Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Or just do what Arch did when he committed.

Very few kids already have the name recognition/following that a Manning has.  At this point its not just that Hayes Fawcett does the best edits (he clearly doesn't) its that when he posts them he is posting them to an account with 200k+ followers and under the On3 banner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Very few kids already have the name recognition/following that a Manning has.  At this point its not just that Hayes Fawcett does the best edits (he clearly doesn't) its that when he posts them he is posting them to an account with 200k+ followers and under the On3 banner.

Yup, he's basically cornered the market on it. It's not that it goes to just his 200k followers it's all the on3, national reporters, etc that also RT the edit giving it views to millions.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Curious to which recruiting service you guys like to use to look up players by high school and if there are any offers. 

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://247sports.com/season/2025-football/recruits/

Click on the 'Recruitment Filters' under the search box in the middle of the screen.  This will bring up a form that allows you to enter/search by high school name.  You can only look at one recruiting class at a time though - you'll need to change the year in the drop down above the search box. 

31 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

247 is still the best at that as far as I can tell, but I prefer On3 for actual recruit rankings/news. Can’t wait til they get all the extra bells and whistles like 247 

So On3 is actually easier to use for this, but I think their database is weaker.

On any individual players page, you can just click on their listed high school in their profile and it will take you to the HS schedule, you can then click on the roster tab to find current players with FBS interest, or an alumni tab to find players from there who signed in past years. 

The problem is though, I think On3 is more likely to be missing some lower ranked players with offers than 247. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Gerry Hamilton

Texas Best Class Scenario September 10: Top 3 Class Loading? 

The Texas Longhorns sit at 20 commitments and have vaulted into the top 5 with the flip of Myron Charles from Florida State. 

In the latest Best Class Scenario, OnTexasFootball lists 30 prospects with defensive line, defensive back, wide receiver and linebacker in the balance. Names will be added to the DB list soon. 

Quarterback (1)

K.J. Lacey, QB, Saraland (Ala.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star

Running back (2)

James Simon, RB, Shreveport (La.) Calvary Baptist #AllGasNoBrakes

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill #AllGasNoBrakes

Wide receiver (3-4)

Jaime Ffrench, WR, Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++

Kaliq Lockett, WR, Sachse (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High *Texas A&M commit - or - Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy *FSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star

Tight end (2)

Nick Townsend, TE, Dekaney (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (Ga.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 3-star+

Offensive line (5-6)

Nick Brooks, OT, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+

John Mills, IOL, San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius #AllGasNoBrakes

Jackson Christian, IOL, Port Neches (Texas) Port Neches-Groves #AllGasNoBrakes

Jordan Coleman, OT/IOL, Cedar Hill (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Devin Coleman, IOL/C, Cedar Hill (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Defensive line (4-5)

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Myron Charles, DL, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson 
Visit note: Making first visit to Texas this weekend. 

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County *FSU commit -or- Walter Mathis, DL, Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day *LSU commit
Visit note: A visit to Texas this season is probable for both, as of Monday.

Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle *Texas A&M commit - or- Floyd Guidry, DL, Spring (Texas) High *TCU commit
Visit note: Sims will likely OV to Texas during the season with Mississippi State weekend most likely, as of Monday. Guidry could take in a Texas game this month too. 

EDGE (2-3)

Lance Jackson, EDGE, Texarkana (Texas) Pleasant Grove #AllGasNoBrakes

Smith Orogbo, EDGE, Alief (Texas) Hastings #AllGasNoBrakes

Javion Hilson, EDGE, Cocoa (Fla.) High
Note: Expected to visit for the Mississippi State game.

Linebacker (2-3)

Elijah Barnes, LB, Dallas (Texas) Skyline #AllGasNoBrakes
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4–star++

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) J Serra Catholic
The decision: TBD
The battle: Notre Dame, Texas and USC battling it out.

Jonathan Cunningham, LB, Fort Worth (Texas) North Crowley #AllGasNoBrakes

Defensive back (4)

Jonah Williams, S, Galveston (Texas) Ball #AllGasNoBrakes

Caleb Chester, CB, Missouri City (Texas) Marshall #AllGasNoBrakes

Athlete (1)

Michael Terry II, ATH, San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
The battle:Texas battling Nebraska, and Oregon.

The OTF prospect ranking system used for this story (rankings will be updated at the mid-way point of the 2024 season):

5-star - obvious 

4-star++ - top 75 level prospect in the country

4-star+ - top 150 level prospect in the country 

4-star - top 150 to 375'ish level prospect in the country 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

By CJ Vogel

A brief update on 5-star ATH Michael Terry III after a conversation earlier this week.

