Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Gerry seems to be half enthusiastically selling Fasusi at best this morning. If Gerry is positive a guy like Fasusi is coming to Texas he is always preaching that the guy is the best thing since sliced bread. That does not bode well because it means Gerry knows something we don't and he is not sharing.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at all these old fat out of shape posters making fun of someone that’s also fat and out of shape. Dude at least looks like he can still put up mean numbers on the bench press. I’m 5’11 and an athletic 185, and I’m not making fun of him.

I'm 6'2 and 185. You sound like a fat ass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Gerry seems to be half enthusiastically selling Fasusi at best this morning. If Gerry is positive a guy like Fasusi is coming to Texas he is always preaching that the guy is the best thing since sliced bread. That does not bode well because it means Gerry knows something we don't and he is not sharing.

OTF has been indicating OU leads since the official visits. There’s been some talk that maybe it’s closer now but that’s it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll be honest, I didn't expect ya'll to go deep dive to his facebook. Sucks football didn't work out for him but I hope he's able to see he needs to lose weight before it takes him. As someone who has struggled with weight for 25 years, it's no joke. If access to world class nutrionists and trainers didn't help him, I'm not sure if anything will, but hoping for the best.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I thought his comments about Fasusi vs Lamont Rogers were interesting. Sounds like he views them very similarly.

30 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I think you picked up on something but might be reaching the wrong conclusion.  It looks to be more of a 50/50 than last month, but Gerry might not think that is ultimately a good thing for Texas.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like there are some concerns about Fasusi’s work ethic/mindset that Gerry cannot come out and say in the open because (a) his business requires maintaining positive relationships and (b) it would look really bad if he does indeed commit to Texas.  He compared Fasusi to Laremy Tunsil, but followed with something along the lines of “without the same can’t miss frame and athletic ability.”  Which makes it an interesting comparison.

or I could be reading into it too much.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I think you have the wrong take on Gerry. He’s become a bit more optimistic on Texas recruits since joining OTF and previously IT, but that mostly coincides with the Sark regime. 

He was bearish on Sanders the entire way, very high on Kevin Wynn, and some other examples I’m sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at all these old fat out of shape posters making fun of someone that’s also fat and out of shape. Dude at least looks like he can still put up mean numbers on the bench press. I’m 5’11 and an athletic 185, and I’m not making fun of him.

Lol “athletic 185” 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

I think you picked up on something but might be reaching the wrong conclusion.  It looks to be more of a 50/50 than last month, but Gerry might not think that is ultimately a good thing for Texas.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like there are some concerns about Fasusi’s work ethic/mindset that Gerry cannot come out and say in the open because (a) his business requires maintaining positive relationships and (b) it would look really bad if he does indeed commit to Texas.  He compared Fasusi to Laremy Tunsil, but followed with something along the lines of “without the same can’t miss frame and athletic ability.”  Which makes it an interesting comparison.

Now remember that there were some issues on Fasusi's visit to Texas and that he may have some maturity issues.

“ I couldn’t control the video getting out. Do I regret making the video? No, I don’t. Because I was having fun at that time. I had fun at Ole Miss.”

Sitting at a dais and fielding questions from reporters roughly 90 minutes after the drama first unfolded, and moments after the Dolphins mercifully rescued him from green room purgatory and he dapped up NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Tunsil looked like he had his shit together. He calmly, coolly, and honestly answered the inquiries. But internally he was a mess, and it was the last time he talked specifically about the incident on the record.

While he sweated through his dress shirt as if he had just been practicing for hours outside in Florida’s humidity, reporters fired question after question at Tunsil. Who leaked the video? Was that really him? How could this happen? And what about the text messages that leaked on IG alleging he received improper benefits at Ole Miss? Did he violate NCAA rules? The session with reporters lasted less than four minutes, but to Tunsil it felt like a lifetime.

“When is this shit going to be over with?” he remembers thinking. “I wish you would’ve seen under my suit I was sweating so bad. I really kept my poise, but inside I was really fucked up. I just wanted to get to a space with my family and friends and just unwind because that was a lot that night. That was a lot.”

The night was supposed to be a triumph for a kid from Lake City, Florida, who was a five-star offensive line prospect despite the fact he preferred playing defense. After three decorated seasons at Ole Miss, Tunsil declared for the draft and at one point ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. projected him to be the No. 1 pick.

Everything was cool in Chicago leading up to the start of the draft. Tunsil was living out a dream, feeling fresh, looking fly in a shawl collar jacket with a gold chain accentuating his fit, and laughing it up with his Ole Miss teammates Laquon Treadwell and Robert Nkemdichee, who were also projected to be first-round selections. Sitting in the green room as the draft was about to kick off, all was right in the world. The only thing he was worried about was going to a cold-weather city. Then came the tap.

Sexton told him not to panic. Tunsil immediately thought his social media accounts had been hacked because of the agent’s tone and because it happened to him before in middle school and high school. He expected it to be something minor and inconsequential. Sexton didn’t want Tunsil to react, since cameras were on him. He checked Twitter and saw the video—made a few years back on a random afternoon at Ole Miss when he was just doing college kid stuff in his dorm, comically taking a big rip from a gas mask bong—and he thought his dream of being a first-round pick was over.

6 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

it sounds like there are some concerns about Fasusi’s work ethic/mindset that Gerry cannot come out and say in the open because (a) his business requires maintaining positive relationships and (b) it would look really bad if he does indeed commit to Texas.  He compared Fasusi to Laremy Tunsil, but followed with something along the lines of “without the same can’t miss frame and athletic ability.”  Which makes it an interesting comparison.

