Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, HoustonHorn said:

Apparently this kid is starting to pick up offers but only just started playing. Tobi Haastrup. Track guy but 6'4", 225 pounds. First varsity game had 7 tackles and 5 sacks.

Scouting Report

H.S. Athletic Background

Originally from London. Did not play football until his senior year of high school. Played soccer through junior high and also competes in track and field.
-----
TRACK & FIELD
High school and AAU competitor who's recorded a 10.93 100, a 21.89 200, and a 52-foot shot put rep.
- Gabe Brooks

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This morning I saw a very positive data point in favor of Baker. On a third down play deep in Texas territory, Michigan brings in Orji for QB power run. Texas plays it straight up, Michigan’s G-C-G block down on Broughton and Collins. Both completely whip the three interior lineman and both make the tackle on Orji behind the line. Camera goes to a close up on Sark who yells “Fuck yes!”.  It would not have been played better if Murphy and Sweat were on the field. 

Baker has Broughton playing like a legit, all conference caliber player right now. And it wasn’t obvious that Broughton was going to be that good this year.  Big time data point on player development for Baker. 

Also, he doesn’t wear sweatshirts in 100 degree August weather.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

They're dogshit and fuck everybody that chanted secsecsec at the game.

This had almost nothing to do with the SEC and everything to do with rubbing it in Yormark's bloodless face as he stood on the stage. 

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, BigDSteve said:

Sorry if this is well known, but someone had a spreadsheet tracking eligibility by position that included recruits. I am trying to get a sense of what needs are left vs the depth chart.

Thanks in advance!

Sark, is that you?

Username checks out.

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Horrible idea. This high level commit will take attention away from Arch which will surely piss off his family. And you know how apoplectic they already are about Arch not getting to kneel out the game in Ann Arbor. 

huge risk. Huuuuuuuuuuge. 

God that was so stupid yesterday

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Horrible idea. This high level commit will take attention away from Arch which will surely piss off his family. And you know how apoplectic they already are about Arch not getting to kneel out the game in Ann Arbor. 

huge risk. Huuuuuuuuuuge. 

lol. what did i miss?

• Like 1

An 

7 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

lol. what did i miss?

An Irish person decided it would be a great idea to try and destroy the awesome buzz we all had from the game by making up a stupid fantasy issue with Arch Manning that didn’t exist. One of the dumbest posts this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

An 

An Irish person decided it would be a great idea to try and destroy the awesome buzz we all had from the game by making up a stupid fantasy issue with Arch Manning that didn’t exist. One of the dumbest posts this year. 

Don't be daft. There's been plenty of shitty posts before Sept, and probably worse...by me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

An 

The best part was when someone then chimed in with something like "Well fuck him then, let him transfer!". All just completely made up. 

6 hours ago, BigDSteve said:

Sorry if this is well known, but someone had a spreadsheet tracking eligibility by position that included recruits. I am trying to get a sense of what needs are left vs the depth chart.

Thanks in advance!

You probably mean this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

As always, props to @AP101S, who created and maintains it. Should be pinned at the top of the recruiting board, IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
Javion Hilson just decommited from FSU emoji102.png

So we won't need cats, Kate, CFS or McRibs to pull in a top 5 (maybe numero uno) class? I don't know what to do with my hands.

Start a petition to keep arch from transferring, quickly. I read somewhere that he’s probably already in the portal. 

• Haha 3