Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So pettijohn picked Ohio st even though we offered more?  Is that right?

yes.  we are not a destination.  kids don't want to play for sark and they don't want to be in austin.  

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

What are CTJ's established factual credentials to be privy to this type of information? 

he was the offensive coordinator at texas for about a dozen years.  won a national championship too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

i never heard that this was about NIL..  I really think it was about playing time and being prioritized..tosu was really desperate for LBs.. they made him feel like priority #1 the same way they made Devin Sanchez and his family feel.

I don't buy all this talk from some $9.95ers (and their sources) to just wait til December and he flips to UT..  I think we get Cunningham and Nansen works some magic and flips the kid from SC late.

9 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i never heard that this was about NIL..  I really think it was about playing time and being prioritized..tosu was really desperate for LBs.. they made him feel like priority #1 the same way they made Devin Sanchez and his family feel.

I don't buy all this talk from some $9.95ers (and their sources) to just wait til December and he flips to UT..  I think we get Cunningham and Nansen works some magic and flips the kid from SC late.

Coaches seem to think Faraimo, Cunningham, Barnes.

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That is the absolute bullshit narrative being pushed by guys who like to feel important by flexing their internet nuts around here. If you believe what those people have to say about NIL, I can get you a sweetheart deal on the Intracoastal Waterway Bridge in Matagorda. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Inexcusable

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

We prioritized him, but his biggest problem with us was always the depth chart. He wants a fast path to the field and doesn't want to compete for it at the level he would have to here. No shade at the kid, some just want the easy road to playing time.

Edited by Vertigo

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We prioritized him, but his biggest problem with us was always the depth chart. He wants a fast path to the field and doesn't want to compete for it at the level he would have to here. No shade at the kid, some just want the easy road to playing time.

This could only be written by someone who’s never looked at our LB depth chart. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Makes sense since the bucks recruit like shit and their roster lacks talent..

• Haha 4

This could only be written by someone who’s never looked at our LB depth chart. 

Yeah. We lose two of our top three LBs and Hill will probably be here one more year. And we signed one guy last year. It could not be more inviting.

The greatest chance we have of flipping somebody is if a coach leaves. Fired or hired away. 

Fsu ?

ND?

LSU?

Georgia?  

Oregon?

tOSU?  OK. maybe here. 

But of the places our misses have gone, a coaching carousel flip or any other kind from these schools don't really seem likely. 

But, yeah. We can hope. 

2 hours ago, FCB said:

The greatest chance we have of flipping somebody is if a coach leaves. Fired or hired away. 

Fsu ?

ND?

LSU?

Georgia?  

Oregon?

tOSU?  OK. maybe here. 

But of the places our misses have gone, a coaching carousel flip or any other kind from these schools don't really seem likely. 

But, yeah. We can hope. 

We're five months to nsd1.

No games have been played. No one is fired up. Chip Kelly is being an OC for the first time in like 20 years. Will Stein has one year as an OC under his belt. Freeman lost to a bad Clemson team last year and lost to Marshall the year before. LSUs co OCs are a recruiter and the most uninspired SEC OC hire in a long time.

If you think none of those teams have coordinators that may leave for a head coaching job in the next 6 months you are wrong.

If you think none of those gods get replaced in six months you are likely wrong.

If you don't think depth charts can change in six months you are wrong.

If you think 17 year olds can't change their mind in six months you haven't been around many teenagers

If you think Texas winning (or any of those teams losing) can't change things you are wrong.

Should Texas sit here and hope and pray? Naw. But take care of fucking business and everything will work out.

• Hook 'Em 9

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

We're five months to nsd1.

No games have been played. No one is fired up. Chip Kelly is being an OC for the first time in like 20 years. Will Stein has one year as an OC under his belt. Freeman lost to a bad Clemson team last year and lost to Marshall the year before. LSUs co OCs are a recruiter and the most uninspired SEC OC hire in a long time.