This has been discussed a lot on the board already, and to answer @Hookem2147 you're exactly right. Both CTJ and Gerry have said that Fasusi fell in love with the benefits of partying as a student athlete at OU and thats when things started trending away. Lamont Rogers is a 1b to Fasusi 1a, but with Rodgers being more into football rather than just the benefits of being a student athlete which would make Rogers the better pick since he's all in on football.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I went to check out whatever comments you guys were discussing regarding Gerry and Fasusi and couldn't find shit. 

It was on the livestream this morning. Someone asked him if missing on Fasusi would be like missing on Kelvin Banks 3 years ago ( and he said he would have to see what Fasusi looked like on senior film compared to someone like Lamont Rogers, because he thought Banks' senior film is what really set him apart from everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Jesus no one gives a shit about all you fatties who think you’re not. 

I think the politically correct term is POHCI - person of high caloric intake.

14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Per his FB, he's living in Killeen and is engaged to be married.

438172577_1985227068599284_5506843344686

As a freshman, he had about the most developed physique I have ever seen on a prospect at that age. An absolute freak.

Unfortunately, Kendell had way more reps with his fork than he did with weights the rest of his HS career. By his senior year, he had to have a special order helmet and pants to play. He absolutely destroyed the side of the OL he faced, but he had a radius of about 2 yards to play, and he could only play about 3 consecutive downs.

Super nice kid. Borderline retarded.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Is this what the recruiting board looks like these days? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, Nahlin has capitulated on Fasusi and has optimism on Nick Brooks:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m 95% sure I’m going to be wrong on Michael Fasusi. The RPM should be on OU.

I don’t want to take anything away from OU — truly, they have done a great job— but I think Texas believes there are more pressing needs and likely won’t be all in. Keep in mind they love the roster and are focused on John Turntine in 2026.

I would put in an RPM for Texas and Nick Brooks but USC being the contender gives me some pause. From covering other recruitments I have a clear understanding of how aggressive they are. Texas is in good shape, though.

Just wait till they start with the cheese puns and the alan jackson songs with associated memories. You couldnt have come back at a better time.

• Haha 2

Flood has given us very little reason to doubt him, but this really needs/needed to be a two OT class after only taking 1 last year (Baker) and potentially only 1 or 2 the year before (Goosby, maybe Chatman). 

Hopefully they can stay on Rogers or find someone they like on senior film.

• Hook 'Em 3

Lotta short people here. That’s bringing a lot of things into focus, so it’s good info. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Miami has an allegedly ridiculous offer out there to Ffrench. As of now, seems like Ffrench would still prefer to leave the state and not go somewhere OOS with a lot of family around, like, say, Baton Rouge. 

He’d prefer, even apart from any allegedly ridiculous offers?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I went to check out whatever comments you guys were discussing regarding Gerry and Fasusi and couldn't find shit. 

Fasusi was shown a really good time in Norman. Texas, for better or worse, doesn't run the same type of visit these days. If that's enough to push him to OU, okay then. The guy isn't viewed as having a "football first" mentality but is still gifted enough that he could wind up in the NFL if he just keeps his shit together in college. He's a hard recruit to just write off, but there's more risk on him for a player of his athletic level than there should be. Conversely, Rogers is less physcially gifted but, as of his senior year, more interested than Fasusi is at excelling in football.

Other thoughts from bullshitting with friends:

Schlossnagle didn't honestly anticipate the opportunity to get Williams. Internally he was rated as a guy going pro and getting drafted high enough to justify it.

Miami has an allegedly ridiculous offer out there to Ffrench. As of now, seems like Ffrench would still prefer to leave the state and not go somewhere OOS with a lot of family around, like, say, Baton Rouge. 

There's still a lot going on with the DT stuff. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic if you need to be, including missing on Sanders, IMO. I'm from Missouri on the Fabulous Kenny Baker Boy at this point. 

Great inside info, thx.  What do you think the Miami NIL stuff these days?  legit?  So much noise about Ruiz trying to "Phil Knight" Miami into relevance, but I thought his company was being delisted and the SEC (not the conference) was investigating them.   After Rashada, I'm surprised that more people are not calling bs on them.

43 minutes ago, walker said:

Great inside info, thx.  What do you think the Miami NIL stuff these days?  legit?  So much noise about Ruiz trying to "Phil Knight" Miami into relevance, but I thought his company was being delisted and the SEC (not the conference) was investigating them.   After Rashada, I'm surprised that more people are not calling bs on them.

Rashada was UF, not Miami 

22 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Rashada was UF, not Miami 

Nah, man. Miami was his first commitment. That NIL situation blew up/UF offered more and then he committed to UF. Then that NIL situation blew up which led to his enrollment at ASU.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Is this what the recruiting board looks like these days? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, Nahlin has capitulated on Fasusi and has optimism on Nick Brooks:

Hide contents

I’m 95% sure I’m going to be wrong on Michael Fasusi. The RPM should be on OU.

I don’t want to take anything away from OU — truly, they have done a great job— but I think Texas believes there are more pressing needs and likely won’t be all in. Keep in mind they love the roster and are focused on John Turntine in 2026.

I would put in an RPM for Texas and Nick Brooks but USC being the contender gives me some pause. From covering other recruitments I have a clear understanding of how aggressive they are. Texas is in good shape, though.

Hey, look man, you left. This place hangs by a thread even with guys like you here. Any minute and this place can start chasing its tail over the dumbest shit ever.

1 hour ago, walker said:

Miami has more than Ruiz in NIL. They’ve got their reasons to be doubted but they’ve gotten better on that front. 

• Hook 'Em 2