texifornia

15 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Don't close the door
On Dakorien Moore
This aint' the ceilin'
Only the floor
Don't close the door
On Dakroien Moore

I'll throw my prediction out there that he'll be a late flip.

Dillon Gabriel won't be there 

Austin Novosad is an unknown

Dante Moore is trash 

Will Stein will be gone 

Texas :

Arch Manning

Other elite WRs like Cook, Wingo,Lockett, and Ffrench, Terry in the Niblack role, and plenty of passes to go around. 

Elite o-line

Elite TE in Jordan Washington 

Austin 

Sark's offense 

Door isnt closing until he's finished up his 3 years 

To edit: Dakorian Moore in our class is wish casting, but there's always that 1% chance 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I don't think we get Moore and Terry. Once we add Terry, I think we are done at WR. Let Moore go do nothing in the Pacific Northwest, while flying cross country at least 4-5 times a season for those 12 PM EDT kicks at Rutgers.

American Airlines did us no favors here. They bizarrely have a DFW to Eugene nonstop flight.

• Rage+1 1

Do any of our OL takes the last 2 cycles project to LT? If Goosby is as good as some think, that spot could be open in 2 years. That's the one thing I'm (slightly) concerned about wrt the OL.

Edited by TXpride

10 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Do any of our OL takes the last 2 cycles project to LT? If Goosby is as good as some think, that spot could be open in 2 years. That's the one thing I'm (slightly) concerned about wrt the OL.

thanks for you concern now please get back in line

2 hours ago, TXpride said:

Baker

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I don't think we get Moore and Terry. Once we add Terry, I think we are done at WR. Let Moore go do nothing in the Pacific Northwest, while flying cross country at least 4-5 times a season for those 12 PM EDT kicks at Rutgers.

This is just dumb. What about Sark makes you think he doesn’t recruit through the whistle? The staff won’t be “done” with Moore until he signs his NLI. 

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Blake Gideon is a hell of a recruiter. I believe that's six top-100 DBs in three years: Derrick Williams, Wardell Mack, Jordan Johnson Rubell, Jonah Williams, Xavier Filsame, and Jelani McDonald.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

5 hours ago, TXpride said:

Yes. Brandon Baker will be a very good LT and there are several others with potential. 

I have no inside knowledge but I feel DM is a no go. He's had 2 times to commit to Texas and didn't. Even if he flipped he seems like he'll do it for wrong reasons and it'll be a disaster. Lets go win em all and make the next DM coming up pick Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, 7KHorn said:

Don’t see what it has to do with recruiting, but I am ready to run through a brick wall now. 

That shot of Johntay celebrating while the ball is still in the air to X is great. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:

Everything I've seen said Baker was a right tackle. For left tackle, there are people in front of him, Goosby, and Chatman come to mind. Right tackle just Cam, I believe.

He played RT in high school but he has the feet and technique to play LT

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I don’t think Texas sees Terry as a WR.

22 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I don’t think Texas sees Terry as a WR.

They do until he is at least on campus.  Once on campus, they may convince him a move is in his best interest. 

DM is a generational talent to me.  I think you take him regardless of the consequences.  

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

They do until he is at least on campus.  Once on campus, they may convince him a move is in his best interest. 

DM is a generational talent to me.  I think you take him regardless of the consequences.  

Texas hasn’t passed on Moore. He has passed on Texas.

2 hours ago, Hookem10 said:

I have no inside knowledge but I feel DM is a no go. He's had 2 times to commit to Texas and didn't. Even if he flipped he seems like he'll do it for wrong reasons and it'll be a disaster. Lets go win em all and make the next DM coming up pick Texas. 

55 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Texas is landing Ffrench for the same reason it lost Moore - they don’t want to be surrounded by a bunch of family while in college. Maybe that sentiment changes once they’re on campus (hope not for Ffrench), but that’s the attitude now. 

Also, were Texas to flip Moore, which they’re not going to, Lockett is gone. Maybe folks would make that trade, but either way it negates the premise of “finding room for Moore”.  

