Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

27 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He was an A&M commit and then flipped to Auburn. 5 star WR knowingly went into a complete rebuild with a dumpster fire at QB. I wonder what would cause him to make a deci$ion like that. 

Hugh Freeze like to spend money on hookers and blow, and kid$. I hope he enters and we take a look at him. Kid has killer instincts 

fucking high Freeze and his &limey ass. 

7 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Since Hugh Freeze is suffering on offense I would like to poach Cam Coleman for our portal search. Kid is legit and would look bad ass in Burnt Orange. 

Isn’t there some kind of rule about portaling between two SEC teams that would make it unlikely? (Unless Freeze got fired.)

14 hours ago, Codaxx said:

He was an A&M commit and then flipped to Auburn. 5 star WR knowingly went into a complete rebuild with a dumpster fire at QB. I wonder what would cause him to make a deci$ion like that. 

He went to high school like 45 min away from Auburn fwiw, but yeah.

Didn't he d/c while Jimbo was still the coach?

Gerry Hamilton

Tuesday Morning Recruiting Notes

The Texas Longhorns head to Dallas for the Red River Rivalry with a top 5 level class, and the opportunity to sign the highest ranked class yet under Steve Sarkisian December 4. 

This morning, OnTexasFootball takes a look at a few topics on the trail.

Trending Texas

Three prospects continue to trend toward the Longhorns.

Michael Terry II, ATH, San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++
The decision: October expected
The battle:Texas leads Nebraska and Oregon.

Javion Hilson, EDGE, Cocoa (Fla.) High
Texas note: Scheduled to visit for the Georgia game.

Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy - *FSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star

Defensive line recruiting

Chances for Texas in order or best to least. 

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson - *Florida commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Visit note: Scheduled to make OV for the Georgia game. Georgia vs. Texas battle with Alabama trying hard. 

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County *FSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Texas note: Wynn's list of schools is Georgia, South Carolina, Texas and Colorado. Texas still working to get both parents in town for a game day visit. 

Walter Mathis Jr., DL, Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day - LSU commit

Malcolm Simpson, DL, Hitchcock (Texas) High - Nebraska commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Texas note: This recruitment will be impacted by academics. If he can get where needed, he would move up the list. Scheduled to return to Austin for the Georgia game. 

Floyd Guidry, DL, Spring (Texas) High - TCU commit

Defensive back recruiting

Chances for Texas in order or best to least. 

Dorian Brew, CB/DB, Conroe (Texas) High - *Oregon commit
Texas note: Texas working to get Brew on campus for the Georgia game. Could staying close to home for family reasons be more in plan now than this summer? Possibly. 

Dijon Lee, CB, Mission Viejo (Calif.) High - *Alabama commit
Texas note: Lee told OTF two weeks ago a game day visit to Texas this season is possible. 

Devin Sanchez, CB, Houston (Texas) North Shore - *Ohio State commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star
Texas note: Texas hoping to get Sanchez on campus for the Georgia game. Communication remains after Sark's stop at NS Friday. 

Cobey Sellers, CB, Pearland (Texas) High - *Texas A&M  commit
Texas note: Texas talks to Sellers 3-4 times per week, but OTF believes he's behind others currently.

Na'eem Offord, CB, Birmingham (Ala.) Parker - *Ohio State commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

He went to high school like 45 min away from Auburn fwiw, but yeah.

Didn't he d/c while Jimbo was still the coach?

Dont know the kid or his motivations, but I would guess he is in a good spot financially based on the schools where he committed. I would guess that means he is not on the market after 1 year, but I am purely speculating. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A handler wants to get paid irrespective of what else gets paid to the player. I am hoping Texas waves this one away.

I was kind of hopeful that the Will Lyles of the world would go away with the public nature of NIL.  Guess not.

• Hook 'Em 8

21 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Ricky Stewart was compared to Adrian Peterson 

he has a  one step and go ability. 

That's high praise. 

Dude is gonna be a monster. He honestly should be a 5 star, but whatever. 

* no belts involed

I much prefer the Asian Peterson comparison. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Interesting... 

I wonder if the interest is legitimate or if he just wants to see his future team get smashed on. Either way, good job baker!

I’m always curious if there’s a part of this that’s about keeping big NIL donors involved, as well.  Just like @closetojumping has described Sark, the ones I know are star-chasers, too.  

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I’m always curious if there’s a part of this that’s about keeping big NIL donors involved, as well.  Just like @closetojumping has described Sark, the ones I know are star-chasers, too.  

Terry is LEGIT though.. think @closetojumping was hinting at guys who were rated high but not necessarily can't miss

247 Sports / Hank South confirming the Justus Terry visit for the TX/GA game.

Five-star DL schedules visit to Texas for Georgia game

Hank South (247 Sports)

Five-star defensive lineman Justus Terry plans to unofficially visit Texas next weekend when the Longhorns host Georgia, the Manchester (Ga.) product confirms to Horns247. 

Terry, a one-time USC commit, is trending to the Bulldogs heavily on the 247Sports Crystal Ball but the Longhorns could have a window of opportunity to make a move for the 6-foot-5, 275-pounder. 

Alabama and Florida State, among others, are also involved for the Peach State talent. 

Terry is ranked the No. 2 defensive lineman and the No. 8 overall player in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Terry is LEGIT though.. think @closetojumping was hinting at guys who were rated high but not necessarily can't miss

I don’t think he’s chasing Terry for stars. 

