Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Every time this board starts talking about Gen X / boomer shit:

birthday-old.gif

And you know I'm not exactly young since I used a gif for that

Wait, are you telling me only old people use gifs?

10 hours ago, Deej said:

Screenshot_20240905_213521_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Slight correction about middle age, but you should know that Immamac just turned 32. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

247 Update on Michael Terry

Update on a five-star recruiting battle

Michael Terry III is headed to Nebraska this weekend for the Huskers' game against Colorado. He's scheduled to visit Texas on Oct. 19 for the Georgia game.

There continues to be little to no news on the recruitment of Alamo Heights five-star athlete Michael Terry III.

The nation's No. 1-ranked athlete according to 247Sports will visit Nebraska this weekend to see the Huskers host the Colorado Buffaloes. The trip has been locked in for Terry since he saw Nebraska at the end of July on an unofficial visit.

Outside of going to Lincoln for this weekend's game, Terry doesn't have any other visits on his schedule other than making the drive from the greater San Antonio area to the Forty Acres for the Georgia game on Oct. 19. However, sources have indicated that Oregon will make a serious push to get Terry to Eugene the week before when the Ducks welcome Ohio State to Autzen Stadium on Oct. 12.

At press time, nothing is set in stone regarding Terry and his family making the trip.

Furthermore, there isn't anything to update as far as a timeline for a decision goes and Terry hasn't set a commitment date.

However, a source I spoke with on Wednesday said they could see a commitment happening in either September or October rather than November or December.

The source I spoke with continues to lean toward the Longhorns' chances over Nebraska and Oregon. They believe if Terry makes it to campus for the Georgia game and Texas wins, the chances of Terry committing before the end of October would increase.

No matter the currently scheduled visits or the absence of a definitive decision timeline, we continue to like the Longhorns' chances of winning out for Terry's services when the dust settles. — JORDAN SCRUGGS

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

They believe if <athlete name> makes it to campus for the Georgia game and Texas wins, the chances of <athlete name> committing before the end of October would increase

We're going to see a carbon copy version of this written so many more times between now and 10/19

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

This is so off topic but...

Suck it, Gen X

Build more houses! Skyrocketing housing values are as big a part of the perception problem as anything.

Spoiler

Capture2.thumb.png.ba4374c4ae8ad2ec5c7ba2893cafaf14.png

In more on-topic news:

Pete Nakos: Texas five-star WR commit Jaime Ffrench signs NIL representation

Five-star wide receiver Jaime Ffrench committed to Texas last Friday. The nation’s No. 3 wide receiver in the 2025 class according to the On3 Industry Ranking is now ready to start building his NIL brand. He’s signed with Rosenhaus Sports (RSR) for NIL representation. Established back in 1988 by Drew Rosenhaus, the agency is one of the leaders in NFL representation.

Since 2004, RSR has negotiated over 1,100 contracts worth more than $8 Billion Dollars. Its list of NFL clients includes Tyreek Hill, Aaron Jones and Chris Olave. Rosenhaus has ramped up its activity in the name, image and likeness space in the last 30 months, too. RSR has seven staffers solely focused on finding NIL opportunities for athletes. The NIL division includes Wisconsin’s Tyler Van Dyke and Ohio State’s Carnell Tate.

“I believe in NIL. I think it’s great for everyone involved,” Drew Rosenhaus recently told On3’s Phillip Dukes. “But I do think that there needs to be structure, that all colleges in major conferences should operate with a salary cap like we have in professional sports. And I think structure would be great to give everybody a fair shot at being competitive, and we’re not just seeing the collectives with the deep pockets dominate recruiting.”

The 6-foot-1, 184-pound receiver hauled in 62 passes for 1,247 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior at Jacksonville’s Mandarin High School. Ffrench picked the Longhorns over LSU and Miami. He’s the latest pick up for a Texas class that ranks No. 6 in the On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings for the 2025 cycle.

Jaime Ffrench’s On3 NIL Valuation

The Florida High School Athletic Association passed sweeping bylaw changes to allow NIL in July. A star with the 7-on-7 program South Florida Express, he starred in advertisements for American Eagle. Ffrench holds an On3 NIL Valuation of $464,000 which is in the top 25 of college football. He also has nearly 25,000 social media followers.

“You want to get taken care of anywhere you go, that’s just a big thing in college football now,” Ffrench told On3 over the summer. “So you want to make sure that’s a piece of it but also want to be sure you take care of the on-field stuff.”

The On3 NIL Valuation is calculated by combining Roster Value and personal NIL. Roster value is the value an athlete has by being a member of his or her team at his or her school, which factors into the role of NIL collectives. NIL in an athlete’s name, image and likeness and the value it could bring to regional and national brands outside of the scope of NIL collectives.

Edited by satyanash

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Mathis has been Fong'd to LSU.