If you think none of those teams have coordinators that may leave for a head coaching job in the next 6 months you are wrong.

If you think none of those gods get replaced in six months you are likely wrong.

If you don't think depth charts can change in six months you are wrong.

If you think 17 year olds can't change their mind in six months you haven't been around many teenagers

If you think Texas winning (or any of those teams losing) can't change things you are wrong.

Should Texas sit here and hope and pray? Naw. But take care of fucking business and everything will work out.

We've been hearing this for years. We finally win big last season and its still not working out like we've hoped. Maybe the mantra should be, "win a few years in a row and things will work out".

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

That is the absolute bullshit narrative being pushed by guys who like to feel important by flexing their internet nuts around here. If you believe what those people have to say about NIL, I can get you a sweetheart deal on the Intracoastal Waterway Bridge in Matagorda. 

I'm looking for investment opportunities. Let's take this offline. DM me! 

12 hours ago, Thiefery said:

If that is really what happen, That was a bad screw up by Sark and company. How do you let someone of that caliber get away because you didn't go full court press, but you put all your chips and and go all in on Aiden Andy from Louisiana and Brew who's never Imo prioritized Texas.  Sanchez still hearing calls from Sark shows he liked Texas and would probably be in this class had we not screwed that one up.   

The Sanchez recruitment was a royal screw up!! specially with how bad we need DB's, Joseph or Gideon should have been walked out that same day

24 minutes ago, D3zii said:

If that is really what happen, That was a bad screw up by Sark and company. How do you let someone of that caliber get away because you didn't go full court press, but you put all your chips and and go all in on Aiden Andy from Louisiana and Brew who's never Imo prioritized Texas.  Sanchez still hearing calls from Sark shows he liked Texas and would probably be in this class had we not screwed that one up.   

The Sanchez recruitment was a royal screw up!! specially with how bad we need DB's, Joseph or Gideon should have been walked out that same day

1) He seemed to always want to go out of state and was never really interested in us. 2) North Shore. 3) EXCLAMATION POINTS!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Steve Wiltfong notes

WR Kaliq Lockett

On3’s No. 3 ranked receiver Kaliq Lockett has his decision date set for Aug. 7 with Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M as the finalists.

The Longhorns are the current On3 RPM favorite. The Crimson Tide are currently considered the biggest challenger. Keen on the other three, we’ll see if one of them can make a move over the next month.

Lockett ranks as On3’s No. 21 prospect overall.

OT Michael Fasusi 

Lewisville (Texas) High five-star offensive tackle Michael Fasusi’s top three includes Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. There’s some buzz around the Longhorns right now but expect the Aggies and Sooners to turn it up after missing on Ty Haywood (uncommitted and looking at Alabama and Florida State) and Lamont Rogers (who recently committed to Missouri.

Fasusi ranks as the nation’s No. 7 offensive tackle and No. 32 prospect overall.

ATH Michael Terry III

On3’s No. 1 ranked athlete is took official visits to Nebraska, Oregon, Texas and Texas A&M. The San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights product is aiming to make a decision before his senior season. Texas is the heavy On3 RPM favorite but don’t sleep on the Aggies or Ducks.

WR Jaime Ffrench

Texas may have the slight edge for the Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin product but LSU and Miami are right there for the Sunshine State standout who is expected to return to all three campuses in July ahead of his August decision date. This is a recruitment that’s had a lot of changes at the top so the Longhorns are in a battle to stay in pole position.

Ffrench is the No. 8 receiver in the class and No. 55 prospect overall.

DL DJ Sanders

Depending on who you talk to, they have Texas or Texas A&M out in front for the Bellville (Texas) High defensive lineman. Michigan is trying to persuade the 6-foot-4, 325-pound Sanders to head out of state.

This is shaping up to be a tight one between the Aggies and Longhorns. Sanders ranks as the country’s No. 6 defensive lineman and No. 71 prospect overall.

