Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

5 hours ago, Mittens said:

Can’t count how many times per season the Seinfeld car reservation scene mixes in my head with a kid saying-

“I know what a ‘commitment’ means.”

Because over and over in my head I hear Jerry responding with a-

“I don’t think you do.”

I am so glad that we are no longer living in the era of Mack Brown.

🙏🙌

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Helobious is just salty because Terry keeps Mossing a bunch of Juan’s and Jose’s. 

I'm Mexican and smart enough to know we need more Terrys than taco touchdowns & tacklers. Lived in' 09 Terry has been tearing it up since he was starting WR for AH as a freshman. It was Clemson at one time early on. Thank you Dabo!

Edited by Okcool
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Aside from Charles and Hilson, any meat left on the soon to be carcasses of the Seminoles and Gators ‘25 classes?

Buzzards Circling Amazon GIF by Nature on PBS

They look to have a 5 star tackle who is really a guard and a high 4 star corner who is really a safety and some very good wide receivers.

Mbatchou’s film is pretty meh to me. Obviously the frame is incredible and every major program is going crazy for him right now, so clearly I don’t know shit. Just wondering why he’s a priority take now and not a guy that goes to Mississippi State and then turns into a big NIL bidding war in 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Mbatchou’s film is pretty meh to me. Obviously the frame is incredible and every major program is going crazy for him right now, so clearly I don’t know shit. Just wondering why he’s a priority take now and not a guy that goes to Mississippi State and then turns into a big NIL bidding war in 3 years. 

This is the first season he has played football, and after marinating for a couple of years he has the physical tools to be absolutely elite. Most DL recruits (outside of a few obvious ones, like the helmet shitter) are projection, and apparently those who do know shit are all in on the guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Because if he goes to MSU and develops to his potential, he will cost 10x as much in NIL and will be a recruiting dog fight against every elite team in the country.

believe it or not, there are plusses to actually developing your own guys.  Buy in is higher.  You learn their personalities, what makes them tick, what motivates them.  There is a bigger opportunity to establish trust between player and coaches and player to play.  If you believe in your culture, it is best to get the raw prospect used to doing things your way to maximize.

Transfers are great for plugging holes, but there is still room for taking some targeted, high upside developmental takes.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1