Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Gaby Urrutia (Staff, Miami 247), today.
Lately, some have considered Miami to be the main competition for Ffrench.
image.thumb.png.2fda49363bd15c33429d5e0683b1c159.png

If Miami is our competition then it’s not because he wants to win or be paid handsomely for his services

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40884354/substantial-doubt-company-miami-booster-john-ruiz

3 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

If Miami is our competition then it’s not because he wants to win or be paid handsomely for his services

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40884354/substantial-doubt-company-miami-booster-john-ruiz

They've moved beyond him being the only NIL booster. Big city, private school, lots of local corporations, they're doing fine.

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

He’s a disgusting fatbody who will never amount to shit.  Hope that helps.

Oh, and, I would not bang Sydney Sweeney.  She has sharp knees.

You get used to it 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bolero88 said:

I really hope we end up with Ed Small as our 3rd WR. Seems like it would just be wrong for him not to be a Longhorn. 

He was committed to us for baseball before he flipped for a TCU football scholarship, but he's just not at the level we're recruiting for WRs.

https://www.on3.com/db/ed-small-180954/

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He was committed to us for baseball before he flipped for a TCU football scholarship, but he's just not at the level we're recruiting for WRs.

https://www.on3.com/db/ed-small-180954/

Given the baseball+football rules with scholarships I wonder if that's the type that we'd pursue more heavily with the limit going up to 105

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The interior DL they wanted most went to Oregon. Regarding Williams, OU paid a price above rubies and Texas saw replacement value as much less expensive. I guess we'll see which program was right in that regard when comparing Lole and Norton's numbers to DW's. But if you're going to whine about shit, get the facts around the whines correct. The UH DT was the number 1 target. 

Your OL silliness isn't worth the keystrokes.

That meth money is not to be trifled with

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

They've moved beyond him being the only NIL booster. Big city, private school, lots of local corporations, they're doing fine.

Yep. Miami has always been a big NIL school. Only now they can openly use the players’ name, image and likeness.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Rise and shine, you lazy mofos!  

It's Nick Brooks commitment day!!

Both of these guys write for Georgia 247

image.thumb.png.8c2098dd0f46e5c3b9097a7ecb1afd95.png

From an article on Dawgs 247

image.thumb.png.0ea2d7eba543da0abec493d94268f06d.png

And some lulz ... 

image.thumb.png.b8bc5e0b7999e3ccbde7667e8a584f57.png

image.thumb.png.255ff284aa4376543d6a8eba243453d2.png

No dipshits, Kirby is speed running an Urban Meyer Florida.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I'm going to stick my dick in the mash potatoes real quick. 

Getting Ffrench is great. But loading up on WR doesn't tickle my pickle anymore. It's too easy to get good WR from the portal and I'd rather win battles for talent that can really only be sourced from high school. Herman had highly ranked classes full of DBs and WRs, and that turned out to be a less than optimal strategy. 

Getting Brooks is great. The other OL commits in 2025 seem like bread and Brooks is a step up. But he's the exception that raises a question - why is there so much bread? Are we just suffering from our success, where good prospects see a crowded room and look elsewhere for quick playing time? 

Getting Jonah Williams is great. Hard to complain about pulling in a 5-star safety, especially when it upsets the Aggies so much. But I can't wipe from my memory all the times I read that he was more interested in baseball and that he wouldn't drop down to LB, even if that was a better fit. I'm not saying the kid will bust, just that there are a disconcerting number of caveats attached to this recruitment. If he went to the Aggies, what would we be saying?

And we still have one fucking DL in the class. One. Some of y'all ripped on me for pissing my pants when we missed on guys like Brown and Zion Williams and I'm sure you'll rip on me again. Fuck you in advance. But at what point do we get concerned? Because that room is going to get really empty after this season and recruiting more 5-star WR isn't going to change that uncomfortable fact. 

I look forward to all the comments comparing me to genitals and/or the mentally handicapped. Cheers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

I'm going to stick my dick in the mash potatoes real quick. 

Getting Ffrench is great. But loading up on WR doesn't tickle my pickle anymore. It's too easy to get good WR from the portal and I'd rather win battles for talent that can really only be sourced from high school. Herman had highly ranked classes full of DBs and WRs, and that turned out to be a less than optimal strategy. 

Getting Brooks is great. The other OL commits in 2025 seem like bread and Brooks is a step up. But he's the exception that raises a question - why is there so much bread? Are we just suffering from our success, where good prospects see a crowded room and look elsewhere for quick playing time? 

Getting Jonah Williams is great. Hard to complain about pulling in a 5-star safety, especially when it upsets the Aggies so much. But I can't wipe from my memory all the times I read that he was more interested in baseball and that he wouldn't drop down to LB, even if that was a better fit. I'm not saying the kid will bust, just that there are a disconcerting number of caveats attached to this recruitment. If he went to the Aggies, what would we be saying?

And we still have one fucking DL in the class. One. Some of y'all ripped on me for pissing my pants when we missed on guys like Brown and Zion Williams and I'm sure you'll rip on me again. Fuck you in advance. But at what point do we get concerned? Because that room is going to get really empty after this season and recruiting more 5-star WR isn't going to change that uncomfortable fact. 

I look forward to all the comments comparing me to genitals and/or the mentally handicapped. Cheers. 

Maybe talk the dog for a walk or some breathing exercises.  My man, it’s August FFS, chill.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tree Fidy said:

Maybe talk the dog for a walk or some breathing exercises.  My man, it’s August FFS, chill.  

Thank you for telling me what month it is. Last month, someone was helpful enough to tell me that it was July. Before that it was June. And DJ Sanders and Myron Charles were still on the board. They aren't anymore.