Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

https://www.on3.com/db/malcolm-simpson-176167/

Would absolutely love to have him, but there's a lot of projection with Simpson. He's currently listed at 6'4, 245 and the assumption is that he gets big with college s&c when he stops playing basketball. If we do flip him, I'd hope for an additional inside DL without as much projection. Simpson may end up at SDE

They're saying he's up 30lbs from that number now. I don't remember if I heard that from OTF or from IT. Maybe from both. 

Edited by Chef Bezos

7 minutes ago, Rholl said:

Im sure its been discussed here multiple times but I see Jackson is 270 going into Sr yr of high school…..is he headed for a move inside???   or maybe even a passing situation DT?

Not likely. He's still insanely quick and athletic. A monster edge in every way.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not likely. He's still insanely quick and athletic. A monster edge in every way.

From people who go have seen him at camps he could play anywhere along the line, though he would need to add weight in the middle obviously.

Plus he knows how to hit a tackling dummy which is a plus .

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Rholl said:

Im sure its been discussed here multiple times but I see Jackson is 270 going into Sr yr of high school…..is he headed for a move inside???   or maybe even a passing situation DT?

Would you move Julius Peppers inside?

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Then you misremember. 

It was well known on this board and in the booster community that Marion was more interested in planning his next role than he was excelling in his current role. Maybe you were asleep. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

From people who go have seen him at camps he could play anywhere along the line, though he would need to add weight in the middle obviously.

Plus he knows how to hit a tackling dummy which is a plus .

lol. his bro turned out to be pretty good.  

22 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Would you move Julius Peppers inside?

Im not in charge of moving players….. but looking around it seems Peppers played his sr yr in high school at 225….. Jackson is gonna play at 270

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

Those Miami fans actually seem alright. Much less annoying/dumb/stupid than most. 

My thoughts exactly. I went in there expecting a ton of shit talking, but they were actually Level-headed. I guess I'm just so used to aggy, swamp aggy, sand aggy idiots that I forget sometimes there are fans out there that aren't fucking morons. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think it's Charles or one of the guys who have been in discussions. 

I'm with you. He mentioned Charles, and then mentioned the other guy he won't name, so you're correct that it's someone else. He has to be a top 100 player if he's being this secretive about it, imo. 

7 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

My thoughts exactly. I went in there expecting a ton of shit talking, but they were actually Level-headed. I guess I'm just so used to aggy, swamp aggy, sand aggy idiots that I forget sometimes there are fans out there that aren't fucking morons. 

Aww shit, spidey plantain, this post made me realize you probably frequent other team boards, and that’s how those posters are introduced to Texas fans. 

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Aww shit, spidey plantain, this post made me realize you probably frequent other team boards, and that’s how those posters are introduced to Texas fans. 

I only see what my fellow nerds bring over here and when I'm at a game. I could not take reading other boards being hysterical over losing a recruit, I get a full helping over here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

wasn’t there another recruit we were competing with florida for as well?  I feel like I remember a post about after florida and napier looking like shit that we’d get a flip from some kid.  or maybe it was the cameroonian. 

On 8/30/2024 at 10:32 AM, tokamak said:

I'd say we're officially done at QB, RB, TE, and IOL.

At OT, I'm hoping they stay on Fasusi and Rogers but we haven't seen much smoke there. They may be content. My guess is they'd take a WR that they feel can contribute if he falls into their lap, but they won't actively pursue anyone other than Moore.

Definitely at least 1 more DT, hopefully 2. Seems like they'd take another EDGE if it's the right guy (Hilson). They want Faraimo but the question is do they pursue another LB if he pick Notre Dame. Maybe the other California guy if USC implodes?

DB is a fucking mess and I have no idea. We've all been pearl clutching about DT, but I think DB is actually a bigger problem right now. Especially if Williams is a LB long term.

And Terry, who supposedly will start at WR but I kinda don't buy that long term.

• 2 DT
  • 1 EDGE
  • 3 DB
  • Terry

That puts us at 26. Add Faraimo, Moore, or an OT if one of them wants to come. Subtract a DB if they just say fuck it we'll use the portal.

We should absolutely cut bait on Moore. 

4 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Miami boat racing Florida in Gainesville and doing the Gator chomp taunting the fans will not help Napier’s employment. Anyone we can target there? 

I don’t care much about their recruits, but they have a few current players on defense that would be intriguing.