Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

28 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Buddy went for super early breakfast at Waffle House before RRS somewhere in north Dallas along DART rail line.

Asked the server what her best Waffle House story was (which in hindsight is kind of shitty thing to ask an employee)

And she said "Well, I'm just finishing up my first shift so I'm not the best person to ask." Then she gave it a beat and recalls "Oh, there was an orgy in the bathroom last night that we had to break up"

IMG_0064.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Waffle House sucks

2 hours ago, Noozak said:

Then you aren't drunk enough when you go

There are few things in life better than a stack of pecan waffles accompanied  by two eggs, up, with bacon and hash browns at two A.M. when you're not quite too drunk to stand up without holding onto the back of a chair.

49 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Buddy went for super early breakfast at Waffle House before RRS somewhere in north Dallas along DART rail line.

Asked the server what her best Waffle House story was (which in hindsight is kind of shitty thing to ask an employee)

And she said "Well, I'm just finishing up my first shift so I'm not the best person to ask." Then she gave it a beat and recalls "Oh, there was an orgy in the bathroom last night that we had to break up"

When I was a kid, my family had Denny's at 6AM in Orlando (dad wanted to beat the Disney World rush). The only other customer in there was ADAMANT that the sesame seeds on his toast were boogers. I'm not sure how he thought that over a dozen boogers made it past quality control onto a single slice of toast.

• Haha 5

Back in the day I was a waiter at Sambos in Austin, which changed its name to Seasons in order to be, you know, way less racist. We scoffed at Waffle House, in terms of being wheels off. Sambos was a spectacular train wreck in a class of its own. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

IMG_9891.gif

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Did I miss where waffle house became  a big NIL donor for Texas football? 

Thanks for stopping in mr.wafflehouse. if you're interested in getting involved I'm sure CDC would love to hear how much money you can pony up by putting your logo on the field.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You think baby boomers qualify as middle aged? I think the youngest boomer is 55 or so. The median has to be like 65ish. 

1964 is the last boomer year.   So 59 is the youngest boomer.   I know this because I'm turning 60.  Wait till Mrs Auditor finds out I’m officially not middle aged.  

Also Fuck Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

image.png.f13fdd6a922f2c36460feb471c11fe21.png

Youngest boomers are ~60 (1946-1964).  Average boomers are ~70.  Original quote was "you just described the entire baby boomer generation" when in reality it's describing maybe about 25% of the current baby boomers.

Now with that, I'm sure we're all done with the pedantry and we can resume the Texas recruiting talk.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Youngest boomers are ~60 (1946-1964).  Average boomers are ~70.  Original quote was "you just described the entire baby boomer generation" when in reality it's describing maybe about 25% of the current baby boomers.

Now with that, I'm sure we're all done with the pedantry and we can resume the Texas recruiting talk.

Well, I'm Gen X, and I am defiantly not middle aged.  That has to be my elders, the boomers.  I don't care if it's true or not.

• Like 3

Back in the day I was a waiter at Sambos in Austin, which changed its name to Seasons in order to be, you know, way less racist. We scoffed at Waffle House, in terms of being wheels off. Sambos was a spectacular train wreck in a class of its own. 
In the day, family always finished our trips back from Houston at the Sambos on Anderson. How that place existed - I have no idea - but I loved the cartoonish/late night breakfast experience.

9 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

In the day, family always finished our trips back from Houston at the Sambos on Anderson. How that place existed - I have no idea - but I loved the cartoonish/late night breakfast experience.

That’s the one I worked at. And where I met all the Yellow Rose dancers working the night shift. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That’s the one I worked at. And where I met all the Yellow Rose dancers working the night shift. 

I spent many weekends getting shitfaced and spending $2 bills stuffing them down their panties before they bent over and shoved my face into their beaver with my nose in their ass. Each time I wondered what I would happen if I shoved my tongue in that beaver while they were doing it, but I chose not to  in case her boyfriend working the door carried herpes or chlamydia. I did get a number from a hottie, tho. 

Great bang. 10/10 would do it again. 

40 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

FFS people, the season has actually started and we're still talking about off-season dumbshit.

Sir, it has nothing to do with in-season/off-season and everything to do with something to bitch about. We looked really fucking good, and Florida State shit the bed, so DT recruiting is trending up. I imagine we’ll be relatively on topic as soon as Michigan picks up a first down. Hard for the group to stay focused when they can’t be Surly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I spent many weekends getting shitfaced and spending $2 bills stuffing them down their panties before they bent over and shoved my face into their beaver with my nose in their ass. Each time I wondered what I would happen if I shoved my tongue in that beaver while they were doing it, but I chose not to  in case her boyfriend working the door carried herpes or chlamydia. I did get a number from a hottie, tho. 

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

c4550740-f278-402c-9197-cced488c57d3_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1