Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

10 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Texas: 13 receiving TDs to eight different players (six WRs) | Total: 74 receptions, 1,028 yards

A&M: 4 receiving TDs to four different layers (three WRs) | Total: 39 receptions, 474 yards

Damn, those are some sizeable differences. I know it's a small sample size and schedules aren't really comparable right now, but I'd imagine that proportion doesn't change much by the end of the season.

What do you mean?  Michigan is better than Notre Dame, UTSA is better than Florida, and Colorado State is better than McNeese. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tree Fidy said:

For the sake of the entire community, please stop quoting that dumbass Futureman.  He is ignored by at least 1/2 of us and provides exactly zero value with his humor that always misses the mark. 

Nobody gives a shit who others have on ignore. It’s a personal feature for a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 7

39 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nobody gives a shit who others have on ignore. It’s a personal feature for a reason. 

Anyone who doesn't want to end up also being ignored by like 90% of the 9.99er board gives a shit. You are right in that you can spam quote whoever you want but the result of that is going to be you joining those same ignore lists. Giving a poster who doesn't seem to have run into that moron before a quick heads up about that fact is hardly out of line. 

15 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I don't think they'll fall off a cliff.  It will be a slow burn for two reasons.

1. Their accomplishments under Saban will only get them so far.  DeBoer will have to win like Saban did in order to get the "Alabama" discount and that is an unknown as of this moment.

2. They flat-out will not be able to keep pace in today's NIL landscape.  Their alumni base just doesn't have the powder to keep up with the programs that are making noise.  Now that schools are allowed to do what the Alabama's and Clemson's of the world have been doing for years but above board, they're going to find out the hard way that dollars do matter.

Deboer is a good coach and teams with better rosters tend to win. Until recruiting drops off, Alabama is going to be fine.  For #2 there are way more "have nots" than "haves" and the open season NIL window will be closed at some point soon IMO. There be limits/changes to NIL that will minimize the gap.

Gerry Hamilton

Texas Longhorns recruiting: Yes, maybe or no

In the latest OnTexasFootball look at whats left in the 2025 class currently, it's the recruiting game of Yes, maybe or no. 

The criteria this week is pretty simple. Yes is has a visit scheduled, and OTF currently really likes Texas' chances. Maybe is has has a visit scheduled or already made a visit, and the Horns have a realistic shot. No is there is not a visit currently scheduled, and there needs to be one for the flip or win to become realistic. 

Here is the latest installment of Yes, maybe or no with the understanding that the majority of these battles are national or SEC powers fights - and you will never win them all. 

Yes

Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle *Texas A&M commit 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Visit note: Sims is scheduled to OV to Texas during the season with Mississippi State weekend. Texas A&M hosts Saturday with hopes to slow the Texas Momentum. 

Maybe

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High *Texas A&M commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
The visit: Johnson told OTF he plans to attend the Georgia game October 19. 

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Visit notes: Made first visit to Texas last weekend. OV likely for Georgia game October 19. 

Walter Mathis, DL, Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day *LSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++
Visit date: Unofficial visit to Texas scheduled for September 29 for the Mississippi State game. 

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County *FSU commit 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Visit note: Wynn is working to plan a visit to Texas, but Texas wants both parents to make the trip. 

Javion Hilson, EDGE, Cocoa (Fla.) High
Visit note: Expected to visit for the Mississippi State game.

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng, LB, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy
Visit note: Official visit scheduled for the Georgia game October 19th weekend. 

Michael Terry II, ATH, San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
Visit note: Texas expected to get another visit October 19 for the Georgia game.

No

Dallas Wilson, WR, Tampa (Fla.) Tech - *Oregon commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star

Dakorien Moore, WR, Duncanville (Texas) Tech - *Oregon commit

Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy - *FSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+

Michael Fasusi, OT, Lewisville (Texas) Tech - *Oklahoma commit

Jahkeem Stewart, DL, New Orleans (La.) Edna Karr 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star
Note: Stewart and his circle are in communication with Texas more the last two weeks. 

Zion Williams, DL, Lufkin (Texas) High *LSU commit 
Visit note: Williams has now talked to Texas about the possibility of a game visit, but nothing locked in as of Tuesday.

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) J Serra Catholic

Devin Sanchez, CB,  Houston (Texas) North Shore - *Ohio State commit

Dorian Brew, CB, Conroe (Texas) High - *Oregon commit

Dijon Lee, CB, Mission Viejo (Calif.) High - *Alabama commit

Na'eem Offord, CB, Birmingham (Ala.) High - *Ohio State commit

Cobey Sellers CB, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek - *Texas A&M commit

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Anyone who doesn't want to end up also being ignored by like 90% of the 9.99er board gives a shit. You are right in that you can spam quote whoever you want but the result of that is going to be you joining those same ignore lists. Giving a poster who doesn't seem to have run into that moron before a quick heads up about that fact is hardly out of line. 

