Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

11 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 9/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, SydneyCarton said:
You think baby boomers qualify as middle aged? I think the youngest boomer is 55 or so. The median has to be like 65ish. 

Youngest boomer is 60 these days

59, imo. 

What other team’s collapse is likely to bring good recruiting news?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m just here to laugh and point at all the whiny know nothing pussies who can’t stop complaining about Texas NIL and almost bleed out of their gashes over DT recruiting. 

Everyone.gif 

it’s not them collapsing. It’s us prolapsing. 

I feel like it’s a combination, but maybe he’d have flipped with FSU at 2-0.

I’m just here to laugh and point at all the whiny know nothing pussies who can’t stop complaining about Texas NIL and almost bleed out of their gashes over DT recruiting. 
Everyone.gif 
it’s not them collapsing. It’s us prolapsing. 

Love it. Now, let’s do CBs.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Did Charles call Sark and flip after the game?

I was wondering the same. I'm sure the 9,95ers will make it known soon if that was the case. Althought LHF just posted a screenshot from the FSU board. one of their mods said they've reached out to Charles the past 2 days for comment and never got a response. Maybe he had already set up his flip.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve read a little lately on that FSU 247 site. It is grim yet delightful reading. They are collectively in a very dark place right now. 

I thought maybe Novell was actually turning it around last year but looking to this year, I think he just got lucky.

Recruits react to Texas over Michigan: 'Coach Sark can't be stopped'

No. 3 Texas (2-0, 0-0) could do no wrong on Saturday in a 31-13 beatdown of No. 10 Michigan (1-1, 0-0) in the Big House. Recruits took notice of what's another major non-conference win (on the road, no less) for Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns.

Horns247 checked in with Texas commits and targets to get their thoughts on UT's big win. 

Of note, the biggest reaction came from four-star defensive lineman Myron Charles, as the Port Charlotte (Fla.) product flipped his commitment from Florida State to Texas, something we've been reporting on Horns247 as likely to happen in recent weeks. 

Texas commits: 

Saraland (Ala.) four-star quarterback KJ Lacey - "They played a really good game all around. Michigan couldn't stop that offense. Also had some really big stops/turnovers that put the game out of reach for Michigan. Feeling really good about the season this year."

Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin five-star wide receiver Jaime Ffrench - "I really love the way the offense came out explosive and the way they were able to hold its course in Ann Arbor!  Really excited where they're headed!" 

Shreveport (La.) Calvary Baptist four-star running back James Simon - "Coach Sark can't be stopped. Best offense in the country. We not done at all. All gas no brakes." 

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage 2026 five-star quarterback Dia Bell - "It was great to see the Longhorns send a message to college football on the road against Michigan! Obviously I love what they do offensively, but they really dominated both sides of the ball. Texas is where it's at! #HookEm" 

Sachse (Texas) five-star wide receiver Kaliq Lockett - "Nothing left to say. We back." 

Galveston (Texas) Ball five-star safety Jonah Williams - "Great overall win. Texas is heading in the right direction for sure."

Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek 2026 four-star wide receiver Chris Stewart - "BIG win! I expected them to win. I love how the offense moved the ball all game and kept the pressure on the defense. Play calling was on point." 

2025: 

Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton three-star defensive lineman and Arkansas commit Caleb Bell - "It was cool to see Texas win such a big game against Michigan."

2026:

Forney Top247 running back Javian Osborne - "Texas showed their dominance and had a good offensive game going in."

Frisco Panther Creek Top247 athlete Jalen Lott - "Not surprised. Texas is a National contender."

Douglasville (Ga.) Douglas County Top247 wide receiver Aaron Gregory - "The outcome was as expected. My prediction was right lol can't wait to visit Austin soon."

Bellflower (Calif.) St John Bosco three-star wide receiver Madden Williams - "I knew that they were going to win coach Jackson sent me a video right before the game to wish me luck on my game this week but he was saying how they were ready for this game and that they prepared for this and that big time players make big time plays. I was not surprised at all at the outcome."

Saint George (Utah) Pine View five-star Brock Harris - "I was pretty close on my prediction lol. Best part was the TE play on both sides. I was really happy to see Texas use Gunnar so much."

Littleton (Colo.) Top247 tight end  Camden Jensen - "It's awesome."

Washington Court House (Ohio) Miami Trace three-star offensive tackle Adam Guthrie - "TTUN couldn't hang with the Longhorns!!"

Melissa offensive tackle Max Wright - Texas doing what Texas does proud to be in a state where we're represented so well by our football teams."

Prosper Top247 offensive lineman Zaden Krempin - "I knew it would be tough for the Wolverines. Texas has too many weapons. And their O-line is a bunch of dawgs."

Midlothian offensive lineman Noah Best - "It was a really good game Texas is gonna be really good this year."

San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius College Preparatory three-star defensive lineman Manoah Faupusa - "Great win today! I expected nothing less though. Everyone balled out today!"

Temple five-star EDGE Jamarion Carlton - "It's crazy not gonna lie. They went down there on a mission."

Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne three-star linebacker Kenneth Goodwin - "I had it as a close game 16-10. But I was at the game and after the first drive I had Texas winning by at least 2 TDs"

Port Arthur Memorial three-star cornerback Brock King - "I already knew that was coming."

Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman five-star safety Jett Washington - "I think that it's unexpected because I thought it was going to be a close game but that shows a lot about Texas this year."

Fort Bend Marshall safety Isaiah Williams - "Another good work week they looked even better than last week."

2027:

Huntington Beach (Calif.) five-star quarterback Brady Edmunds - "Big time. All around legit team against the national champs."

Jackson (Ala.) five-star running back Ezavjer Crowell - "They played great football today."

Richmond Randle five-star running back Landen Williams-Callis - "I knew Texas was good but they turnt up today"

Crowley wide receiver Antayvious Ellis - "Crazy! Didn't expect that lol"

Duncanville wide receiver Trenton Yancey - "I (score prediction) was pretty close lol. Impressive win / explosive offense! Texas looked dominant!"

Dallas South Oak Cliff Top247 offensive tackle Brian Swanson - "I just got done talking about that it was really shocking that Texas was competing with Michigan and shut them down."

Denton Guyer defensive line Khyren Haywood - "I wasn't expecting them to beat the national championship team like that. They surprised me Texas is a top national championship team contender this year. But they did really good!!"

Waxahachie Top247 safety JayQuan Snell - "Texas beating Michigan by double digits on the road is impressive especially given the difficulty of winning away from home in college sports. Texas is showing they can perform in high-pressure environments, and it also speaks to the depth and strength of their team. For Michigan, losing by such a margin at home could raise concerns about their ability to defend their court and compete against top-tier teams."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Where are they on the scale...

Would you say Charlie Strong can't kick an extra point against OSU

Or flying our admin to Tulsa to hire an OC

Or possibly Maryland Tom Herman....

Charlie Strong can’t navigate the coin toss and kicks off twice sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

What's the preference to finish out the DL class?

Gerry mentioned liking Wynn and Mbatchou as his preference.

The Arkansas DL commit who's dad played in the NFL seems like he could be flipped if we push.

Texags mentioned we are still in heavy contact with Sims.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What's the preference to finish out the DL class?

Gerry mentioned liking Wynn and Mbatchou as his preference.

The Arkansas DL commit who's dad played in the NFL seems like he could be flipped if we push.

Texags mentioned we are still in heavy contact with Sims.

Sims and Wynn for me.