Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

13 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

It sounds like we should all cross Moore off. Whatever he did around his commitment was apparently not well received by the Texas staff

Probably when you bring your entire family to a visit and everyone has a great time and you make it known you're coming to Texas only to turn around and nope to Oregon at the last minute, it pisses some people off.   When there's a line of receivers behind you wanting to go to Texas, it's not so hard to move on at that point after he flaked on the coaches twice.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Probably when you bring your entire family to a visit and everyone has a great time and you make it known you're coming to Texas only to turn around and nope to Oregon at the last minute, it pisses some people off.   When there's a line of receivers behind you wanting to go to Texas, it's not so hard to move on at that point after he flaked on the coaches twice.

Shades of Evan Stewart?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You put it much nicer than I was thinking of saying. I was going to say our staff gets its pussy hurt when kids indicate that they are coming here and then commit somewhere else. I think the bigger issue now is that stirring the pot would create issues with our current wide receiver commits making the juice not worth the squeeze IMO.

48 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

It sounds like we should all cross Moore off. Whatever he did around his commitment was apparently not well received by the Texas staff

I don't know if this is correct. Last I heard was that they'd take his commitment in a heartbeat. The bigger deal is that he doesn't want to come to Texas. He wants to get away from his family, like, a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know if this is correct. Last I heard was that they'd take his commitment in a heartbeat. The bigger deal is that he doesn't want to come to Texas. He wants to get away from his family, like, a lot. 

He wants to get away because they are a bad influence or he wants to get away to be the bad influence?

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

He wants to get away because they are a bad influence or he wants to get away to be the bad influence?

Likely the latter. However it could be neither. Sometimes people just want their independence from their family, especially one that large. Personally I'd love to have my grandma in the same city and getting a "have you eaten?" Text from her. But I guess that puts a damper on being a ladies man in college.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Likely the latter. However it could be neither. Sometimes people just want their independence from their family, especially one that large. Personally I'd love to have my grandma in the same city and getting a "have you eaten?" Text from her. But I guess that puts a damper on being a ladies man in college.

The closest college I applied to (go Hoosiers) was a 34 hour drive from my house. It felt to me like college is a time to define yourself as your own person, not a time to have parents dropping by unannounced or having your mom do your laundry. Everyone's choices vary.

• Hook 'Em 6

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Like you can’t get away from your parents at college. Yup they’ll be creeping in the bushes or sitting behind Stewart in geology 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️so he sees them every weekend for the game? Big deal, it’s your family. He will be wishing the opposite in 15 years. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The closest college I applied to (go Hoosiers) was a 34 hour drive from my house. It felt to me like college is a time to define yourself as your own person, not a time to have parents dropping by unannounced or having your mom do your laundry. Everyone's choices vary.

Same thing I did. Went to college in Wichita falls to finally try to have some independence. I get it, even if I think it's a dumb decision for him based on program fit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Did you grow up in Anchorage or Panama?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

He's looked pretty good to me.  And their receivers are fast as shit.  I think their OL is having problems.  

Gabriel is only reason they are still undefeated.

It appears their OL is not very good in pass pro. The OL has given up 7 sacks against iffy competition so far.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Dante Moore? Oof that pup did not bite year one.

I remember looking at him coming out of high school thinking that this guy has no business being a five star. He was limited as a passer, seemed to throw into coverage, and had really terrible mechanics. If you want to hitch your wagon to that guy then best of luck. He is the Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy of 5 star QBs

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Given that according to Google you can drive 12 hours from El Paso to Orange and still be in the same state, I'd say that's decent for traversing 2/3 of the country.

it’s not even 30 hours from San Diego to Bloomington.  where are you from?

Just now, futureman said:

it’s not even 30 hours from San Diego to Bloomington.  where are you from?

I can see going from Bloomington to San Diego but why the fuck would you go from San Diego to Bloomington?

• Haha 2

You would have to think Moore is significantly better than Lockett and that may be the case to the coaches. If you flip Moore before signing day you are losing Lockett 100%. It’s not about sharing targets cause Lockett has no issue being in the same class as Ffrench. Lockett and Moore don’t like each other or want to play with each other due to some adult BS. Moore also would cost you way more than Lockett in NIL dollars.

Glad I’m not a coach making the decisions and as of today Texas ain’t close to getting Moore to even think about flipping. 

There are no hard feelings on either side for moore, but that doesn't change the fact that one side is willing to pay considerably more than the other, and I don't think that fact will change, at least before and during year one

My criteria was a minimum 3 hour drive. Close enough to go home when I wanted to, just far enough away the fam wouldn't show up unannounced on a whim.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

"I gave her two Nembutals."

Janice-and-Richie-The-Sopranos.jpg

23 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

San Francisco is just under 34 hours to Bloomington. 

Yeah, but that's the Joe Bloggs answer. Based on my calculations, he's from somewhere along the stretch of highway between Churchill Falls and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland. A DNA test would likely reveal markers of Labrador Inuit genetics.

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

My dorm room at UT was 5 miles from my parents' house and they never once went to campus other than to watch football games and my graduation my 4 years. I think the bigger issue is that parents vary. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2