Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Did you watch that game? 

The floor is 4-8 and unless they figure out how to play football, I think 5-7 is a more realistic outlook. 

Georgia Tech isn't THAT bad, and they needed a last second FG to win. They looked like shit, but probably bowl-eligible shit.

Just now, texifornia said:

Georgia Tech isn't THAT bad, and they needed a last second FG to win. They looked like shit, but probably bowl-eligible shit.

GT has an identity where FSU thought they could be the lite version of last years team. 5-7 is more a reflection of needing to find an identity mid-season than it is an assessment of the roster and it's more likely than not that early losses crater that locker room more than galvanize it. Nobody is going to rally around a 3rd school xfer qb that can't throw an accurate ball over 8 yards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Sal said:

“After Florida St’s devastating loss, I have a strong inclination to think that maybe Charles will potentially consider reopening his recruitment.”

I mean had they got him back on campus the same weekend as Sharma, this would have already happened.

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Concerning part of that game for FSU is they got their ass whipped on the LOS. GT has a good run game, so maybe that is excusable. Running for less than 100 yards vs a defense that finished 131st in rush defense last year is a very bad sign. If you are going to ask DJ to carry your offense, then "Welcome to the Pinstripe Bowl". 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

GT doesn't trust their QB. Eventually they are going to need King to make a play down the field, and he's not consistent enough to do it. They will go to a bowl, but they will hover around .500 for much of the season.

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

GT doesn't trust their QB. Eventually they are going to need King to make a play down the field, and he's not consistent enough to do it. They will go to a bowl, but they will hover around .500 for much of the season.

What? What Georgia Tech have you been watching? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

They are going 7-5

image.thumb.png.b58706bc72ac276ef30ce78c5d3a0226.png

The really scary thing for them is that there's only one true game that I'm 90+% sure they win in Charleston Southern. Castellanos almost beat them last year in BC and FSU now has jetlag and effectively a short week to prepare for them, Memphis is a popular g5 playoff pick because they were legit last year, if Maalik connects on a couple deep bombs is DJ U able to play catch up? There's no way I'm picking them to miss a bowl but things could get real dangerous quickly there. Maybe if they lose a game or two they're allowed to pull DJ at least and hope one of their younger guys is allowed to throw downfield. 

4 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Castellanos almost beat them last year in BC and FSU now has jetlag and effectively a short week to prepare for them

This will be interesting to watch next week.  Looking at ourlads, BC returns all 5 OL as well.  I didn't look at defense.  On the flip side, this guy is now the BC HC.

images.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This will be interesting to watch next week.  Looking at ourlads, BC returns all 5 OL as well.  I didn't look at defense.  On the flip side, this guy is now the BC HC.

images.jpeg

Fucking Chin Pussy. He’s going to wreck a perfectly good offense, isn’t he? 

I've been feeling pretty good about saying that FSU was headed for a downfall to like 8-4 all offseason. I attributed them falling back a ways due to DJU and a quietly brutal schedule. Then I click on here and you guys are putting them around .500 or less. Things happen fast. 

If they do have some kind of epic collapse, it wouldn't surprise me if that does put more than just Charles in play. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've been feeling pretty good about saying that FSU was headed for a downfall to like 8-4 all offseason. I attributed them falling back a ways due to DJU and a quietly brutal schedule. Then I click on here and you guys are putting them around .500 or less. Things happen fast. 

If they do have some kind of epic collapse, it wouldn't surprise me if that does put more than just Charles in play. 

That edge that was down to us and them? Or bigger?

https://www.on3.com/db/javion-hilson-156560/

Edited by BornAndRaised

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But they’ll be 7-1 first!

Schedule reads weird...right, then down left,  then right again etc....  BC is next game then a bye before Memphis St and Keith Lee, Baskerville Homes et al come to Tally.

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Schedule reads weird...right, then down left,  then right again etc....  BC is next game then a bye before Memphis St and Keith Lee, Baskerville Homes et al come to Tally.

Nevermind!

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Small font on phone is small
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Memphis State, wow, that's a throwback. They changed the name 20 years ago!

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Memphis State, wow, that's a throwback. They changed the name 20 years ago!

I know I know, i was pulling a Saban.  He called them Memphis St on gameday and X went nuts with all the olds giving him props

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, D3zii said:

I just want some traction with Devin Sanchez. 

Thats all . . . . Thats the post. . . .

He would certainly solve our CB need post Muhammad (if he isn't a headcase first...)

