Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

56 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Haven't heard much about Rogers lately, nice to see him on this list

image.thumb.png.9d5a3e4ce7796d9dbe708701d64c7359.png

I agree. I've always liked Rogers' tape. He's got kind of an atypical body shape - he's massive in his upper body with long arms but smaller in the lower half. He's got the skinniest ankles I think I've ever seen from a man his size. But he's strong and he's mean and he certainly moves well enough to stay at tackle.

Shame there's no Dallas Wilson on this graphic. A guy can dream.

15 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Campbell is getting subbed out liberally now for Hutson and I’m not even convinced he’s the best right guard on the team. Who the fuck is still pumping the Campbell declaring early for the draft shit? 

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Tyler Guyton could hardly even see the field his first 2 years at TCU, and only started 5 games as a junior and 9 games as a senior at OU, but was still taken in the 1st round.

Guyton is an OT though. No one is reaching for a project guard on the first two days of the NFL draft. Especially one that doesn't have positional flexibility to play OT or C. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Based on all the smoke recently, seems like they prefer McCutcheon to Johnson. And aggy seems to have locked down Sims. Therefore I'm going to go ahead and add Brew and/or Sanchez to the calculator.

It seemed to me like they prefer Johnson but are warming up to taking McCutcheon

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brew, Sims, Johnson, or Sanchez.

Gerry said this morning that Smith-Orogbo is done for the season with a non structural knee surgery that he was born with. Going to have this surgery now to be ready for spring ball. 

So wonder if he's going to visit him during the day and attend a different game that night.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

The Hi from last week will be in attendance for the Georgia game. I think this DT dumbass is reporting the one from last week as a "brand new one," since TFB is usually a bit slower on recruiting news and more up to date on staff/program details. 

Is this conjecture?  Neither Terry nor Mcutcheon are currently listed as attending.

Gerry Hamilton

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian will have a busy day in the Houston area Friday.

He’s going to be flying around town in a helicopter.

Stops for sure include:

Galveston Ball to see 5-star safety commit Jonah Williams. 

12:30 will be Hitchcock High to see Texas A&M 4-star+ WR commit Kelshaun Johnson, and check in on Nebraska DL commit Malcolm Simpson.

He will then head to Hastings to see 4-star++ EDGE commit Smith Orogbo. Orogbo has knee surgery next Wednesday that will likely keep him out of spring practice. He will be ready to in the summer/August.

And is also scheduled to be at Dekaney High to see 4-star++ commit Nick Townsend. Texas also continues to look at 4-star USC pledge Tanook Hines. 

There will also likely be one more stop. 

In the Houston area … Texas continues to talk with a trio of CB’s committed elsewhere.

Dorian Brew

Cobey Sellers

Devin Sanchez.

It will be Sark and Gideon at G Ball and Hitchcock High. Gideon area recruiter for both.

Sark and Banks at Hastings and Dekaney.

Westfield-Dekaney game Friday night. Texas coaches will be in attendance 

What he said on stream and I posted earlier differs a little bit from this article unless I misheard him regarding Smith-Orogbo

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian will have a busy day in the Houston area Friday.

He’s going to be flying around town in a helicopter.

Stops for sure include:

Galveston Ball to see 5-star safety commit Jonah Williams. 

12:30 will be Hitchcock High to see Texas A&M 4-star+ WR commit Kelshaun Johnson, and check in on Nebraska DL commit Malcolm Simpson.

He will then head to Hastings to see 4-star++ EDGE commit Smith Orogbo. Orogbo has knee surgery next Wednesday that will likely keep him out of spring practice. He will be ready to in the summer/August.

And is also scheduled to be at Dekaney High to see 4-star++ commit Nick Townsend. Texas also continues to look at 4-star USC pledge Tanook Hines. 

There will also likely be one more stop. 

In the Houston area … Texas continues to talk with a trio of CB’s committed elsewhere.

Dorian Brew

Cobey Sellers

Devin Sanchez.

It will be Sark and Gideon at G Ball and Hitchcock High. Gideon area recruiter for both.

Sark and Banks at Hastings and Dekaney.

Westfield-Dekaney game Friday night. Texas coaches will be in attendance 

What he said on stream and I posted earlier differs a little bit from this article unless I misheard him regarding Smith-Orogbo

His name is Smith Orogbo. It's not a hyphenated last name.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

CJ

On the topic of 2025 WR Daylan McCutcheon, I spoke to someone plugged into the area who said if there was a leader in the clubhouse to flip McCutcheon at the moment, it would be Texas. That may or may not be a surprise given he was on campus for the Mississippi State game and officially visit on June 14, but that was the word passed along.

McCutcheon has been committed to Florida State since July 13 and is starting to hear more from schools like SMU and TCU in recent weeks.

Gerry

Texas continues to make a run at 4-star++ DB Dorian Brew of Conroe High

IMO that provides clarity on who the mystery db x is that was mentioned recently.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry said this morning that Smith-Orogbo is done for the season with a non structural knee surgery that he was born with. Going to have this surgery now to be ready for spring ball. 

So wonder if he's going to visit him during the day and attend a different game that night.

giphy.gif

Just now, Dondrysdale1 said:

This has to mean a Lamont Rogers, Dorian Brew, Dijon Lee are listening in addition to Terry and the known d line?

im confused by the TFB update is that the same as Gerry’s Hi or are there two now.

Brew and or Sellers or Lee, maybe Sanchez

Hilson

Wynn or Mathis 

Rogers or Fassusi maybe

Terry

Pettyjohn or Faraimo or Owusu

Johnson or McCutcheon

5 hours ago, tokamak said:

Based on all the smoke recently, seems like they prefer McCutcheon to Johnson. And aggy seems to have locked down Sims. Therefore I'm going to go ahead and add Brew and/or Sanchez to the calculator.

Sanchez is a pipe dream

5 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

I thought it was Pettijohn that was coming to the Georgia game

He is 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Hilson

Wynn or Mathis 

Rogers or Fassusi maybe

Terry

Johnson or McCutcheon

See above about Sanchez. Brew would be my guess, or Pettijohn. Hopefully both Mathis and Wynn, and Rogers would be more open than Fasusi. Fasusi wants early playing and we can't offer him that. 

I wouldn't rule out Terry, either. 

My understanding is that last weeks was Pettijohn and the one TFB is reporting is separate from that. I could be completely wrong but that’s what I’ve gathered.

to be clear when I asked about the hi from last week, I got met with a “it’ll be a few weeks till it pops but he will be in for the Georgia game.” I laughed and said “well that’s weird seeing as IT just reported Pettijohn is going to be in for the Georgia game, but then again so is half the state at this point.” Everyone laughed and then I asked what side of the ball it was on and didn’t get a response.

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Hilson

Wynn or Mathis 

Rogers or Fassusi maybe

Terry

Johnson or McCutcheon

No fasusi, faraimo, or owusu is my read. Mccutcheon if we strike out on Johnson happens the way I see it. 

Hilson for sure according to posters on this site. 

Rogers is interesting as there is still communication 

Wynn or Mathis seems to be anyone’s guess. 

MT3 has the CBs rolling in so he’s probably Gerry’s hi and especially if streets put a 7 confidence CB in. 

Brew seems the likely candidate for DB flip 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

The smoke recently from posters here is sark/banks want Johnson. Jackson really likes mccutcheon. 

21 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I think 3 now. Hilson would’ve been earlier I think, and he’s not currently slated to come for Georgia is he? Also I edited my post above which should give some clarity.

If i recall correctly because of the hurricane that Hilson will now be visiting UGA? Maybe I’m misremembering