Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby

One quick recruiting note:

We’re keeping our eye on a recruit from the state of Texas currently committed elsewhere who is expected to be on campus this weekend for the game.

He has not been previously mentioned.

image.thumb.png.f6c45c8f507750fdcb8d4d6651a5be9b.png

Whats the point of this kind of reporting?  It pretty much ensures it will get out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There are literally so many people out there it could apply to, so when there’s a visitor they haven’t accounted for, they can still say they knew. 
Not saying Bobby is doing this because he actually has more integrity than the others, but it’s something they all do to some extent.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Ketch will end up figuring it out and putting it on blast. 

This might be the one thing the could make Ketchum valuable. When the staff decides they arent going to pursue a guy committed elsewhere due to off field stuff, they can float that they are super secretly recruiting the guy to Ketchum, he will fuck it up and blab it within 48 hours, and then the school he is committed to will go crazy giving the kid NIL to keep him away from us. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This might be the one thing the could make Ketchum valuable. When the staff decides they arent going to pursue a guy committed elsewhere due to off field stuff, they can float that they are super secretly recruiting the guy to Ketchum, he will fuck it up and blab it within 48 hours, and then the school he is committed to will go crazy giving the kid NIL to keep him away from us. 

Sounds a lot like the floating the chance sims stuff to get aggy to over commit resources 

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's Brew or Sanchez.

This is what I'm thinking, too. Especially given where Texas currently has blue-chip holes in the current class. Although, apparently Chester has been looking fantastic this season.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

2 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Sounds a lot like the floating the chance sims stuff to get aggy to over commit resources 

Simple misdirection maneuver in game theory. Make an opponent over allocate to keep an asset/competitive advantage "safe" while you secretly direct your actual attention elsewhere to steal white space and/or market share to build your own/erode your opponents market share. My company does this shit all the time. I bet this happens in recruiting at Texas. Especially since very few programs can compete with Texas' NIL spending.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby

One quick recruiting note:

We’re keeping our eye on a recruit from the state of Texas currently committed elsewhere who is expected to be on campus this weekend for the game.

He has not been previously mentioned.

image.thumb.png.f6c45c8f507750fdcb8d4d6651a5be9b.png

Lamont Rogers, Cobey Sellers, Zion Williams, Kade Phillips all fit this

4 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The Gangster of Love is gonna play football at USC?

4 hours ago, CoachTex said:

I just call him Maurice. 

4 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

If you’d called him Space Cowboy, Texas would’ve had a shot…

He's cool and all....but I'll portal the OG

• Hook 'Em 1

It's hard for me to get into recruiting while the season is in full swing, but I'm hearing if things go well this weekend it could be Errbody 2, Electric Bugaloo?

I'm here for it, and if we manage to pluck a 5* or two out of the state of Georgia I truly won't know what to do with my hands.