackson-blackwell-46148199/

https://www.on3.com/db/jackson-blackwell-237784/recruiting/

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Is that also the name of the spot off 35 about 5 miles north of the stadium?  My kids and I ended up there after a game last year.  Some guy was OD'ing on the front walkway.  We were the only gringos in the entire place.  Luckily, I speak Spanish.  The waitresses looked pretty good to me, but I've always had a thing for the Latinas.

Yep, Ojos Locos.

That's the one. I hope your kids are at least high school aged 😳

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matuka said:

It’s now a “Barra Brava”.  Same concept, but catering to our Latino brethren primarily.  Went there once, wasn’t too bad but music was way too loud as those places are wont to be.

havent been, maybe I'll watch us play UTSA their

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Twin Peaks has best food of the breastraunts 

Maybe now. But Bone Daddy's really did produce good BBQ.  it was funny, before it closed in grapevine they went to just a tight tshirt and tight jeans and it was preferable to the outfits from before.

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Any gunfire?

CTJ, regarding Hooters closures, it seems 17 in Texas have folded, but some still exist in the Houston area (I think that’s where you reside) and as the board has decided, it’s all “Greater Houston.” Even Pasadena still has some tits and wings for the boys to enjoy.

https://gator995.com/is-hooters-closing-its-texas-locations-heres-what-we-know/

Thanks for the update. The only reason I go to The Get Down these days is for funerals. It might as well be states away. I imagine that Hooters is filled with a lot of crazy Mexican and Puerto Rican ladies. Those were some good times back in the day. 

I didn’t realize, but should have known, that this board has some serious breastaurant knowledge. I haven’t been in one of those places in almost two decades. 

25 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Years ago some buddies and I were at Bonedaddy’s and we were having chips and queso. The chips tasted just like the Julios brand from HEB. My buddy asks the waitress, “Are these Julios chips?” Without missing a beat the waitress says “I don’t know. I know there is a Juan working back there.” 

Julio's are some great fuckin' chips.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

anyway, who is your favorite ninja turtle and why

I’m late to the party but I couldn’t let this one pass. I’ve beat all the TMNT games, and Leo and Donatello should be the only two options! Mikey is the favorite from the cartoon and movies. 

2 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Oh fuck off, half rack of ribs and a couple 32 oz beers served by a smokin hot bartender for lunch was awesome. At least the Bonedaddys in Dallas 

Agree with this at least five years ago in Dallas.  Not sure about current state.