Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Perry’s the chain? We have those in Chicago. Certainly we can do better. 

Don’t hate, Chris Perry is a good guy and has a big presence in Austin beyond just Perry’s (which started in Houston).   i saw Mannings eating at Verdad (one of his other restaurants).  If it’s good enough for them, it’s probably good enough for the recruits.

Also, if you tell me you’ve never crushed a Friday lunch special pork chop and followed up with a couple of spicy margs after a rough week, I don’t believe you. 

Edited by Professor Chesney
  • Hook 'Em 7

25 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Don’t hate, Chris Perry is a good guy and has a big presence in Austin beyond just Perry’s (which started in Houston).   i saw Mannings eating at Verdad (one of his other restaurants).  If it’s good enough for them, it’s probably good enough for the recruits.

Also, if you tell me you’ve never crushed a Friday lunch special pork chop and followed up with a couple of spicy margs after a rough week, I don’t believe you. 

Why get a pork chop when you can get a steak or a steak burger. Pork is an inferior meet. Steak is best paired with wine. SO, I in fact, have never "crushed a Friday lunch special pork chop and followed up with a couple of spicy margs after a rough week".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, HellesBier said:

Why get a pork chop when you can get a steak or a steak burger. Pork is an inferior meet. Steak is best paired with wine. SO, I in fact, have never "crushed a Friday lunch special pork chop and followed up with a couple of spicy margs after a rough week".

fancy-woody.gif.4ecb07760be7cee8701f26f23952f593.gif

You lost your cred with the steak burger add on.  Oh, and "meet"

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

If you have to cook them medium, you need to buy better ribeyes.

This doesn’t even make sense. I could explain more, but it would go way off topic. 

I do filets rare to medium rare due to the leaner cut. Strips usually medium rare. 

Has anyone heard any updated timelines for Terry?

• Hook 'Em 1

Since the one rb update says dependent on baxter’s rehab but does not mention Clark’s rehab- is there an assumption about Clark’s injury that’s already baked in to the room number?  If so, I’d take a guess that the assumption is he won’t be around.  

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since the one rb update says dependent on baxter’s rehab but does not mention Clark’s rehab- is there an assumption about Clark’s injury that’s already baked in to the room number?  If so, I’d take a guess that the assumption is he won’t be around.  

Not counting on Clark as anything more than a lottery ticket seems the sound course of action, unfortunately.  Achilles injuries are brutal, and I can’t think of any examples of players coming back strong after surgery, right?  Jonathan Gray was never the same after his. 

6 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Gerry’s article is one of the most defensive $9.95 write ups I’ve ever read. Have there been a lot of OTF olds clutching pearls about whether news of recruits’ activities is putting their commitments in danger? It just comes off like GH is telling people to chill the fuck out.

I think it was more of a rebuttal to whatever cloak & dagger silliness was being spewed by one of the other $9.95ers and then that being played back to OTF with old man questions/statements. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Not counting on Clark as anything more than a lottery ticket seems the sound course of action, unfortunately.  Achilles injuries are brutal, and I can’t think of any examples of players coming back strong after surgery, right?  Jonathan Gray was never the same after his. 

He’s extremely young and that’s pretty much the biggest hope there. It’s pretty much a death knell as far as injuries go. Sucks for the kid and for the program. 

• Like 1