Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

31 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

You either never played receiver or never made any of those catches.

I was king of pulling down long passes that were off target like in the video. They require quickness, speed, good hand eye coordination. Passes high across the middle are hard because you are looking back for the ball while trying to see who is going to hit you full speed and the ball is thrown hard and you can't use your body to help catch it. Short outs thrown behind you are hard because they are drilled as your body is moving away from the ball and are best caught by guys with big hands who can make one handed catches.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I was king of pulling down long passes that were off target like in the video. They require quickness, speed, good hand eye coordination. Passes high across the middle are hard because you are looking back for the ball while trying to see who is going to hit you full speed and the ball is thrown hard and you can't use your body to help catch it. Short outs thrown behind you are hard because they are drilled as your body is moving away from the ball and are best caught by guys with big hands who can make one handed catches.

The king of the backyard maybe. Of course hard throws behind you are hard. But low balls with your arms extended are an absolute bitch to reel in, which is exactly what happened in that clip.

45 minutes ago, Bevo said:

rob gronkowski GIF

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Well I was an all-state WR in high school. You probably played in P5 college or pros.

So was Al Bundy.  

Nah, I didn't go down that path but I grew up with Gardere and Kelley and would go to some of the summer stuff because of that and because another friend was a walk-on WR.

Untitled.webp

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Nah, I didn't go down that path but I grew up with Gardere and Kelley and would go to some of the summer stuff because of that and because another friend was a walk-on WR.

Lol so you didn’t even play D1?  why don’t you sit this one out, champ.  go touch some grass while the grownups talk. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

5HO.gif.788dfb0ce4fafabe636dbdd7aab757e2.gif

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20240925_225409_Chrome.jpg

It feels like aggy pulled a lever on Sims. Fat Howell suddenly confident on an aggy commit not flipping to Texas after weeks of deflection + pushing his visit back. 

Gerry thinks Hilson has to make an unofficial and official visit to Texas before deciding for some reason. I don’t follow his columns closely enough to catch his reasoning. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It feels like aggy pulled a lever on Sims. Fat Howell suddenly confident on an aggy commit not flipping to Texas after weeks of deflection + pushing his visit back. 

Gerry thinks Hilson has to make an unofficial and official visit to Texas before deciding for some reason. I don’t follow his columns closely enough to catch his reasoning. 

His OV to Texas was June 7th

Gerry Hamilton

Who are the big recruiting battles against in 2025?

To begin your Thursday OnTexasFootball takes a look at who Texas is competing against for the final prospects in the 2025 cycle. 

Texas A&M

Texas A&M pledge Kelshaun Johnson (Hitchcock, Texas/High) scheduled to be at Texas October 19 for the Georgia game. Will attend the Texas vs. Arkansas game Saturday in Jerry World. 

Texas A&M verbal and OnTexasFootball 4-star DL Chace Sims (Richmond, Texas/Randle). Sims isn't expected to make his OV this weekend. Will it happen October 19-20? We shall see.

Texas A&M commitment Cobey Sellers (Pearland, Texas/Shadow Creek). Sellers talks with Texas multiple times per week. 

Georgia

Florida State verbal Kevin Wynn (Greensboro, Ga./Greene County). Georgia is the main competition with South Carolina trying to stay in it. 

Alabama and Georgia

EDGE Javion Hilson (Cocoa, Fla./High). Had to reschedule Texas visit this weekend to October 19 due to Hurricane Helena. 

Florida DL commit and OnTexasFootball 4-star+ Joseph Mbatchou (Loganville, Ga./Grayson) is scheduled to make his OV to Texas October 19-21. He is also scheduled to be in Tuscaloosa Saturday for the No. 2 Georgia vs. No. 4 Alabama game. 

LSU

LSU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star++ Walter Mathis Jr. (Savannah, Ga./Calvary Day) is scheduled to visit Texas October 19 for the Georgia game. 

LSU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star Zion Williams (Lufkin, Texas/High).

Oklahoma

Sooners OT commit and 4-star++ Michael Fasusi (Lewisville, Texas/High).

Missouri

Missouri OT commit and 4-star++ Lamont Rogers (Mesquite, Texas/Horn) is communicating with Texas. 