Following my trip to Alamo Heights a few weeks ago, it was clear the teams to beat in this race were Oregon, Nebraska and Texas.

Right now, I believe that list has trimmed a bit to Nebraska and Texas with Oregon looming from behind just a bit. The distance to the pacific northwest is just a bit much.

Also, on the side of Nebraska, I am told the early play of Dylan Raiola has been encouraging there. Of course, Matt Rhule has been the main contact as well, so the Cornhuskers are throwing the kitchen sink at Terry.

Texas is very much in this one and in my eyes the team with the best pitch for Terry. I expect a decision date to come soon with an actual decision later in the season.

The term "throwing the kitchen sink" about a school recruiting a Texas target should be interpreted as something beyond what is being said by the $9.95ers. Nebraska has made a strong NIL push for Terry.

Where are you going to get developed better for the future these days, Nebraska under Rhule or Texas under Steve Sarkisian. Talking about WR and potentially/probably Flex TE. That is a factor to weigh when also considering some gap (currently) in the NIL pitch.

Accordingly, I'd lightly pencil Terry into the Texas class, but nothing more. I'm by no means saying that you should be bearish here, either. Just saying this recruitment is still really processing. 

• Hook 'Em 8

49 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

At this point its not just that Hayes Fawcett does the best edits (he clearly doesn't)

He doesn't?  Really?

A guy on this board ... FexiTornia? ... never tires of waxing rhapsodic about Fawcett's edits, and would suggest otherwise!

Parks and Recreation gif. Nick Offerman as Ron Swanson laughing and raising an eyebrow.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can hardly work in MS Paint.  But, my wife is a professional graphic editor.

I showed her some of the commitment edits Fawcett does, and she LOL'd over them.  Said it couldn't take 10 minutes to work one up better than his best work.

Considering that she still has no idea in the difference b/t OL and DL, I doubt she's interested in stealing his business model.  Plus, her Instagram page has about 10 connections, so ON3 may not be dropping bags of $ at our door....

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

I showed her some of the commitment edits Fawcett does, and she LOL'd over them.  Said it couldn't take 10 minutes to work one up better than his best work.

Considering that she still has no idea in the difference b/t OL and DL, I doubt she's interested in stealing his business model.  Plus, her Instagram page has about 10 connections, so ON3 may not be dropping bags of $ at our door....

Put that woman to work, start sending edits to recruits unsolicited. It won't take long. Also, make sure you spill all the beans on this board. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Streets, on Michael Terry III

NEBRASKA HUSKERS

"Some near the recruitment feel that the Huskers have moved into a top position, even with Texas in the recruitment."

OREGON DUCKS

"Sources we spoke with indicated that Oregon is slipping a bit in the recruitment, but the Ducks are slated to get Terry back to Eugene for a game visit this fall."

TEXAS LONGHORNS

"Most sources feel that Texas will eventually be the pick for Terry, but it's not a done deal for the Longhorns ..."

"Terry is planning to get back to Austin for a game this fall, ..."

"Texas is the behind-the-scenes favorite at the moment, but this recruitment still has a few months to go before someone closes the deal."

FULL ARTICLE

War Daddy Recruit: Analyzing five-star Michael Terry III's contenders as top athlete mulls December commitment
247Sports takes a closer look at five-star athlete Michael Terry III, the No. 1 athlete in college football's 2025 recruiting class.
Mike Roach

Spoiler

War Daddy Recruit: Analyzing five-star Michael Terry III's contenders as top athlete mulls December commitment
247Sports takes a closer look at five-star athlete Michael Terry III, the No. 1 athlete in college football's 2025 recruiting class.
Mike Roach

Six players in Texas remain uncommitted in the 2025 class, and five-star athlete Michael Terry III leads the way as the highest-ranked prospect. An impressive physical specimen from San Antonio Alamo Heights, Terry is a dynamic player who could fit at multiple spots in college.

Terry does it all for his high school, lining up at receiver, running back, quarterback and on defense. The 6-foot-3, 217-pounder is nation's No. 20 overall prospect, No. 1 athlete and No. 7 Texan.

Three schools stand out for Terry as he enters the last few months of his recruitment, and he's whittled his choices down from his 22 offers. Over the summer, Terry took official visits to Nebraska, Oregon, Texas and Texas A&M.

After originally planning to make a commitment in the summer, Terry pushed his announcement back with an eye on December for the conclusion of his recruitment.

Terry rose to elite status following a strong junior season and cemented himself as one of the more coveted players in the country. He and his family are looking for the right mix of development and a family environment.

