Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

48 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Chace Sims, come on down? Wasn't his issue that we slow played him? 

Also isn't Landon Rink basically another Bryce Foster situation in that his family wants him there?

Huh?  I thought Rink was a Texas legacy and we passed on him bc he lacks the size we want on the DL.  His family would probably love for him to be at Texas but he’s not a take for us.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Huh?  I thought Rink was a Texas legacy and we passed on him bc he lacks the size we want on the DL.  His family would probably love for him to be at Texas but he’s not a take for us.  

Got it, I guess I got confused when I read he was a legacy. Thank you for the reminder.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:26 AM, LebongJames said:

To reiterate your point, some dipshit on the this board compared it to Cougar High. 

To be fair, there are a few similarities to compare. Academics just isn’t once of them. 

12 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

D'Antre Robinson to fix our DT woes? Nahhhh

I’d absolutely take him. Just offer him less than we offered him last year to transfer. 

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A Florida player

Stop. Quoting. Him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Lockett didn’t want to have to compete for oxygen with Moore. Johnson didn’t want to compete for oxygen with any of Lockett, Ffrench or Moore. 

Regarding Sims, I’d absolutely take that guy. 

I understand this, at one level. At another level, every other credible receiving threat makes you better both by gassing the secondary via depth and by preventing too much focus on you. But I get it. 

• Like 1

They don't need to take huge wr classes.  Grab a couple studs and then fill in the gaps from the portal.  Texas is going to have good receivers beating down their door every year wanting to transfer in.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We good at receiver. Fuck Moore. Enjoy the big10 

give me d linemen 

One thing to keep in mind. Other schools are still recruiting those 5 star wr and it wouldn’t shock me if 1 or both take more visits. Texas should absolutely continue to recruit Moore. Who knows what could happen.

I know this doesn’t go here but was ewers in the same class, before he skipped early? I remember there were people saying we should’ve gone to them after ewers went to Ohio state. (IIRC) I think one of them had Texas ties and Klub was in our backyard. Good thing everything worked out the way it should’ve.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wells said in an On3 video that Samples/Oregon are telling Barnes that Texas will "misuse" him that he'd be wasting his talent at Texas.

Yeah, because Oregon's defense is so much better. Ford was just drafted in the 5th. Johnny Nansen has 25 years of coaching experience with significant success as a defensive coordinator in the PAC10. Meanwhile, Oregon promoted an analyst, Brian Michalowski, as linebacker coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Yeah, he also implied that Barnes and his fam did not notify the Texas staff and perhaps are trying may be buying the negative recruiting or simply trying to up their NIL package.  Regardless, a bad look for a kid that has gone on multiple videos with ON3 about how he wanted to commit to be a leader in the class.  Just makes me think he’s full of it.  Sark has mentioned there are kids that say the right things and then change their tune and their recruitments become all about NIL.  Not saying this is the situation here but the whole thing is odd especially not telling the staff.  Either way, the way this season is looking, we may be cherry picking dudes by the end of the year.  Get on the boat now or go play out in the middle of no where on maybe the most overhyped team of the off season.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Longhornfrenzy posted it in the screenshot thread, but Brauny at Texags said we are in communication with Chase Sims and he never did said he wouldn't take a visit to Texas.

If Brauny is willing to tell their readers that, he gone!

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wells said in an On3 video that Samples/Oregon are telling Barnes that Texas will "misuse" him that he'd be wasting his talent at Texas.

Dumb mother fucker using 5-10 year old argument, lmao.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If Brauny is willing to tell their readers that, he gone!

Dumb mother fucker using 5-10 year old argument, lmao.

I'm going to laugh when those Oregon fuckwits lose to Boise State. 

Edited by Bevo14

Imagine barely. Barely fucking squeaking by the Idaho fucking vandals who I didn’t even know still had a football team and you negative recruit the 1 play from a national championship team hanging 52 and playing everyone to include walk ons 

that’s some balls.   Any kid believing it is fucking retarded 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1