Nebraska

ATH Michael Terry III (San Antonio/Alamo Heights) is a Texas lean over Nebraska with Oregon still in contact and working for an October visit. 

Florida State

FSU verbal Dylan McCutcheon (Lucas, Texas/Lovejoy) is scheduled to be in Austin Saturday. 

Oregon

Oregon commitment Dorian Brew (Conroe, Texas/High). OTF isn't ruling out a game visit this season. 

Oregon WR commit and 5-star Dallas Wilson (Tampa, Fla./Tech).

USC

Madden Faraimo (San Juan Capistrano, Calif./JSerra Catholic) is a USC, Texas and ND battle with Washington trying.

Michigan and Notre Dame

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy) is scheduled to make his official visit to Texas for the Georgia game.

Ohio State 

Ohio State 5-star cornerback commits Devin Sanchez (Houston/North Shore) and Ohio State commitment Na'eem Offord (Birmingham, Ala./Parker). Offord is a possibility to attend the Georgia game October 19.

Ohio State LB commit and 4-star++ Riley Pettijohn (McKinney, Texas/High).

TCU

TCU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star Floyd Guidry (Spring, Texas/High).

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a whiff of Al Bundy and Polk High here.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

Who are the big recruiting battles against in 2025?

To begin your Thursday OnTexasFootball takes a look at who Texas is competing against for the final prospects in the 2025 cycle. 

Texas A&M

Texas A&M pledge Kelshaun Johnson (Hitchcock, Texas/High) scheduled to be at Texas October 19 for the Georgia game. Will attend the Texas vs. Arkansas game Saturday in Jerry World. 

Texas A&M verbal and OnTexasFootball 4-star DL Chace Sims (Richmond, Texas/Randle). Sims isn't expected to make his OV this weekend. Will it happen October 19-20? We shall see.

Texas A&M commitment Cobey Sellers (Pearland, Texas/Shadow Creek). Sellers talks with Texas multiple times per week. 

Georgia

Florida State verbal Kevin Wynn (Greensboro, Ga./Greene County). Georgia is the main competition with South Carolina trying to stay in it. 

Alabama and Georgia

EDGE Javion Hilson (Cocoa, Fla./High). Had to reschedule Texas visit this weekend to October 19 due to Hurricane Helena. 

Florida DL commit and OnTexasFootball 4-star+ Joseph Mbatchou (Loganville, Ga./Grayson) is scheduled to make his OV to Texas October 19-21. He is also scheduled to be in Tuscaloosa Saturday for the No. 2 Georgia vs. No. 4 Alabama game. 

LSU

LSU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star++ Walter Mathis Jr. (Savannah, Ga./Calvary Day) is scheduled to visit Texas October 19 for the Georgia game. 

LSU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star Zion Williams (Lufkin, Texas/High).

Oklahoma

Sooners OT commit and 4-star++ Michael Fasusi (Lewisville, Texas/High).

Missouri

Missouri OT commit and 4-star++ Lamont Rogers (Mesquite, Texas/Horn) is communicating with Texas. 

Nebraska

ATH Michael Terry III (San Antonio/Alamo Heights) is a Texas lean over Nebraska with Oregon still in contact and working for an October visit. 

Florida State

FSU verbal Dylan McCutcheon (Lucas, Texas/Lovejoy) is scheduled to be in Austin Saturday. 

Oregon

Oregon commitment Dorian Brew (Conroe, Texas/High). OTF isn't ruling out a game visit this season. 

Oregon WR commit and 5-star Dallas Wilson (Tampa, Fla./Tech).

USC

Madden Faraimo (San Juan Capistrano, Calif./JSerra Catholic) is a USC, Texas and ND battle with Washington trying.

Michigan and Notre Dame

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy) is scheduled to make his official visit to Texas for the Georgia game.

Ohio State 

Ohio State 5-star cornerback commits Devin Sanchez (Houston/North Shore) and Ohio State commitment Na'eem Offord (Birmingham, Ala./Parker). Offord is a possibility to attend the Georgia game October 19.

Ohio State LB commit and 4-star++ Riley Pettijohn (McKinney, Texas/High).

TCU

TCU DL commitment and OnTexasFootball 4-star Floyd Guidry (Spring, Texas/High).

errbody. Call me crazy but I think we should another RB.

Edited by Bevo14