Those picks (from the LSU mods and then Fong) appear to be from early-mid August, before Texas and other teams began emerging and applying pressure, and his recent quotes seem to show he is open to taking visits in the fall.  LSU, fwiw, has already used their OV. 

https://www.on3.com/db/walter-mathis-jr-158154/

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

FSU 247 had an article on players FSU will need to work (on) the hardest, to keep in their '25 class.  Here are the portions relevant to Texas:

4-star DL Myron Charles

When checking in with sources this week, Myron Charles is the recruitment that many are watching following FSU's disappointing start. He spurned Texas in June when he picked Florida State over the Longhorns -- who presented a more lucrative NIL package at the time. Texas never went away and they're expecting a special season -- giving them plenty of reason to think they can flip Charles from the 'Noles. I haven't heard of any imminent flip happening but if I had to rank FSU's commits in order of most likely to flip, he'd be at the top of the list right now.

4-star Edge Javion Hilson

Like in Thomas' case, Javion Hilson is a high-ranking prospect at a premium position -- so you know other teams will be active in working to flip him. The four-star edge rusher out of Cocoa (Fla.) had programs like Texas and Alabama heavily involved in his process over the summer. Could those teams come back and work to change his mind again? That's certainly possible. I haven't heard of anything significant going down with Hilson as of late but he'll be one worth monitoring as the cycle progresses.

(One where we aren't mentioned ... )

4-star DL Kevin Wynn

Anytime you beat Georgia for a player they want in their own state, you better bet that they're not going away until pen meets paper in December. That's definitely the case for four-star defensive tackle Kevin Wynn -- who FSU beat Georgia, South Carolina and others for over the summer. Wynn is saying all of the right things about his pledge to the 'Noles right now but if this season continues to trend in a negative direction for FSU, Wynn's commitment status could be up in the air. UGA will make it tough for the 'Noles to hold on in the end -- if they're still actively pursuing him.

• Hook 'Em 9

32 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

IMG_8905.gif.04860dc25b73bd85377f1a26ae66c33b.gifthis epitomizes Gen X. 

The font size of "diet and exercise" makes me laugh. It's like "aggies" below the much larger "Texas" on aggy baseball jerseys. 

"Maybe nobody will notice."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

what's the governor of Arkansas doing in a pharma ad?

Whatever your political persuasion, this is the worst, laziest, least funny possible type of joke to make.

”I generally vote republican and see a fat Black woman. I’ll ask out loud if she’s Stacey Abrams. That will crush.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Dangle said:

Whatever your political persuasion, this is the worst, laziest, least funny possible type of joke to make.

”I generally vote republican and see a fat Black woman. I’ll ask out loud if she’s Stacey Abrams. That will crush.”

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Dangle said:

sanders.jpg.806d5e252bcb6caf6153bab48447cdd0.jpg

Seems spot on to me.

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Dangle said:

ok fatty

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seems like we have enough lines in the water at DL right now to feel pretty confident we will end up in a good spot. If those spots get filled, you are 1 more LB and 1 more CB away from hitting on all the need areas in the class outside of maybe an elite OT.

It was an interesting and bumpier-than-expected ride to get to this point but this class has come together nicely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Dangle said:

Fat jokes are funny. Lazy partisan hackery is just that.

jamegumb.gif.a98f1ceb2ee9bb1640ad4077dce603b2.gif

Making fun of a fat girl is misogyny, or fat-shaming at best.

Getting your panties in a wad over somebody just because they represent your political party makes you the partisan douchebag. See the thousands of posts making fun of Corinne "Corch Urban Meyer" Brown for help distinguishing between the two.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Seems like we have enough lines in the water at DL right now to feel pretty confident we will end up in a good spot. If those spots get filled, you are 1 more LB and 1 more CB away from hitting on all the need areas in the class outside of maybe an elite OT.

It was an interesting and bumpier-than-expected ride to get to this point but this class has come together nicely. 

iDMzF7YAMNINM35c7c.webp

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Wasn't a partisan joke as I literally think that looks like her. But concern is noted. Lets move on.

Fair enough. Agreed.

14 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Getting your panties in a wad over somebody just because they represent your political party makes you the partisan douchebag. See the thousands of posts making fun of Corinne "Corch Urban Meyer" Brown for help distinguishing between the two.

I don’t have a problem with misogyny or fat-shaming or anything else that people shouldn’t be up to. My panties do get irrationally bunched when I see what I think is mostly political in one of the few politics-free places left. I couldn’t care less who the target is.

Anyway, I for one feel great about the chances of Myron Charles flipping.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Can I fat-shame, since I was fat? 

IMG_6283.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Can we please get back on fucking track.  Jesus Christ. 

is middle age still 50 and above or no?

For whatever reason it shifts consistently with the shaggy/surly average,  so it's probably about 65 now.

Edited by Bevo14