Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Are we pursuing any of the top 2025 WRs other than the two Oregon commits? I haven't heard anything, but seems like Brown III's commitment to Florida could be vulnerable and would be a complementary body type/play style to our current commitments. Barring those guys, it seems like taking McCutcheon, who is a nice player in his own right and fits a need in the class, is the path of least resistance. They appear to love Kelshaun Johnson, but I imagine that is a situation where A&M would go jihad to make sure we don't take their only WR commit. 

I'm hoping the staff stays on Dallas Wilson, no matter how little of a chance we have. That kid is elite. If Stein leaves after tree season, then maybe we can poach him. I don't care about DM, but Wilson is what we need. He's a dude. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

1) That one dude seems right regarding McCutcheon not being a take. I like the guy as a prospect, personally. I also liked Chase, who I think is headed to OU. DM is a back burner/slowplay for Banks and Sarkisian while they continue to target higher ranked guys committed elsewhere. I’m not going to be surprised if Jackson is a little irritated with this situation and cycle. 

2) The McGuire guy is interesting on two fronts. 

a) He’s redefining the term “Black Irish”, for sure. 

b) They must see something they really like besides just his massive size that no doubt gets Flood more excited than it should. 

They’re running the guy through the program as fast as they can, I think. No redshirt, garbage minutes, no buzz. 

Parker Livingstone came to Texas to do two things:

1) Slay as much pussy as quickly as possible. 

2) Stand on the sidelines of Texas games and cheer on the non-JAGgers getting playing time and making plays. 

This fucking guy is absolutely crushing it. Good for him. 

Would you say he's "learned a lot about living and a little bout love"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

40 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Thought we had a "hi" Friday.  Apologies if this has already been addressed.

I thought we were under the impression that it was Hilson? As others have mentioned, though, a silent is basically worthless

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I live in DFW.  I'll be at the TX/OU tailgate.

Also, I’m not dumb enough to say that those guys will spill all their info for a party trick, but they enjoy talking about this shit. So you if you said something like “hey what’s the deal with wynns recruitment, you think the staff is still on him?” Or “I saw we got a hi last night. How long do you think it’ll take that one to pop.” Be creative to get what you want.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Also, I’m not dumb enough to say that those guys will spill all their info for a party trick, but they enjoy talking about this shit. So you if you said something like “hey what’s the deal with wynns recruitment, you think the staff is still on him?” Or “I saw we got a hi last night. How long do you think it’ll take that one to pop.” Be creative to get what you want.

Do-People-Really-Eiffel-Tower-_P_Social.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

$20 is $20 last time I checked.