TE Nick Townsend

The Spring (Texas) Dekaney tight end took official visits to USC, Alabama, Texas A&M and Texas. The Longhorns are looking like the team to beat.

On3 has Townsend ranked as the No. 6 tight end in the land and No. 88 prospect overall.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, people who've been on this forum for longer than a day are falling for futureman's schtick, Moore really has made this board dumber.

211675fc-fe9f-4d8f-ab9e-b9361bd4f6a4_text.gif.0dd3e3d86854bbdd507e75b2c34174f0.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Hoping everyone flips strategy is a bold move cotton 

Every year there are 2 to 3 that do flip Texas when it comes time to sign on the dotted line. Especially those who committed to out-of-state programs. This was happening under a very poor staffed Charlie Strong tenure without NLI or a bowl season.  

Edited by Blackcat00

53 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

WR Jaime Ffrench

Texas may have the slight edge for the Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin product but LSU and Miami are right there for the Sunshine State standout who is expected to return to all three campuses in July ahead of his August decision date. This is a recruitment that’s had a lot of changes at the top so the Longhorns are in a battle to stay in pole position.

Ffrench is the No. 8 receiver in the class and No. 55 prospect overall.

This is a huge issue if true. If LSU is as poor as people on here are saying, they should not be competing with us. We need to do what it takes instead of waiting for Oregon or tOSU or the like to jump into the mix. I know the experts on here disagree, but we need to stop pussyfooting around. It seems like Alabama use to get a silent and then let the 5 star recruits take their time before signing them in the fall. Times have changed. It isn't a sound policy for us.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

It's his personal money, it's entirely unconnected 

image.png.b4afb086d8afa399ad64744b6806b6ce.png

Can't we just cut back on the food we pay the Asian slaves with? I've got a house in the Hamptons to pay off!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

It's his personal money, it's entirely unconnected 

How is this fact lost on people? But we have people here posting Nike stock charts as evidence the Oregon NIL money is about to dry up. And they are not saying that sarcastically. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

Gerry

Jacksonville (Fla) Mandarin 5-star WR Jaime Ffrench tells OnTexasFootball that he is likely to make an OV to Georgia the last weekend of July.

Texas remains in a very good spot over Tennessee right now. Miami and LSU very much on the peripheral. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

This is a huge issue if true. If LSU is as poor as people on here are saying, they should not be competing with us. We need to do what it takes instead of waiting for Oregon or tOSU or the like to jump into the mix. I know the experts on here disagree, but we need to stop pussyfooting around. It seems like Alabama use to get a silent and then let the 5 star recruits take their time before signing them in the fall. Times have changed. It isn't a sound policy for us.

What can be done differently? They can't sign until fall so you have no way to lock them in. Then even if they sign in fall there's nothing stopping them from leaving in the spring. There's no way to lock it in. 

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry

Jacksonville (Fla) Mandarin 5-star WR Jaime Ffrench tells OnTexasFootball that he is likely to make an OV to Georgia the last weekend of July.

Texas remains in a very good spot over Tennessee right now. Miami and LSU very much on the peripheral. 

Nope, don't like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

This is a huge issue if true. If LSU is as poor as people on here are saying, they should not be competing with us. 

Baton Rouge is a good time. If I was a 5star recruit I'd take official visits to all the SEC power houses. All reporting has indicated they're just a hat on the table at this point. Too much hand wringing over other schools when it appears the issue is within currently.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

It saddens me that you can be this dumb and also a doctor. 

The LSU moderators have come out and openly admitted that they can’t compete with Texas in NIL. If a player picks LSU, it isn’t for better NIL. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It saddens me that you can be this dumb and also a doctor. 

I deal w/ doctors all day every day and a huge percentage of them are complete morons outside of their profession.  Had to confirm some basic math to one who went to MIT and then Stanford a couple of weeks ago and was just shaking my head the whole time (internally) during the conversation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1