That is so fucking logically stupid.  The fuck do I care if your dumb ass has me on ignore?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

I guess this argument started because I quoted @futureman, so allow me to clear the air. If you have @futureman on ignore, you almost certainly should have me on ignore.

“Well, I don’t think I’ve ever thought much about ‘TotallyLegit’ as a poster. I think he’s okay, more or less, don’t I? Do I need another person on ignore? Well, he does seem to be aligning himself with a complete fucking garbage poster creating negative value on this site on a post by post basis …”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

“Well, I don’t think I’ve ever thought much about ‘TotallyLegit’ as a poster. I think he’s okay, more or less, don’t I? Do I need another person on ignore? Well, he does seem to be aligning himself with a complete fucking garbage poster creating negative value on this site on a post by post basis …”

I don’t mean to align myself with him but merely position myself as no better than him. I’m @futureman if he feigned self-awareness.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

The constant “ignore future man” chatter is a crutch for surly’s most unimaginative cunts. Just shut up about it. 

Out of curiosity, I think you should compile a list of "surly's most unimaginative cunts," or the people who always suggest Futureman be put on ignore, and see which ones are quality posters and those who aren't. I can think of a few off the top of my head that if they shut the fuck up, this board would be the worse for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Out of curiosity, I think you should compile a list of "surly's most unimaginative cunts," or the people who always suggest Futureman be put on ignore, and see which ones are quality posters and those who aren't. I can think of a few off the top of my head that if they shut the fuck up, this board would be the worse for it. 

My point, perhaps inarticulately delivered, is that the incessant refrain to "ignore him" is more tiresome than the thing itself. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

My point, perhaps inarticulately delivered, is that the incessant refrain to "ignore him" is more tiresome than the thing itself. 

Yeah, but the exercise has merit regardless. Bitching about the folks that are bitching, when most of the latter are the ones that bring the most value to the board, is certainly a position to take. 

I dont mean to talk about recruiting on the "lets act like middle school girls and who do we like and dont like forum"   but,   Gerry's list isn't very hopeful for more DBs.    Assuming the 2026 safety reclassifies, its a great Safety class, DBs, not so much.    Im not saying to stretch and pick up some guys lower on their list, but everything else seems to be hitting.  

So is it, just a weird year (last year was pretty strong), an assumption that we can fix in portal, and or TJ just isn't good enough and people may be assuming he is gone at end of the year and top 150 guys dont want to come when they aren't sure who will be the coach.

EDIT: i'm sick with a 104 fever, so if this was frontier gibberish, i apologize.

Edited by Mr. Drummond
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I dont mean to talk about recruiting on the "lets act like middle school girls and who do we like and dont like forum"   but,   Gerry's list isn't very hopeful for more DBs.    Assuming the 2026 safety reclassifies, its a great Safety class, DBs, not so much.    Im not saying to stretch and pick up some guys lower on their list, but everything else seems to be hitting.  

So is it, just a weird year (last year was pretty strong), an assumption that we can fix in portal, and or TJ just isn't good enough and people may be assuming he is gone at end of the year and top 150 guys dont want to come when they aren't sure who will be the coach.

EDIT: i'm sick with a 104 fever, so if this was frontier gibberish, i apologize.

Gerry said on yesterdays show that he felt like the fact that there weren't more offers going out for DB means to him that Sark and the coaches are happy with the young guys (2024) they have on campus right now including the RS's.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

Texas Longhorns recruiting: Yes, maybe or no

In the latest OnTexasFootball look at whats left in the 2025 class currently, it's the recruiting game of Yes, maybe or no. 

The criteria this week is pretty simple. Yes is has a visit scheduled, and OTF currently really likes Texas' chances. Maybe is has has a visit scheduled or already made a visit, and the Horns have a realistic shot. No is there is not a visit currently scheduled, and there needs to be one for the flip or win to become realistic. 

Here is the latest installment of Yes, maybe or no with the understanding that the majority of these battles are national or SEC powers fights - and you will never win them all. 

STOP posting recruiting updates in the recruiting thread.  What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry said on yesterdays show that he felt like the fact that there weren't more offers going out for DB means to him that Sark and the coaches are happy with the young guys (2024) they have on campus right now including the RS's.

Sometimes, it seems, Gerry gets tired of the bullshit he hears constantly from all sides. Posting a 100% confidence pick for Hudson to Tech last year is a good example of him getting tired of getting lied to and having to play nice to keep up appearances. He chose to burn a bridge involved with that recruitment in order to have a clearer path towards the truth in the future. 

Like that, I read today's update as a call out for some folks to put up or shut up. If you want us to mention you seriously as someone involved with Texas, then do something about it. Or, if you want us to take your efforts seriously to land one of these big flips, then get some of these fuckers on campus. Or both. 

I may not be correct in this case, but that's as likely as just not seeing a path for any of the No's or thinking that the staff really is done at DB.

• Hook 'Em 9

56 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Agree.  For Futureman, "ignore him" seems too light of a punishment.

I recommend:

4e4d0a97-6335-47eb-ba50-913582b8544b_tex

Edited by Katfid54
  • Drool 1