Here's a closer look at each of the programs involved, in alphabetical order:

NEBRASKA HUSKERS

Nebraska was one of the first schools to enter this race, and the Huskers have been able to survive numerous cuts to his list. Not only have they survived — it could be argued that they are surging in his recruitment.

Offering early allowed Nebraska to build a strong relationship with Terry, led by wide receivers coach Garret McGuire and a personal effort from coach Matt Rhule. Terry visited in the spring before returning in the summer for an official visit. While it looked like Nebraska was fading in July, the staff was able to get Terry back to Lincoln at the end of July.

Terry returned to Nebraska last weekend to see the Huskers host Colorado. Nebraska's big win left an impression on him, considering the progression that the program made on the field in Rhule's second year.

One factor for Nebraska is the involvement of starting quarterback Dylan Raiola, who has been involved in the recruitment. Raiola hosted Terry on several of his trips, and his family is building a bond with Terry's family.

In speaking with sources near Terry, Nebraska is making a strong push. Some near the recruitment feel that the Huskers have moved into a top position, even with Texas in the recruitment. With a December announcement on tap, there could be some more twists and turns, but the Huskers are in a strong position at the moment.

OREGON DUCKS

Oregon was another program that offered early on, with offensive coordinator Will Stein putting in a big effort. Terry visited Oregon in late May before returning in June for an official visit and coming back in July before the dead period set in.

The Oregon staff has been able to make Eugene feel like a home away from home for Terry. One interesting link to the recruitment is former Oregon star De'Anthony Thomas, who met Terry and his family during a visit.

While Thomas isn't officially connected with the staff, he's settled in Eugene since his career ended. Thomas has been a good resource for Terry and his family through the process.

Oregon is pitching Terry on playing a role that splits between receiver and running back, and he and his family know that Oregon gives him a great chance to play high level football and develop for the next level. The biggest challenge for Oregon will be distance, though Terry stated in the past that he doesn't mind going away from home.

Sources we spoke with indicated that Oregon is slipping a bit in the recruitment, but the Ducks are slated to get Terry back to Eugene for a game visit this fall. Can Oregon make another push following that trip?

TEXAS LONGHORNS

Most sources feel that Texas will eventually be the pick for Terry, but it's not a done deal for the Longhorns. Texas represents the right fit of education, development, proximity to home and the ability to compete for championships.

AJ Milwee and Chris Jackson have been the lead recruiters for Texas, but coach Steve Sarkisian has also been involved. The latest intel we have favors Texas and Nebraska in a tight race with Oregon in third. Texas pitched Terry on a multi-faceted role where he can line up at receiver, running back and Wildcat quarterback.

Terry visited Texas during the spring before coming back over the summer for an official visit and returning in July for an unofficial visit. Terry is planning to get back to Austin for a game this fall, and he could make it to several games given he lives just more than an hour away. Texas is the behind-the-scenes favorite at the moment, but this recruitment still has a few months to go before someone closes the deal.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

We have rules!

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Hayes Fawcett's edits are the best because someone paying him to do them and doesn't care about the quality. He's like a Netflix Studio Exec.

im 90% certain that he does it for free and it's only for him to get more exposure to get into this type of recruiting analyst role

Nation's No. 1 ranked ATH prospect Michael Terry III mulling over UTSA game visit

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

"Don't get me wrong, Nebraska surging at this time is definitely making me a little nervous and I've remained wary of Oregon since the early summer, but I've continued to like Texas' chances here and continue to lean towards the Longhorns being the eventual winner."

Spoiler

Nation's No. 1 ranked ATH prospect Michael Terry III mulling over UTSA game visit

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

San Antonio Alamo Heights five-star ATH Michael Terry III is looking at visiting the Forty Acres on Saturday for Texas' game vs. UTSA, a source tells Horns247.

Although the trip isn't officially on the books, the source tells Horns247 "it's in the works" and it would not surprise me if he eventually becomes the headliner of this weekend's visitor list once plans are fully confirmed. 

If Terry makes it down for a visit as expected, the source told Hold247 the five-star could be making the trip without family, and instead with several of his buddies/teammates from his Alamo Heights football team as his father is still considering making the trip or not. 

Although I've viewed the Longhorns as the eventual winner in this race going back to June, another visit to the Forty Acres should only continue to raise the burnt orange's chances of landing the nation's No. 1 athlete prospect. 

While my thought process as to who will eventually land Terry hasn't changed since June, there has been some new developments in the recruitment in the last week. After getting Terry on campus for their 28-10 win over Colorado over the weekend, Nebraska has gained some serious momentum in this recruitment and in talking with several sources I believe it's the Huskers who present the biggest threat to the Longhorns as things currently stand. 