As to Terry, he will get a shot at WR until he decides otherwise, if that’s important to him. Sometimes it works out for the player. We can all have our opinions of how he got there, but Bru McCoy was similar in that he was going to get a shot WR wherever he went and then he’d eventually flip to LB. Well, that dude is still playing WR and allegedly has an NFL grade at that spot. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The beauty of this quote is that it highlights how either clueless or dishonest the aggie mods are. I have friends involved in one end or another of this part of the college sports world who were adamant, and remained so, that ATM was out immediately after naming Earley the HC in baseball. 

Meanwhile, the pieces of shit at Texags, led by that bloviating fatass Brauny, acted like ATM was in this until the very end. They have been lying to their subs for two months, blatantly. 

It’s 100 percent rooted in Schloss. They are flat out embarrassed to admit they lost a good coach to their rival and that he could have an impact on a top recruit like this. 

It’s also why they went so crazy this off-season paying transfers/players to return in baseball. They’re acting like the bitter ex that is projecting because they’re so embarrassed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It’s 100 percent rooted in Schloss. They are flat out embarrassed to admit they lost a good coach to their rival and that he could have an impact on a top recruit like this. 

It’s also why they went so crazy this off-season paying transfers/players to return in baseball. They’re acting like the bitter ex that is projecting because they’re so embarrassed. 

Shit yeah they’re embarrassed. They make the national championship then have their coach ganked by big brother. The 2023-24 athletic year has been one of the best in loving memory for Aggie years. Shit is hysterical. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas is landing Ffrench for the same reason it lost Moore - they don’t want to be surrounded by a bunch of family while in college. Maybe that sentiment changes once they’re on campus (hope not for Ffrench), but that’s the attitude now. 

Also, were Texas to flip Moore, which they’re not going to, Lockett is gone. Maybe folks would make that trade, but either way it negates the premise of “finding room for Moore”.  

As to Terry, he will get a shot at WR until he decides otherwise, if that’s important to him. Sometimes it works out for the player. We can all have our opinions of how he got there, but Bru McCoy was similar in that he was going to get a shot WR wherever he went and then he’d eventually flip to LB. Well, that dude is still playing WR and allegedly has an NFL grade at that spot. 

I’ve heard this before on Moore/Lockett but don’t understand the dynamics. Is it a personality conflict, a worry that he won’t be the primary target?

Just my opinion, but I think people get way too granular on this shit. Most of these OL are need of major body reshaping. Cam Williams and Nick Brooks are examples. They both needed to lose at least 20-30 pounds of baby fat and add 10 pounds of muscle. Can Williams was 380 as a prospect. This year he is listed at 335. I will bet he moves a lot better this season, compared his HS senior tape. Outside of reshaping their bodies, you don’t need an NFL LT to be successful at LT in college. Connor Williams was a stud at LT for Texas and at no point did the NFL GMs ever consider him a tackle. Lot of these “he is a RT” comments are about their ultimate upside in the NFL, not college 
Thanks for the tackle Ted talk.
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Blake Gideon is a hell of a recruiter. I believe that's six top-100 DBs in three years: Derrick Williams, Wardell Mack, Jordan Johnson Rubell, Jonah Williams, Xavier Filsame, and Jelani McDonald.

coaching on the other hand...

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Baker

He's a RT, Goosby is a LT. 

11 hours ago, TXpride said:

Nick Brooks or Turntine will have 2 years in the program by the time Goosby is NFL ready. He's out future LT

• Hook 'Em 1

I will continue to beat this drum, but we're getting Myron Charles, and we'll flip 1-2 targets (probably the kid committed to Arky since Pittman is a dead man walking), so we'll have 3 HS kids, and we'll land another 2 in the portal for next year to go along with January, Hills, and if he doesn't have a heart attack, Mitchell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I will continue to beat this drum, but we're getting Myron Charles, and we'll flip 1-2 targets (probably the kid committed to Arky since Pittman is a dead man walking), so we'll have 3 HS kids, and we'll land another 2 in the portal for next year to go along with January, Hills, and if he doesn't have a heart attack, Mitchell. 

Don't forget Bledsoe and Bryant, both should be getting plenty of reps in the rotation.

• Hook 'Em 2