Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Posted (edited)

If I may be so rude as to interrupt w/ a tweet about an updated commitment date/time for a guy who is now an important target, whether primary or backup:

image.thumb.png.66a643a2d6136d573c0b177d7a955e41.png

Edited by Getafix
Added Hank's note.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Would you fucking guys stop quoting the troll? 

Only it you stop being a pussy? Can you do that? You sound pathetic crying, honestly. 

"Guys! Do what I say! I'm stomping my feet and my puss is Infected!"

Good lord lol

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

When has their football coach left for another college job?  I think it’s a top 12ish job and you’re not leaving it for Florida.  I think it’s a better job than UW

Mario C - Miami

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

I'm sure the aggies had a good laugh about Moore going to Oregon.  Let's how funny it is if we take Lockett and Johnson off the board. 

They are still the favorite to land Johnson.

Sark picking up communication with him after losing Moore, screams “back-up plan” way too obviously. Wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson isn’t super receptive to that.

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

Willie Lyles was his bagman in Texas.

Per OTF, Sark has heavily re-engaged with Kelshaun Johnson and Chris Jackson with Tanook Hines.

My take from the last month is that we miss Glasscock's management of NIL. I'm not sure that it would have made a huge difference in the initial recruiting losses but I think he would have helped the coaches adapt. From what I can gather, we went in with what we thought were appropriate NIL offers. Most teams matched and raised and then we got into bidding wars with most of our targets which were basically the cream of the crop. When the numbers got too large, we backed out. All this seems reasonable, but based on a miscalculation of where the market was. In retrospect, we needed to offer more in the beginning and get kids locked in before there were bidding wars.

Now, I think we need to see where things land and play the long game. Continue trying to get our targets and lock in 75% of our class. And if we want Anding, offer him a number that we know LSU won't match instead of reacting to what LSU does. Then, as the season progresses as we suspect, revisit guys and even look at new ones from teams that are reeling and finish out the class. Bottom line is that we took a smart conservative approach that backfired as more money was out there than we thought (at least for 2025). Now we need a manager of NIL to better control the offer process.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s going to have to fix it soon as there is more bad news looming. 

I assume Ffrench to tOSU and Brooks to Georgia.

Edited by Bevo

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I assume Ffrench to tOSU and Brooks to Georgia.

Don’t assume anything. Less conjecture is better from your end. There are too many idiots going full aggie and taking random speculation on here and elsewhere as a true narrative and it’s not helping anything. Just live with your fears and hope bullshit gets sorted in our favor. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Don’t assume anything. Less conjecture is better from your end. There are too many idiots going full aggie and taking random speculation on here and elsewhere as a true narrative and it’s not helping anything. Just live with your fears and hope bullshit gets sorted in our favor. 

Sounds like we need to put in a call to Marvin Dorfler because Walsh is fuckin’ this thing up.

IMG_3788.gif.766e25fa671217268a8c31a31cc85090.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas didn’t lose Rogers or Petitjohn to bidding wars. Same for Charles and Brown, for Christ’s sake. 

They have fucked up focus and effort and they have been out worked and misapplied energy to high risk targets without backup plans. That’s recruiting fuckuppery 101. 

You had previously said that we preferred Faraimo over Pettijohn and we didn't have room for Rogers if we took Brooks and Fasusi. And it seems Pettijohn and Rogers were aware and chose accordingly. Same with Johnson for that matter. If you play that game, you absolutely have to close on your targets, otherwise you end up with jack shit.

I am more concerned about our targets of Brooks and Fasusi. I predict we end up with Fasusi. If we wanted Brooks, we needed to offer more in the beginning. It will absolutely have to do with money when we lose him to Georgia. You say this is what happens when we go after high risk targets. And maybe you are right but I say that if you go big game hunting that you need to be armed for big game. You can't half ass high risk targets, because that is a waste of time and then you are right that we should have been satisfied with Rogers and targeted him earlier.

++Sorry, this was typed before I saw your post above** Morons, please realize that this is pure speculation**

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Banks and Sarkisian are basically trying to run the entire show when it comes to recruiting, to the point of limiting access for position coaches with their position targets. Sounds really fucking weird.

Harris has provided consistently dated and/or clueless intel from the recruits’ camp side and is just basically an order taker otherwise. 

Texas lost a talented scout that they haven’t replaced and they lost a talented roster management/personnel guy that they arrogantly decided to not really replace by instead promoting an unqualified yes man. 

This predicament is entirely of Sarkisian’s making. He’s going to have to fix it soon as there is more bad news looming. 

suicide GIF

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas lost a talented scout that they haven’t replaced and they lost a talented roster management/personnel guy that they arrogantly decided to not really replace by instead promoting an unqualified yes man. 

This predicament is entirely of Sarkisian’s making. He’s going to have to fix it soon as there is more bad news looming. 

Thanks... how does Rees fit ???

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Banks and Sarkisian are basically trying to run the entire show when it comes to recruiting, to the point of limiting access for position coaches with their position targets. Sounds really fucking weird.

Could it be that Sark is planning for some changes after this season/thinking that some staff might flee? It wouldn't make sense for guys like Flood and Choice, both of which are assets. 

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

This is one of the dumber arguments I’ve seen in a board that has about a dozen dumb arguments every day. Jesus Christ on a cracker

Is there cheese also on the cracker?  Gouda or Brie 

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

If I may be so rude as to interrupt w/ a tweet about an updated commitment date/time for a guy who is now an important target, whether primary or backup:

image.thumb.png.66a643a2d6136d573c0b177d7a955e41.png

Well shit we missed June 10th 

• Haha 1

Oregon is a top 10 job now that they’re in the Big 10.  Huge NIL program, and even if you’re the 3rd best team in the Big 10 in any given year you’re making the playoffs.

Michigan lost Harbaugh and Ryan Day is a goatfucker - why can’t Oregon with Lanning win the conference a bunch in the next decade?

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The handholding before an announcement is always important. Why in the fuck is that part suddenly going sideways?

That's my question as well. I assumed that in the last few days that there has been back and fourth with money and then we pull out when the number gets absurd. If that is not the case, then I don't get it.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As far as I know right now, Texas leads for Brooks, btw. 

And if we get Brooks, losing Rogers is inconsequential. By all accounts, we should get Fasusi. But no one should be overconfident with the way things have been going.

And if we get Faraimo and the staff likes him better than Pettijohn, then we are fine there.

We are absolutely getting fucked at DB and DT.

WR probably bothers Sark more than it bothers me.

So overall, the sky isn't falling.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Harris has provided consistently dated and/or clueless intel from the recruits’ camp side and is just basically an order taker otherwise. 

It sounds like he has realized a problem and is doing a bunch of the work himself. This can't go on perpetually. He needs to hire some help he trusts to do the job.

Edited by Longhornlove

Posted (edited)

Some insights from someone familiar with him when he was first hired. 

Sark came in with a reputation for being a great guy that people really like working with. And very competent in his areas of expertise.

Like many great “people persons”, there was a question with him regarding his ability to organize and effectively manage complexity, and judge management talent.  
We’ve seen some cracks. I sure hope we see him fix whatever problems are occurring, quickly. 

Edited by Dbeasy

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Some insights from someone familiar with him when he was first hired. 

Sark came in with a reputation for being a great guy that people really like working with. And very competent in his areas of expertise.

Like many great “people persons”, there was a question with him regarding his ability to organize and effectively manage complexity, and judge management talent.  
We’ve seen some cracks. I sure hope we see him fix whatever problems are occurring, quickly. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hope is not a strategy 

• Like 1