Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

4 hours ago, tokamak said:

All the $9.95er confidence is based on Hilson’s silent commitment. They are not smart enough to figure out that silent commitments are meaningless, even though it’s literally their job to know that. The reality is that he’s going through the whole process again. We’re in the mix, but that’s it. 

not necessarily

15 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Saying silent commitments are meaningless is like saying a girl texting you, "You up?" is the same as her texting you, "can you help me move this weekend?" While it does not guarantee deals will be sealed, it certainly points to intent.

Every year we've have silent commits who stay committed throughout the recruiting process. And then we have silents who do not eventually sign. Just based on anecdotal shit, I think the former outnumber the latter, by a lot.

These are 17/18 year old kids who sometimes have a chance to make a huge financial impact for their family and extended family. Sometimes the decision is not their own. I have no issues with kids who get swayed elsewhere. Just as long as they don't do it last minute or talk shit about Texas or the coaches, good luck to them.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Saying silent commitments are meaningless is like saying a girl texting you, "You up?" is the same as her texting you, "can you help me move this weekend?" While it does not guarantee deals will be sealed, it certainly points to intent.

I remember Gerry talking about silents before the season saying they stick about 80% of the time, so I would argue that they’re definitely not meaningless. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I think that would depend. You drive a truck?

4 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Move furniture or move dat ass? Context