Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Regarding Michigan…Harbaugh is a crazy fuck but damn the guy can identify talent, develop it, then deploy it.  He’s won everywhere he’s ever been.

2018-2023 Michigan may be explained by the fact he was the coach, nothing more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

I mean it's way better than Mack's affinity for 250 lb linemen

Imagine if Colt had a real line. I was rewatching the title game against Sabans deer antler squad, our offensive line looked like a Wisconsin line on ozempic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nope said:
  Hide contents

I have a source very close to the Kade Phillips situation. Apparently someone who coached Terrance Brooks in HS has been very vocal about the fact that he got worse while at Texas. Raymond is also negative recruiting Joseph by highlighting that he was never a top football prospect growing up, his sport was baseball.

I mean sure, but Joseph didn't tell Brooks to eat a Big Mac and a supersize fries for every meal.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Brooks went to play for that fat fuck Bielema at Illinois. Coaches weren’t looking at the film and thinking “I can coach that out of him.”  At least Brooks understood that if he didn’t want to lose weight, he should stand next to someone fatter….and fuck whoever upthread has made me defend Terry Joseph. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

If he has no interest in safety, then that’s probably the #1 reason he decommitted. Because he was committed here as a safety.

yeah so as much as Terry got hate by Brooks dad.. he wasn't gonna coach Phillips

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MrX said:

Nothing more? Yeah I can’t think of anything else going on at Michigan over that time period other than good ole Jim Harbaugh identifying hidden gems and coaching them up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Nothing more? Yeah I can’t think of anything else going on at Michigan over that time period other than good ole Jim Harbaugh identifying hidden gems and coaching them up. 

In fact, didn’t he miss half the season last year?

3 hours ago, Nope said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have a source very close to the Kade Phillips situation. Apparently someone who coached Terrance Brooks in HS has been very vocal about the fact that he got worse while at Texas. Raymond is also negative recruiting Joseph by highlighting that he was never a top football prospect growing up, his sport was baseball.

So this begs the question why did he commit to Texas over LSU in the first place then? Nothing changed in the 30 days he was committed for.

5 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

A couple of days ago someone on OTF YouTube asked if Jonah Williams would make an impact like Ant Hill, and both Gerry and Bobby intimated that Jonah is a freak and is on par with Ant and would make that kind of impact, FWIW

he will win a thorpe at texas as a safety.  6’3” 220 lb killer roaming the backfield.  he’s an NFL safety. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

If he has no interest in safety, then that’s probably the #1 reason he decommitted. Because he was committed here as a safety.

Was he? I was told (and this person would definitely know) that none of the safety talk started until after the commitment

4 hours ago, MrX said:

Regarding Michigan…Harbaugh is a crazy fuck but damn the guy can identify talent, develop it, then deploy it.  He’s won everywhere he’s ever been.

Look at results pre and post advanced scouting. 

I’m not sure how T Joseph plays a role in the Phillips recruitment outside of pushing “maybe he doesn’t identify talent well cause if he did then why wasn’t he recruiting you at corner”. But still he committed to Texas to play safety with a chance to try out corner. At the end of the day the kid wants to bet on himself and his ability to play corner. Man corner on an island cause that’s been Raymond’s biggest recruiting tool against Texas this year and last two years at Florida. He says Texas can’t teach and won’t play man, he will and that’s how you get to the league. Good luck to the kid. 

FYI: somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread. Brooks dad hates T Joseph. I don’t know of any contact with Phillips but if Daddy Brooks and TJ are in the same room anytime soon it’s probably going to end in a wrestling match. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, futureman said:

he will win a thorpe at texas as a safety.  6’3” 220 lb killer roaming the backfield.  he’s an NFL safety. 

He’s a more agile Kam Chancellor. SEC ready.

Edited by Hank_Hill

12 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Brooks went to play for that fat fuck Bielema at Illinois. Coaches weren’t looking at the film and thinking “I can coach that out of him.”  At least Brooks understood that if he didn’t want to lose weight, he should stand next to someone fatter….and fuck whoever upthread has made me defend Terry Joseph. 

Saw him a few weeks ago.  Love how the notebook looks like he’s holding a postage stamp.  

IMG_7128.png

• Haha 2

Gentlemen, prepare your anuses. Jonah Williams will be a Longhorn today. And if what Gerry and Bobby said about him having the same impact as Ant Hill, I'm all for it. Irrespective of what CTJ says, he does actually tackle really well. Doesn't shy away from contact, and is a ball hawk. I look forward to him donning the Burnt Orange and White. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

That’s not the Kelson I recall. Maybe you’re thinking of Killebrew. 

Kelson’s finest moment was running stride-for-stride with Reggie Bush in the national championship game, perfectly defending that wheel route that scores 99 times out of 100. 

Excellence… 

You're right. I am Katfid. I am shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

That’s not the Kelson I recall. Maybe you’re thinking of Killebrew. 

Kelson’s finest moment was running stride-for-stride with Reggie Bush in the national championship game, perfectly defending that wheel route that scores 99 times out of 100. 

Excellence… 

I beg to differ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1