Oregon is still hanging around and has remained aggressive in their approach, but again, as things currently stand I think this is Texas vs. Nebraska with Oregon lingering in third place. Texas A&M was originally the other school in the top four but the Aggies haven't been a serious contender in this race since June. 

As far as other visits go, the source tells Horns247 the Georgia at Texas game on Oct. 19 remains the only visit that's actually scheduled and on the calendar. However, as mentioned earlier, Oregon has still remained aggressive and are trying to get Terry back up to Eugene for at least one more visit. On the same note, although there still isn't anything that's actually scheduled, Terry and his camp are planning to return to Eugene for the Ducks' Oct. 12 home game vs. Ohio State. 

Again, the return visit to Eugene still isn't fully locked in, but the Terry family is planning on being there for the Ducks' game vs. Ohio State on Oct. 12. This shouldn't come as news though, as I originally reported Oregon pushing for Terry to visit the Oct. 12 weekend back on Thursday's edition of The Insider. 

Now as far as the timeline goes, I've reported several different time spans for when Terry could shut it down over the last few months, and he continues to push it back. With Terry most recently telling the media he's now looking at a December decision that's what I'm told to expect, but, it would not surprise me at all if a decision comes before then as there are sources that continue to believe the recruitment won't go on till December. 

Regardless of the timeline, I continue to believe that Texas has done the best job in this recruitment when it comes to pitching positional fit and long term development that'll turn Terry into an eventual high NFL draft pick. 

I also think Texas continues to hold an advantage in the relationship department. A big deal is made about about Nebraska being early to offer, Oregon being to early offer, or even Will Stein offering Terry when he was still at UTSA before moving on to Oregon and offering him there, but I rarely see folks talk about how Tashard Choice at Georgia Tech was actually the first coach/school to offer Terry. 

Choice beat UTSA to offering by three days back in July of 2021 heading into Terry's freshman season, and the offers from Oregon and Nebraska weren't extended until Jan. 25, 2023. That fact, along with Texas being the school that contacts Terry the most leads me to believe the Longhorns hold the lead in the relationship department. 

Nebraska surging is definitely something I'm tracking, but I do think the Huskers' standing is hurt a little in comparison to Oregon or Texas when you remember that going to a National Championship contender and high-level NFL development are two big factors in this recruitment. I'm about as big of a Matt Rhule fan as you'll find, but I do think choosing the Huskers is looked at as the biggest risk of the three possible options by Terry's camp due to the previous sentence.

Texas has also found themselves in great standing due to the effort and work Steve Sarkisian has done as a head coach that's involved in the recruitment, as well as the primary recruiting efforts from AJ Milwee along with extra help from Chris Gilbert, Brandon Harris, Chris Jackson, and of course Tashard Choice. 

Top to bottom Texas has put a ton of time and effort into this one as it's been a staff-wide effort, and when that happens the Longhorns are rarely on the losing end come decision time. 

Don't get me wrong, Nebraska surging at this time is definitely making me a little nervous and I've remained wary of Oregon since the early summer, but I've continued to like Texas' chances here and continue to lean towards the Longhorns being the eventual winner.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

The Texas Longhorns sit at 20 commitments and have vaulted into the top 5 with the flip of Myron Charles from Florida State. 

In the latest Best Class Scenario, OnTexasFootball lists 30 prospects with defensive line, defensive back, wide receiver and linebacker in the balance. Names will be added to the DB list soon. 

Quarterback (1)

Running back (2)

Wide receiver (3-4)

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High *Texas A&M commit - or - Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy *FSU commit

Tight end (2)

Offensive line (5-6)

Defensive line (4-5)

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County *FSU commit -or- Walter Mathis, DL, Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day *LSU commit

Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle *Texas A&M commit - or- Floyd Guidry, DL, Spring (Texas) High *TCU commit
Visit note: Sims will likely OV to Texas during the season with Mississippi State weekend most likely, as of Monday. Guidry could take in a Texas game this month too. 

EDGE (2-3)

Linebacker (2-3)

Defensive back (4)

Athlete (1)

The OTF prospect ranking system used for this story (rankings will be updated at the mid-way point of the 2024 season):

5-star - obvious 

So the same class plus a few guys we are very likely to flip. Looks more like a realistic scenario than a best case scenario. Best case scenario should involve flipping 5 star guys nobody is talking about like Filsaime.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

im 90% certain that he does it for free and it's only for him to get more exposure to get into this type of recruiting analyst role

He's an On3 employee now. They hired him back in 2021. "Football Recruiting Social Media Expert" job title and writes commitment articles. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

He's an On3 employee now. They hired him back in 2021. "Football Recruiting Social Media Expert" job title and writes commitment articles. 

