Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

19 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

My expectation is that Wisner gets encouraged to go seek a larger role with a different program (he would be back in RB3 at absolute best duties with us next year if not lower on the depth chart) and we go get a speedier back to provide some variance to Gibson/Baxter in the Rb rotation. 

I don’t think that at all. Wisner is very solid and will get carry’s next year and this year. He’s a worker. 

• Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I bet Wisner makes himself indispensable this year. 

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think that at all. Wisner is very solid and will get carry’s next year and this year. He’s a worker. 

You seem to be mistaking my point. Wisner is good enough to start for a number of decent power conference teams. At the same time I'd argue Gibson is already better than him and Baxter, if he comes back anywhere close to 100%, is going to start for us next year either way. Maybe you took my 'encouraged to portal' as in he would get processed or something like that. I meant it as he is going to get encouraged to go take the money and be a starting RB somewhere instead of be RB3 or worse for us getting only a few touches a game. If he he keeps playing like he is and can stay healthy the opportunities will be out there. 

57 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

My expectation is that Wisner gets encouraged to go seek a larger role with a different program (he would be back in RB3 at absolute best duties with us next year if not lower on the depth chart) and we go get a speedier back to provide some variance to Gibson/Baxter in the Rb rotation. 

Well that’s a stupid as fuck expectation to have

• Hook 'Em 2

You seem to be mistaking my point. Wisner is good enough to start for a number of decent power conference teams. At the same time I'd argue Gibson is already better than him and Baxter, if he comes back anywhere close to 100%, is going to start for us next year either way. Maybe you took my 'encouraged to portal' as in he would get processed or something like that. I meant it as he is going to get encouraged to go take the money and be a starting RB somewhere instead of be RB3 or worse for us getting only a few touches a game. If he he keeps playing like he is and can stay healthy the opportunities will be out there. 

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, bluto said:

Well that’s a stupid as fuck expectation to have

Players who develop and get better every year and are constantly being praised by coaches in press conferences rarely get encouraged to leave the program. This was a stupid fucking take. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Players who develop and get better every year and are constantly being praised by coaches in press conferences rarely get encouraged to leave the program. This was a stupid fucking take. 

That was never my take. I never said anything about Texas processing Wisner and I honestly assumed it went without saying (and it should to anyone above a fucking room temp IQ) that I was referring to other teams throwing money at him. Honestly the idea of Texas processing Wisner is so incredibly idiotic that it simply never occurred to me as something my words could be interpreted as. 

I get this is Surly and being judgmental cunts is part of the fun. I opened myself up to that with poor phrasing 🤷‍♂️. I do still think the most likely outcome at RB is Wisner leaves for a payday and better chance at starting elsewhere and we go get some speed back to provide more of a change of pace (unless Nisbett really impresses the coaches). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You literally said “gets encouraged”. That implies he’s being told to leave. Just own your stupid shit and move on. 

He will be told to leave... by other teams and likely his family and friends after they see the kind of money I expect gets thrown his way if he stays productive. Especially if Baxter is on pace to come back healthy and is showing no setbacks in his rehab this Spring. Eh whatever I'm done arguing this stupid shit. It makes no sense whatsoever to suggest that Texas would process out a quality RB when we are shallow there but if it for some reason satisfies some weird need of yours to believe that was my intent then by my guest. I corrected that misconception about a minute after my post in the first place. 

• Fuck You 6

Pretty sure our current RB injury situation would help dispel the myth that the grass is greener regarding playing time. Maybe Wisner will get some offers, but Texas is a far better place even in a shared role with other NFL caliber backs. And we actually pay our bills, unlike a lot of programs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Wisner is a football player. And last year was a special teams badass.  I don’t want him going anywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think it would be Gibson in that scenario.  With another year under his belt, he's gonna be a pain in the ass to tackle.  I don't think Tre is an every down back because he doesn't have the size to be an ideal between the tackles guy, but is a very useful complementary back.

Edited by kevwun

32 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think it would be Gibson in that scenario.  With another year under his belt, he's gonna be a pain in the ass to tackle.  I don't think Tre is an every down back because he doesn't have the size to be an ideal between the tackles guy, but is a very useful complementary back.

I feel like Wisner has the size and mentality to be an every down back inside and out, maybe even moreso than Blue. He may never start, but he could do the job.

6 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I feel like Wisner has the size and mentality to be an every down back inside and out, maybe even moreso than Blue. He may never start, but he could do the job.

Does he have the size? I know he's listed at 6 ft and 200 lbs, but I'm under the impression that they were being generous about his weight. Not that being under 200 lbs disqualifies him, but it's a bit light for doing work between the tackles. 

His size isn't ideal.  It's not a knock on his ability, but I just think Gibson is gonna be very good.  Once he gets a little stronger, he's gonna be a handful for defenses.  He's already harder to bring down than Baxter was last season.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, kevwun said:

His size isn't ideal.  It's not a knock on his ability, but I just think Gibson is gonna be very good.  Once he gets a little stronger, he's gonna be a handful for defenses.  He's already harder to bring down than Baxter was last season.

Gibson has really good vision and patience in traffic. He takes a 3 yard play and makes it a 6 yard play regularly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The point is that Wisner is both a very good player who can do a lot of different things, he is also a strong culture fit.  You try to keep those valuable players, you don't show them the door.  I keep going back and rereading that post because it may be the most staggering bit of dumbfuckery ever posted on this site.  It's like trying to avert your eyes at the freak show, but you can't.  I mean, holy fuck.

Edited by cafe society
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

God you’re the purest of exquisite retardation 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Does he have the size? I know he's listed at 6 ft and 200 lbs, but I'm under the impression that they were being generous about his weight. Not that being under 200 lbs disqualifies him, but it's a bit light for doing work between the tackles. 

To me he doesn't look any smaller than a lot of the every down backs that have torn us up over the years, particularly from KSU and OSU.

I also thought Niblett looked like he putting on some running back weight. 

Both those guys can already do more than K Robinson, who was really fast and really good at falling down.

Edited by mwaadeeb
added osu

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine trying to defend “encourage to leave” as the same as “enticed to leave.”

”Listen, my wife wasn’t enticed to leave by the neighbor with his 9 inch beer can hog and his money, I ENCOURAGED her to because frankly I’m poor, and have a small penis.” 

FIFY

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

We're all posting on a bulletin board/forum. Being here is showing all of our ages. 

I am going to start a tiktok channel where I give my hawt takes on Texas football while doing all of the latest challenges. I am going to surpass Bobby's channel in 3 days. It's going to be huge. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Pretty sure our current RB injury situation would help dispel the myth that the grass is greener regarding playing time. Maybe Wisner will get some offers, but Texas is a far better place even in a shared role with other NFL caliber backs. And we actually pay our bills, unlike a lot of programs. 

He has to look no further than Kielan Robinson.  That guy had only a handful of carries and still got drafted