Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Honestly using chat got to respond to reporters be hilarious 

Texas’s win over Michigan today was nothing short of impressive! The Longhorns showed incredible resilience and skill, dominating the game from start to finish. Their offense was sharp, the defense held strong, and every player stepped up when it mattered most. Michigan is a tough opponent, but Texas made it look easy with their seamless execution and relentless drive. This victory not only highlights their talent but also sets a high standard for the rest of the season. I’m genuinely impressed by their performance!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

JayQuan Snell is either extremely well spoken or he’s using ChatGPT to respond to recruiting reporters, which I respect probably even more.

Definitely ChatGPT. Commas present and in the correct places. Not to mention the use of "court" instead of "field" or "stadium."

Smart kid haha.

Stan Marsh Ai GIF by South Park

Edited by MuellerHorn

10 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

Texas’s win over Michigan today was nothing short of impressive! The Longhorns showed incredible resilience and skill, dominating the game from start to finish. Their offense was sharp, the defense held strong, and every player stepped up when it mattered most. Michigan is a tough opponent, but Texas made it look easy with their seamless execution and relentless drive. This victory not only highlights their talent but also sets a high standard for the rest of the season. I’m genuinely impressed by their performance!

Did you use Chat GPT to write that?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ousux said:
On 9/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, SydneyCarton said:
You think baby boomers qualify as middle aged? I think the youngest boomer is 55 or so. The median has to be like 65ish. 

Youngest boomer is 60 these days

You're only as old as the woman you feel. 

10 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Our new conference seems ... not so great.  Every bit as top heavy as we rationalized it was when we were in the big12.  

But with the media on their knees for us instead of saying wins against K-State don't really count.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Boise St up 20-14 over Oregon in Eugene at halftime. Dillon Gabriel has been sacked four times.

Josiah Sharma did the right thing and there is still time for Dorian Brew to do the same.

I've been watching this. I have Oregon on upset alert. They were justified to be ranked ahead of us, obviously. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Took a brief break from emptying kegs in Ann Arbor only to find out that Kenny Baker can in fact recruit. We are embarking on a decade long dynasty, at minimum. 

I always thought some of the criticism of Baker was odd because these big time DT recruitments often come down to a lot of factor$ outside the control of the position coach.

But I do credit Baker with the relationship building part and helping get some of these OOS DT’s to campus for visits. Oftentimes that is half the battle and his job should hopefully get easier as he gets skins on the wall and has a good product on the field to sell.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

But with the media on their knees for us instead of saying wins against K-State don't really count.
TSRH ^^

Perception matters, and (right or wrong) beating a middling SEC team carries more weight vs the same in the Big12.

48 minutes ago, Teryor said:

What? Posting scores? The design? They seem fine. Guy has built up a decent little reputation for his edits. They were painfully overwrought early on but he’s learning to tone things down a little bit. Once he stopped HDRing everyone to look like lepers, the edits got more tolerable.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I swear Sark called off the Dogs after scoring 31. Not by subbing, or telling guys to give less than 100% effort. But he went conservative and ran clock. If he would have kept his foot on the gas it would have been an embarrassment for Michigan. 

The score really wasn’t as bad as it could have been. 

CHIEF

He very obviously did. We realized we were playing a shitass team and didn’t need to show more than we already had to the likes of Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, DeadSalamander said:

Our new conference seems ... not so great.  Every bit as top heavy as we rationalized it was when we were in the big12.  

They're dogshit and fuck everybody that chanted secsecsec at the game.

• Hook 'Em 8

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I shouted violently at everyone in our area when that shit started, as did a few others. Died down quickly but it was fucking pathetic. 

I'm glad our 2%ers are the idiots and not the enlightened. 

• Like 1

Was curious about the records of the 2 programs since Mack’s last year. FYI.  

Texas/A&M

2014 6-7/8-5  A&M

2015  5-7/8-5 A&M

2016  5-7/8-5 a&m

2017 7-6/ 7-6 —-

2018 10-4/ 9-4 Texas

2019  8-5/8-5  —-

2020  7-3/9-1  a&m

2021   5-7/8-4 a&m

2022  8-5/ 5-7 Texas

2023. 12-2/ 7-6 Texas

2024 ?

Texas has a Big 12 championship and title game appearance. A&M has never even won the SEC West and I think only tied for 2nd once? Otherwise third and below every year  

They definitely had a slight edge 10 years ago and have flushed that advantage, despite Texas stepping on their own dicks with Patterson, Strong, and Herman. It is an impressive display by Aggie of incredible mismanagement.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I didn't hear it and am going to choose to believe it didn't happen

yeah i didn't hear that either.. but there was some yelling back in forth with some younger Horns fans/students singing the goodbye chant/ and Who's house? in the middle of the 4th quarter

40 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Was curious about the records of the 2 programs since Mack’s last year. FYI.  

Texas/A&M

2014 6-7/8-5  A&M

2015  5-7/8-5 A&M

2016  5-7/8-5 a&m

2017 7-6/ 7-6 —-

2018 10-4/ 9-4 Texas

2019  8-5/8-5  —-

2020  7-3/9-1  a&m

2021   5-7/8-4 a&m

2022  8-5/ 5-7 Texas

2023. 12-2/ 7-6 Texas

2024 ?

Texas has a Big 12 championship and title game appearance. A&M has never even won the SEC West and I think only tied for 2nd once? Otherwise third and below every year  

They definitely had a slight edge 10 years ago and have flushed that advantage, despite Texas stepping on their own dicks with Patterson, Strong, and Herman. It is an impressive display by Aggie of incredible mismanagement.

"Texas has never won the SEC West either sip" some ag somewhere

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I always thought some of the criticism of Baker was odd because these big time DT recruitments often come down to a lot of factor$ outside the control of the position coach.

Literally every piece of criticism for the hire was valid, across the board.

Recruits didn't know who he was, no history to point to of any kind, no history of recruiting success, no (real) history of player dev (sorry recruits dgaf about WKU guys), very limited nfl experience as a player or coach, unknown to basically anyone who covers cfb

All of it can and will be overcome - but expected it to take more time...

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Apparently this kid is starting to pick up offers but only just started playing. Tobi Haastrup. Track guy but 6'4", 225 pounds. First varsity game had 7 tackles and 5 sacks.

Yep, LSU and others just recently offered.  Not sure if we'll pursue with two EDGE commits already in the fold.

• Like 1