Oh no doubt he's getting paid now. I'm just saying it was used as a springboard into that role since he had the inside scoop on most of these recruits. Now I'm sure on3 let's the recruits use him for free as long as they keep it in house / get to use that info.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

Quarterback (1)

Running back (2)

Wide receiver (3-4)

Tight end (2)

Offensive line (5-6)

Defensive line (4-5)

EDGE (2-3)

Linebacker (2-3)

Defensive back (4)

Athlete (1)

5-star - obvious 

He says four DBs in the class but only lists two (commits.) Is it because we're targeting two flips?

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's because Dorian Brew and Devon Sanchez are silents.  😉

I don't get the smoke on Sanchez honestly. I know nothing about the kid, but every piece of info I have heard about him points to Denver Harris 2.0 being a more likely outcome than a high draft pick.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I don't get the smoke on Sanchez honestly. I know nothing about the kid, but every piece of info I have heard about him points to Denver Harris 2.0 being a more likely outcome than a high draft pick.

Great kid we have a coach on staff who coached both and says they are polar opposites in work ethic and maturity. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It likely means he has no idea how the DB class will materialize but believes that this staff will close well anyway. That's what he's implying with the Filsaime comments. 

One thing about Sarkisian and his staff - they are ruthless opportunists. There are some highly ranked classes with excellent targets should those teams falter this season. Oregon is one. The old rule regarding season performances impacting the next class may still be true, but the latter part that used to follow in terms of "but current classes are usually set" no longer should be viewed as viable. The game done changed. The Sarkisian classes at Texas help inform that. 

I just think it is easier to destroy than it is to build, a surprise upstart team is "set" on their class but with the modern clowning on social media recruits are more vulnerable to flipping.

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Nah, Sanchez is the real deal! 

15 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting enough Gerry finally told viewers to give up on DK Moore but gave some hope to Devin Sanchez, said he wants to see him make it on campus.

I’d definitely allow that! Give me Sanchez over Moore! 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He’s roughly 50x more focused than Harris ever was, and plays like it too. He’s a first day draft pick easily in 3 years. There’s 0% chance he doesn’t go to Ohio st though.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s roughly 50x more focused than Harris ever was, and plays like it too. He’s a first day draft pick easily in 3 years. There’s 0% chance he doesn’t go to Ohio st though.

Didn't realize you were so close.

And here I thought you just liked him because of his surname.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

So if I translate that from Helobious speak into English, that means Sanchez and Denver Harris were separated at birth and are basically the exact same, he’ll flame out of school in under 2 years and there is an 87% chance he goes to any school except Ohio State.

Got it!  Thanks, man

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is very grunting

Bobby Burton

There are only two recruits in the class of 2025 who are currently uncommitted that Texas continues to pursue: San Antonio Alamo Heights athlete Michael Terry and linebacker Madden Faraimo from Southern California.

The rest are all currently committed elsewhere.

So let’s talk about “the rest” for a second…

Just three weeks ago, Texas had solid recruiting momentum, the snowball was definitely rolling downhill but it wasn’t overwhelming.

But right now, I’m here to tell everyone that that snowball has become an absolute avalanche behind the scenes.

Recruits are calling Texas, including a couple of national prospects on no one’s radar. Recruits are initiating contact just as much as Texas is doing the same.

The conversations with previously targeted elite prospects, those committed elsewhere, are becoming longer and more productive. Visits, official and unofficial, are being set.

And it’s not just in the class of 2025.

Going on the road and beating Alabama and Michigan in back to back years, having a true Heisman candidate, making the college football playoff then coming back and being ranked No. 2 in the country, 11 NFL draft picks, NIL engagement, Sark and his recruiting staff’s style, those things are all contributing to this avalanche.

I’ve seen this sort of momentum before, and not just at Texas. Remember, I’ve been covering recruiting for 30+ years professionally, so I’ve seen runs by other teams like Florida State (1990s), USC (2000s), Bama (2010s) and Georgia (2020s) during that time frame. Texas is absolutely headed in that same direction.

The flood gates are about to open. That’s the feeling I get. There is no hotter team or program in college football than the Texas Longhorns.

angry hot dog GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Hey man, Helobious pulled off the rare double reverse jinx with his Michigan prediction so y'all cut him some slack

There’s no jinx. I don’t know if there’s a pick’em standings but I’d have to be close to the top, I almost nailed both scores the first 2 weeks. If I make 5 predictions people will focus on the 1 I got wrong and ignore the 4 I got right.