College: Texas     Number: 16
Height: 6-0   Weight: 190
Position: FS  Pos2: SS
Class/Draft Year: rJr/2026

40 Low: 4.45
   40 Time: 4.55
  40 High: 4.63

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1094980&DraftYear=2026

When he was a junior he was 4th on the track team in LJ and TJ. He lacks athleticism, but he’s a smart football player. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Does Terry have an announcement set?

*If this was answered not long ago in this thread, please insult me personally/deeply for my transgression. *

From what I remember, he does not have one set yet. Just sometime this fall. 

Just now, utfan87 said:

When he was a junior he was 4th on the track team in LJ and TJ. He lacks athleticism, but he’s a smart football player. 

Hey man, triple jump is hard. I tried it at one track meet freshman year and I looked like a fucking QWOP character.

split-qwop.gif

Edited by Park Gothic
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Terry going to be a badass red zone target. Nice complement to Lockett 

Lockett is a bad ass red zone target. 6'2, great body control, long arms, huge hands (From Gerry, not from personal experience). Suppposed to be one of the best WRs at going up and making contested catches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Terry going to be a badass red zone target. Nice complement to Lockett 

He seems like a better version of Lil'Jordan Humphrey, so it will be interesting to see whether he ends up.

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

the taafe being slow trope is really weird to me lol. Is it akin to the murphy being a fast qb because he's black? He is definitely small compared to williams or mcdonald but I think his speed is fine. I haven't been able to find a verified 40 time but his field speed is good from what I have seen. 

BO&W answered. He's a 4.8 guy, but he's instinctive and he has a penchant for being in the right place at the right time. But he ain't catching anybody. 

46 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Lockett is a bad ass red zone target. 6'2, great body control, long arms, huge hands (From Gerry, not from personal experience). Suppposed to be one of the best WRs at going up and making contested catches. 

Hands are like 11" and uses them really well. He'll be a monster in the red zone. Gerry mentioned that 50/50 balls are more like 80/20 when thrown to him. Said he has the biggest hands for a WR he's ever seen. He, Ffrench, Wingo, and Terry is just unfair. 

54 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Very smart. Like I said, he has a penchant for being in the right place at the right time. He knows where to be and can help line up everyone else. He's definitely an asset, even if he's slow. He's a good problem to have until he has to run after somebody. 

4 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

He flipped prior to Davis taking the job. Was also never recruited as an OL just saw the writing on the wall at the time and picked the better program for and coach.

This must be some Mandela effect shit, because I distinctly remember him being recruited by Mack for the o-line and he wanted to play defense, and Saban offered that. Plus Saban is/was a witch in recruiting and made good on his promises to get his guys to the league. Mack had mailed it in at this point, so it's moot. 

But him flipping definitely stung. That one hurt. 

13 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Why is that?

Because that's not how percentages work.  If a "50/50" ball is "80/20" when it's thrown to Lockett, then it was and is already an 80/20 ball.  It never was a 50/50 ball.

But a different pass can still be a 50/50 ball (even if that pass would be less than 50/50 if thrown to someone else).

Fong bomb for Terry. Nice. 

No Fong bomb for Ffrench yet, but Tom Loy put in his prediction. Unless I'm missing something regarding Fong

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Because that's not how percentages work.  If a "50/50" ball is "80/20" when it's thrown to Lockett, then it was and is already an 80/20 ball.  It never was a 50/50 ball.

But a different pass can still be a 50/50 ball (even if that pass would be less than 50/50 if thrown to someone else).

Bruh, I didn't say that, Gerry did. Take it up with him lol. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

giphy.webp

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

It works better if you think of “50/50 ball” not as a percentage, but as a metaphor for a pass into tight coverage.

That said, yeah, if Lockett pulls in 80% of those, it was inherently never a 50/50 pass, percentage-wise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Nice try. We all know.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It works better if you think of “50/50 ball” not as a percentage, but as a metaphor for a pass into tight coverage.

That said, yeah, if Lockett pulls in 80% of those, it was inherently never a 50/50 pass, percentage-wise.

It's just fatkid being a pedant. The term isn't meant to accurately describe the play via math, and it never was. It's a colloquialism. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's just fatkid being a pedant. The term isn't meant to accurately describe the play via math, and it never was. It's a colloquialism. 

Or even a metaphor. 

If we can’t be pedantic, I don’t know what sets us apart from the lower animals. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Opposable thumbs. 

That’s weak sauce. It’s pedantry and sarcasm, imo. 

Even so, I’d argue that it’s higher levels of consciousness and reason and that a chimp with opposable thumbs is still just a chimp. But that’s probably just pedantry on my part. 

Just now, Park Gothic said:

I've been on this board for a couple of years now. Not sure I'd rate humanity's levels of consciousness that high. 

Thumbs are pretty sweet though. They make hitting the space bar a lot easier. 

I could also have used “less low” and, in many contexts, would have.

I agree that thumbs are useful. Hell, I’m posting from an iPad… they’re all I use to type. They also make the Hook ‘em easier. 

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

i got colloquial with your mom's pedant last night.

Well, since we're wading in nonsense, I don't remember much convo around A'Shawn Robinson playing OL, but I do recall insistence from Texas' $9.95 crowd that Andrew Billings was making a huge mistake not embracing OL play. He's still in the NFL, so I guess he ended up alright.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Katfid engaging with Spider2yBanana on pedantic nonsense if the $9.95 equivalent of just getting spiked in the balls repeatedly. 

Ohhhh that's who that is? I was wondering how someone who posts so much got muted without me remembering them. It all makes sense now

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

There's always the chance of a Filsaime type recruitment happening, but Sanchez and the staff haven't seemed to like each other from day one.

There's a whole season of ball, teams to shit the bed, and coaching changes to happen. I'm treating errbody like a possibility. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin put in a flip pick for Myron Charles to Texas. 60% confidence.

“After Florida St’s devastating loss, I have a strong inclination to think that maybe Charles will potentially consider reopening his recruitment.”