I was speaking more about getting money commitments from big donors.  “Hey X, it’s Sark-we’re going after the #1 DT in the country.  He’s from Georgia, committed to Georgia, but he’s never looked around and I doubt they are paying market.  Once he realizes what the other DT’s are getting he’s going to open it up.  I want to help spur that conversation-maybe he gives us a look or maybe it just makes him expensive for Georgia to keep-Texas wins, either way.  Can I get you to commit to $100k of the cost?”

Anyway, it’s basic sales and gives the program an excuse to keep a donor involved.  

• Hook 'Em 4

By Gerry Hamilton

7 minutes ago

Follow0

Texas defensive line board expands by two 5-stars

The Texas Longhorns are in deep sea fishing mode with up to seven spots remaining in the 2025 class. The Longhorns currently have a top 5 ranked class for a fourth year in a row, and are setting up to take a swing at the highest ranked class yet under Steve Sarkisian and staff.

One position that Texas is setting up for some massive battles in defensive line. Kenny Baker has two commitments from two of the nations best with four or five the goal by December 4. 

Texas commitments

Myron Charles, DL, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
OTF ranking: 4-star+

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
OTF ranking: 4-star++

Justus Terry and Elijah Griffin on the radar?

News leaked Thursday that Manchester (Ga.) High 5-star Justus Terry is scheduled to attend the Texas-Georgia game October 19. Texas has been in contact with Terry and his circle behind the scenes for a little while. Texas enters the race next weekend triling Georgia, Alabama and Miami. The Horns are deep sea fishing here.

A second Peach State 5-star has also been in contact with Texas per a source in Southeast Georgia. Top 10 ranked prospect overall in the country Elijah Griffin (Savannah, Ga./Savannah Christian) and his circle has also been in contact with Texas. Griffin and circle initiated the contact with Texas. Griffin is making his official visit to Georgia this weekend. The Bulldogs and Miami Hurricanes is where the decision is expected to come out of with USC third. Texas is working to get the 6-4.5, 300-pounder on campus prior to announcing a decision. 

Top flip targets

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson - Florida verbal
Note: Mbatchou will make his official visit for the Georgia game October 19. Texas and Georgia are the top two with Alabama and others giving chase. 

Note: Scheduled to be in Austin for the Texas-Georgia game. 

In-state names to keep tabs on

OTF ranking: 4-star
Note: Simpson will be in Austin for the Texas-Georgia game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

247 Sports / Hank South confirming the Justus Terry visit for the TX/GA game.

Five-star DL schedules visit to Texas for Georgia game

Hank South (247 Sports)

Five-star defensive lineman Justus Terry plans to unofficially visit Texas next weekend when the Longhorns host Georgia, the Manchester (Ga.) product confirms to Horns247. 

Terry, a one-time USC commit, is trending to the Bulldogs heavily on the 247Sports Crystal Ball but the Longhorns could have a window of opportunity to make a move for the 6-foot-5, 275-pounder. 

Alabama and Florida State, among others, are also involved for the Peach State talent. 

Terry is ranked the No. 2 defensive lineman and the No. 8 overall player in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

One is on land, and the other in the water?

While technically true, it seems irrelevant to the metaphors being used. Are they just two different ways of saying they’re pursuing highly rated, and perhaps low probability, guys?

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

By Gerry Hamilton

7 minutes ago

Follow0

Texas defensive line board expands by two 5-stars

The Texas Longhorns are in deep sea fishing mode with up to seven spots remaining in the 2025 class. The Longhorns currently have a top 5 ranked class for a fourth year in a row, and are setting up to take a swing at the highest ranked class yet under Steve Sarkisian and staff.

One position that Texas is setting up for some massive battles in defensive line. Kenny Baker has two commitments from two of the nations best with four or five the goal by December 4. 

Texas commitments

Myron Charles, DL, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Justus Terry and Elijah Griffin on the radar?

News leaked Thursday that Manchester (Ga.) High 5-star Justus Terry is scheduled to attend the Texas-Georgia game October 19. Texas has been in contact with Terry and his circle behind the scenes for a little while. Texas enters the race next weekend triling Georgia, Alabama and Miami. The Horns are deep sea fishing here.

A second Peach State 5-star has also been in contact with Texas per a source in Southeast Georgia. Top 10 ranked prospect overall in the country Elijah Griffin (Savannah, Ga./Savannah Christian) and his circle has also been in contact with Texas. Griffin and circle initiated the contact with Texas. Griffin is making his official visit to Georgia this weekend. The Bulldogs and Miami Hurricanes is where the decision is expected to come out of with USC third. Texas is working to get the 6-4.5, 300-pounder on campus prior to announcing a decision. 

Top flip targets

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson - Florida verbal
Note: Mbatchou will make his official visit for the Georgia game October 19. Texas and Georgia are the top two with Alabama and others giving chase. 

Note: Scheduled to be in Austin for the Texas-Georgia game. 

In-state names to keep tabs on

Note: Simpson will be in Austin for the Texas-Georgia game.

We're about to clean up in recruiting after we send Georgia home with their dicks tucked into their assholes. These kids see what's happening, and they don't make contact with free staff if there is nothing there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

While technically true, it seems irrelevant to the metaphors being used. Are they just two different ways of saying they’re pursuing highly rated, and perhaps low probability, guys?

No. They're the same metaphors just used by different people. I.e. Gerry says deep sea fishing, and Bobby says big game hunting. Same thing. 

Just now, Funk Doctor Spock said:

No. They're the same metaphors just used by different people. I.e. Gerry says deep sea fishing, and Bobby says big game hunting. Same thing. 

That’s what I figured, but deep sea fishing seems to me like it is even more random so I wanted to be sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1