Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sometimes, it seems, Gerry gets tired of the bullshit he hears constantly from all sides. Posting a 100% confidence pick for Hudson to Tech last year is a good example of him getting tired of getting lied to and having to play nice to keep up appearances. He chose to burn a bridge involved with that recruitment in order to have a clearer path towards the truth in the future. 

Like that, I read today's update as a call out for some folks to put up or shut up. If you want us to mention you seriously as someone involved with Texas, then do something about it. Or, if you want us to take your efforts seriously to land one of these big flips, then get some of these fuckers on campus. Or both. 

I may not be correct in this case, but that's as likely as just not seeing a path for any of the No's or thinking that the staff really is done at DB.

I was surprised he had Faraimo as a no. From what I understood, Texas was slowly gaining. Some of the DB's who knows.. The rest made sense.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

My point, perhaps inarticulately delivered, is that the incessant refrain to "ignore him" is more tiresome than the thing itself. 

The points, perhaps inarticulately delivered, that the refrains to ignore have become tiresome, have become tiresome. 
image.jpeg.2c2b3febfa464e5de78bf2fcc8e07dc4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

One of those “No” recruits on Gerry’s list recently reached out to Texas to reengage but Texas didn’t seem too interested. Said recruit’s former teammate, who is now on the Texas roster,  then had a conversation with Jeff Banks on his behalf. Word is the recruit asked Texas to match the NIL proposal he currently has because he is interested in joining the Texas class. Apparently Banks is unsure and a little butt hurt about how the recruitment has been handled. The position coach would love the recruit but Jeff did a lot of work on the recruitment and the recruit resides in an area that Jeff has a lot of pull. 

All things hypothetical of course. 

Do you have MOORE info? 

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Who the list has teammates on the team? 

Fasusi - Burt? Are the the same Lewisville?

Sanchez bc North Shore?

It could only be Moore or McCutcheon. I mentioned up thread that Jackson was keeping conversations alive with McCutcheon but Sarkisian and Banks weren't really involved. Dude is committed to FSU. I'd be looking for a way out too. 

If it's Moore, knock me over with a feather. I don't see it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Seeing Madden Faraimo, Devin Sanchez, and Dorian Brew listed in the "no" column is a bit heart breaking. But the young talent in the backfield has looked pretty good so far (despite the lack of a real test), so maybe our resources and efforts are better spent shoring up other parts of the field. 

Still. It would be nice to get Sanchez. He's going to be a monster. 

9 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Seeing Madden Faraimo, Devin Sanchez, and Dorian Brew listed in the "no" column is a bit heart breaking. But the young talent in the backfield has looked pretty good so far (despite the lack of a real test), so maybe our resources and efforts are better spent shoring up other parts of the field. 

Still. It would be nice to get Sanchez. He's going to be a monster. 

No just means that a visit hasn't been scheduled.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This has probably been discussed but what ties does Sanchez have to Ohio State? We never seemed to have a shot.

Two things, he wanted to leave the state. Wanted to be far enough from home to "be on his own".  He also wanted to go where he would be developed for the NFL, he didn't feel Texas was that place.

His quote was: 

"Coming out of Texas is best for me because I feel like that's where the best DBs go. No disrespect to all those Texas schools down there — I mean, I go down and I see them all and I have fun with them. But I feel like me and the talent I have, I feel like coming to a school like Ohio State or Alabama, that's where I'm going to get developed."

He said Ohio State pursed him harder than anyone else and felt like home from day one. No ties originally.

This was mainly just a case of a kid being smart enough to know that a couple hundred miles from home wasn't far enough for him to have the life he wanted.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This has probably been discussed but what ties does Sanchez have to Ohio State? We never seemed to have a shot.

I mean they’re perennial CFP contenders, have put tons of players in the NFL, and never ever win less than 10 games. They don’t need any ties to attract players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Two things, he wanted to leave the state. Wanted to be far enough from home to "be on his own".  He also wanted to go where he would be developed for the NFL, he didn't feel Texas was that place.

His quote was: 

"Coming out of Texas is best for me because I feel like that's where the best DBs go. No disrespect to all those Texas schools down there — I mean, I go down and I see them all and I have fun with them. But I feel like me and the talent I have, I feel like coming to a school like Ohio State or Alabama, that's where I'm going to get developed."

He said Ohio State pursed him harder than anyone else and felt like home from day one. No ties originally.

This was mainly just a case of a kid being smart enough to know that a couple hundred miles from home wasn't far enough for him to have the life he wanted.

Sounds like that ass clown Adrian Peterson.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sounds like that ass clown Adrian Peterson.

guess we're about to win a national championship. It's gonna look extra dumb when we put the most players in the draft next year after producing 11 picks last year and one of them was a CB. Ohio State hasn't had a CB drafted in the last 3 years, and the last one was a 5th round pick. 

EDIT: Forgot to add that our draft pick transferred from that shithole. Guess he wanted to be developed.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I mean they’re perennial CFP contenders, have put tons of players in the NFL, and never ever win less than 10 games. They don’t need any ties to attract players. 

I mean they have been at the top of legal NIL and paying illegally for a very long time now.

It is a nothing quote like when Waddle said that he wanted to go to Alabama because of Hurts and Tua. Was it that Waddle? Did the $80K help make up your mind?

