Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

11 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Why the fuck is Moore still being talked about?  Worse yet, here comes the fucking geography discussion.

how many hours did you live from where you applied to school?

Edited by futureman

46 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Yeah, but that's the Joe Bloggs answer. Based on my calculations, he's from somewhere along the stretch of highway between Churchill Falls and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland. A DNA test would likely reveal markers of Labrador Inuit genetics.

I haven't heard a Joe Bloggs reference in a while.

25 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

One of CHIEF Jr.'s roommates his freshman year at UTD, was a homebody, and a recluse. You could see his house from the dorm room. His parents told him, when they dropped him off, that in no certain terms he was not to show back up at home unless it was for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

CHIEF

How old are you that your kid roomed with Futureman? Does ArmyBrat have some competition?

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Likely the latter. However it could be neither. Sometimes people just want their independence from their family, especially one that large. Personally I'd love to have my grandma in the same city and getting a "have you eaten?" Text from her. But I guess that puts a damper on being a ladies man in college.

tumblr_m58e29LQyr1qb4mxmo1_250.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, CHIEF said:

One of CHIEF Jr.'s roommates his freshman year at UTD, was a homebody, and a recluse. You could see his house from the dorm room. His parents told him, when they dropped him off, that in no certain terms he was not to show back up at home unless it was for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

CHIEF

Bet there was some freaky stuff going on at that house with those open nesters. Swingers parties, furries, and more.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I only go back after the fact. Anything less than an opening kick touchdown signals imminent collapse, failure, and loss. 

Reddit game threads are worse because third party fanbases post. So it is amplified 10x.

Just now, linux said:

Reddit game threads are worse because third party fanbases post. So it is amplified 10x.

I only go to Reddit for arcane or very specific technical questions. That usually involves so many jackasses that I couldn’t imagine being around shit talking idiots on a college football sub.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I only go to Reddit for arcane or very specific technical questions. That usually involves so many jackasses that I couldn’t imagine being around shit talking idiots on a college football sub.

I am still enjoying that revenge.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM paid desperate bag money to a handler in order to land DJ Sanders in an effort to stem UT recruiting momentum. They basically got Sims for free earlier in the cycle because Texas ignored him. Specifically, Sarkisian and Banks ignored Sims and didn’t let a visit get scheduled. 

Wrapped in all of that absurdity is that Sims is a much better prospect than Sanders. Whoops. 

Gerry said Sims face timed with Sark and Baker Wednesday night.  What would the reasoning be for the renewed interest?  Has the staff been in communication since missing out on guys back in the summer/Brown's flip?  Sims looks pretty dang good to me, glad we are back on him no matter how it came about.

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Gerry said Sims face timed with Sark and Baker Wednesday night.  What would the reasoning be for the renewed interest?  Has the staff been in communication since missing out on guys back in the summer/Brown's flip?  Sims looks pretty dang good to me, glad we are back on him no matter how it came about.

Just spitballin' but if we want 5 DTs, I would expect that some will be developmental, high upside guys - they won't all be high 4 and 5 star recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Just spitballin' but if we want 5 DTs, I would expect that some will be developmental, high upside guys - they won't all be high 4 and 5 star recruits.

I mean, I don't know that they couldn't land 5 high 4 star and 5 star recruits at DT with the way recruiting is trending. 

Mbatchou is definitely a project, which shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. It’s not a criticism, just a fact based on his lack of any experience. His Hudl shows a big kid who doesn’t really know where to go. A lump of clay to be molded, and should he pick us, we’ll see what kind of artist/sculptor Kenny Baker is.

26 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Mbatchou is definitely a project, which shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. It’s not a criticism, just a fact based on his lack of any experience. His Hudl shows a big kid who doesn’t really know where to go. A lump of clay to be molded, and should he pick us, we’ll see what kind of artist/sculptor Kenny Baker is.

I think we're already starting to see it with Baker, evidenced by #45.  Very surprising this season.

• Hook 'Em 8

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It's the fucking worst. Imagine SEC Rant,  but they procreated and they're all even dumber from all fan bases. 

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

“I saw the All American in the marble and carved until I set him free.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

OTF believes Sims wants to be a Texas Longhorn. If the visit goes well and Texas makes the final push, I'm putting it at 80% that Sims flips to the Horns.

80% on a flip seems pretty bold unless they have really solid info 

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It sounds like he would have never committed to atm if he had gotten a Texas offer.

We offered back in the spring I believe or maybe when Bo was still here?  CTJ said we weren't really pushing in the summer, but looks like things have picked up.  He'd be a real nice flip, I think he's the best DL commit in the aggy class.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mississippi State expected visitor list (this will expand)

Javion Hilson, EDGE, Cocoa (Fla.) High
Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Myron Charles, DL, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle - Texas A&M commit
Walter Mathis Jr., Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day - LSU commit (*maybe)

DL weekend. That'll be a fun agenda.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry likes Sims and Guidry in state the most. More than he likes Sanders and Williams, though he didn't name their names.

He's never been as high on Williams as others. Doesn't think he loves football and doesn't think he's got the physical tools to overcome that problem. Bo Davis has always had a thing for Williams though, so that will be interesting to watch. 

Sanders is actually a good fit at ATM if they'll develop him. That guy will not be ready to play for two seasons unless he self-starts a crazy body makeover.

The thing about Guidry and Sims in the winter and spring of this past period was that Sarkisian and Banks were star gazing and things also looked good with the guys Bo Davis was on until he left. 

If they're about to land Wynn, Mbatchou, or Mathis, I assume the only way both Guidry and Sims are on the table is if Texas wants to take 5. 

10 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

I can’t wait for all the corners to start visiting! You can tell from how Gerry is talking there are guys that are gonna be in for one of these weekends that they haven’t mentioned. Sanchez might be a pipe dream but he seems pretty confident in em getting additions to that room. 

I don't know how much we're going to be able to read from it, but the recruits attending the Georgia game could be something mind-blowing, including a number of surprises. Does anyone know if there's a chance that's a night game?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's never been as high on Williams as others. Doesn't think he loves football and doesn't think he's got the physical tools to overcome that problem. Bo Davis has always had a thing for Williams though, so that will be interesting to watch. 

Sanders is actually a good fit at ATM if they'll develop him. That guy will not be ready to play for two seasons unless he self-starts a crazy body makeover.

The thing about Guidry and Sims in the winter and spring of this past period was that Sarkisian and Banks were star gazing and things also looked good with the guys Bo Davis was on until he left. 

If they're about to land Wynn, Mbatchou, or Mathis, I assume the only way both Guidry and Sims are on the table is if Texas wants to take 5. 

I don't know how much we're going to be able to read from it, but the recruits attending the Georgia game could be something mind-blowing, including a number of surprises. Does anyone know if there's a chance that's a night game?

On the TexasFootball schedule, it says  Flex Window (2:30-7 p.m. CT) 

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s been a minute since my pessimistic self has entertained thoughts of Texas bodying the two current juggernaut programs, along with the defending national champions, in consecutive seasons, but here I am.

I’m trying to take small sips of the Kool-Aid, but humbling OU and beating UGA in front of a who’s who of recruits would be a pretty good way to move into the second half of the season.

I’m kind of liking this Sarkisian guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2