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wynn.  247 mod says we are still in communication with him and he may visit for a game.

I'm telling y'all, we're flipping Myron Charles for sure, and maybe Wynn. We'll have 3 HS D-line commits, and then hit the portal for 2 more to go along with January, Hills, Bledsoe, Bryant, and Mitchell if he's not dead. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

image.png.17b46aedab589d5939f9a7eca8afd433.png

Four in a row!

Seriously, dude, you should consider shutting the fuck up once in awhile. No one wants to wade through your inane diarrhea on every goddamn thread. Even on ignore you're a fucking beating.

Like, I legitimately hope the next frontier in NIL involves an extension to Surly posters, as in No Input aLlowed. You'd be in line for a fat stack of cash.

Who is that poster?  I don’t remember putting him on ignore so there must have been a name change.

• Hook 'Em 1

CJ-

Texas will be hosting 2025 Grayson (Ga.) DL Joseph Mbatchou for a visit Septmeber 14 for the UTSA game.

Mbatchou was offered by the Longhorns August 14 and quickly the two sides worked to get a visit set up. The 6–5 and 275-pound interior defensive lineman has been committed to Florida since July 31, though received an offer from Georgia this Monday evening.

The late riser was born in Cameroon and received his first offer from Florida the final week of July. His recruitment has plenty ways to go despite the commitment at the moment as his five offer mark is set to quadruple over the next few weeks.

Mbatchou also plays basketball.

https://www.on3.com/db/joseph-mbatchou-242734/

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

CJ-

Texas will be hosting 2025 Grayson (Ga.) DL Joseph Mbatchou for a visit Septmeber 14 for the UTSA game.

Mbatchou was offered by the Longhorns August 14 and quickly the two sides worked to get a visit set up. The 6–5 and 275-pound interior defensive lineman has been committed to Florida since July 31, though received an offer from Georgia this Monday evening.

The late riser was born in Cameroon and received his first offer from Florida the final week of July. His recruitment has plenty ways to go despite the commitment at the moment as his five offer mark is set to quadruple over the next few weeks.

Mbatchou also plays basketball.

https://www.on3.com/db/joseph-mbatchou-242734/

His HUDL highlights. Moves pretty well

https://www.hudl.com/profile/19373765/Joseph-Mbatchou

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

image.png.17b46aedab589d5939f9a7eca8afd433.png

Four in a row!

Seriously, dude, you should consider shutting the fuck up once in awhile. No one wants to wade through your inane diarrhea on every goddamn thread. Even on ignore you're a fucking beating.

Like, I legitimately hope the next frontier in NIL involves an extension to Surly posters, as in No Input aLlowed. You'd be in line for a fat stack of cash.

You seem mad 

It's just a message Board, dude. If this is affecting your life, you might want to seek a psychiatrist. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I remember exactly where I was the day it was announced that Tillman Holloway was going from DT to OL. It felt like the ground shook beneath my feet. 

Who doesn’t recall, albeit bathed with sepia-toned nostalgia, what they were doing the day Will Goodloe was moved to work on the OL?

What an amazing story. You should write a book about your nostalgia. 

5 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

What an amazing story. You should write a book about your nostalgia. 

"So there I was, plighted with some pedantic, voluminous, insipid, simpleton...." 

Edited by WinningIsHard
forgot one of his favorite words lol
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night.

So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

image.gif.b4df970c762e0bb1fa48554eb6f37977.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night.

So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

David Crosby is a dick.

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

giphy.webp

image.gif.fa81696e69a1629ac22289c6ff0ac561.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

If you have to piggyback off of someone’s early evaluations, Matt Rhule is a pretty good choice.

Still, 255lbs is far lighter than the other prospects we’ve been looking at.  Would be interested to see the DL board after all of these offers.

For consideration, T Sweat was listed 6'3" 250lbs as a high school senior. I trust our coaches evals.

https://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting/players/t’vondre-sweat.02837c19?ref=rankings_list

Edited by crash_davis

paper finish GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

For consideration, T Sweat was listed 6'3" 250lbs as a high school senior. I trust our coaches evals.

https://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting/players/t’vondre-sweat.02837c19?ref=rankings_list

Not saying you should not trust the overall staff's evals.   But sweat is irrelevant to this staff, and the new DL coach has almost no skins on the wall to make that statement.   He isn't Sark with QBs or Flood with OLine.   Hell, he isn't even gideon with safeties.

• Hook 'Em 1