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I mean they have been at the top of legal NIL and paying illegally for a very long time now.

It is a nothing quote like when Waddle said that he wanted to go to Alabama because of Hurts and Tua. Was it that Waddle? Did the $80K help make up your mind?

Whatever his reasoning, it seems to have worked out just fine for Waddle.

Just now, Wishbone said:

Whatever his reasoning, it seems to have worked out just fine for Waddle.

It would have also worked out fine if he went to Appalachian State. He was a generational talent that would have succeeded anywhere but A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

guess we're about to win a national championship. It's gonna look extra dumb when we put the most players in the draft next year after producing 11 picks last year and one of them was a CB. Ohio State hasn't had a CB drafted in the last 3 years, and the last one was a 5th round pick.

It's a little easier sell given that in the past 10 years they've had 7 first round CBs drafted and will likely have another one in the upcoming draft.  It's actually a pretty incredible run of top talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry Hamilton

Texas Longhorns recruiting: Yes, maybe or no

In the latest OnTexasFootball look at whats left in the 2025 class currently, it's the recruiting game of Yes, maybe or no. 

The criteria this week is pretty simple. Yes is has a visit scheduled, and OTF currently really likes Texas' chances. Maybe is has has a visit scheduled or already made a visit, and the Horns have a realistic shot. No is there is not a visit currently scheduled, and there needs to be one for the flip or win to become realistic. 

Here is the latest installment of Yes, maybe or no with the understanding that the majority of these battles are national or SEC powers fights - and you will never win them all. 

Yes

Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle *Texas A&M commit 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Visit note: Sims is scheduled to OV to Texas during the season with Mississippi State weekend. Texas A&M hosts Saturday with hopes to slow the Texas Momentum. 

Maybe

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High *Texas A&M commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
The visit: Johnson told OTF he plans to attend the Georgia game October 19. 

Joseph Mbatchou, DL, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Visit notes: Made first visit to Texas last weekend. OV likely for Georgia game October 19. 

Walter Mathis, DL, Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day *LSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star++
Visit date: Unofficial visit to Texas scheduled for September 29 for the Mississippi State game. 

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County *FSU commit 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+
Visit note: Wynn is working to plan a visit to Texas, but Texas wants both parents to make the trip. 

Javion Hilson, EDGE, Cocoa (Fla.) High
Visit note: Expected to visit for the Mississippi State game.

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng, LB, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy
Visit note: Official visit scheduled for the Georgia game October 19th weekend. 

Michael Terry II, ATH, San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
Visit note: Texas expected to get another visit October 19 for the Georgia game.

No

Dallas Wilson, WR, Tampa (Fla.) Tech - *Oregon commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star

Dakorien Moore, WR, Duncanville (Texas) Tech - *Oregon commit

Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy - *FSU commit
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star+

Michael Fasusi, OT, Lewisville (Texas) Tech - *Oklahoma commit

Jahkeem Stewart, DL, New Orleans (La.) Edna Karr 
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star
Note: Stewart and his circle are in communication with Texas more the last two weeks. 

Zion Williams, DL, Lufkin (Texas) High *LSU commit 
Visit note: Williams has now talked to Texas about the possibility of a game visit, but nothing locked in as of Tuesday.

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) J Serra Catholic

Devin Sanchez, CB,  Houston (Texas) North Shore - *Ohio State commit

Dorian Brew, CB, Conroe (Texas) High - *Oregon commit

Dijon Lee, CB, Mission Viejo (Calif.) High - *Alabama commit

Na'eem Offord, CB, Birmingham (Ala.) High - *Ohio State commit

Cobey Sellers CB, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek - *Texas A&M commit

One more thing that sticks out to me is that some of the national guys like our chances to land Hilson quite a bit more than Gerry does at the moment. Hopefully that Fong Bomb is on target. 

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's a little easier sell given that in the past 10 years they've had 7 first round CBs drafted and will likely have another one in the upcoming draft.  It's actually a pretty incredible run of top talent.

Several of those guys were from Texas just to add to your solid point. Sark and co. have done a good job of turning the narrative but they still have plenty of work to do to remove the really, really, really shitty taste late mack, strong, and herman left in people's mouths regarding wasting elite talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

EDIT: Forgot to add that our draft pick transferred from that shithole. Guess he wanted to be developed.

I’ll be in attendance August 30th, 2025 to watch Arch and co beat the ever loving shit out of the jorts-wearing nut jobs.

15 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

I’ll be in attendance August 30th, 2025 to watch Arch and co beat the ever loving shit out of the jorts-wearing nut jobs.

Sanchez will fucking lock down whoever we have matched up against him. But I like our chances against the rest of their team. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

One of those “No” recruits on Gerry’s list recently reached out to Texas to reengage but Texas didn’t seem too interested. Said recruit’s former teammate, who is now on the Texas roster,  then had a conversation with Jeff Banks on his behalf. Word is the recruit asked Texas to match the NIL proposal he currently has because he is interested in joining the Texas class. Apparently Banks is unsure and a little butt hurt about how the recruitment has been handled. The position coach would love the recruit but Jeff did a lot of work on the recruitment and the recruit resides in an area that Jeff has a lot of pull. 

All things hypothetical of course. 

Does he not like pancakes?