Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

9 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Hopefully not sleeper agents secretly recruiting for other schools.

Man, don't put that shit out in 4 universe. 

8 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Elijah Griffin (composite no.1 DT) just committed to Georgia.  With 5 commits now on the d-line, maybe the interest from Terry is real.

It's real when he sees a stack of benjamins and lambos. I all seriousness, I do think we have a chance

Also, sorry for the multiple quotes, @SydneyCarton. I'm still working on it. 

5 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

We expecting any commitments this weekend? 

Btw, the Cocks are hammering OU. And South Carolina is also winning the football game…. 

I don't think we'll see anything with OU recruits this cycle.  Now in the 26' class, we should be able to get who we want between the two programs if this keeps up.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think we'll see anything with OU recruits this cycle.  Now in the 26' class, we should be able to get who we want between the two programs if this keeps up.

Yeah, I think the only guy that the coaches would be interested in is Fasusi, but they might have already moved on from him.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, I think the only guy that the coaches would be interested in is Fasusi, but they might have already moved on from him.

Fasusi loves what he sees. There will be day 1 snaps for him at tackle, and the team sucks so he won't have to work as hard and can enjoy that sweet, sweet OU meth partying. 

Why go to Texas and be expected to work your ass off just to maybe see the field in 2 years if you can beat out another 5 star when you don't have to do that?

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Fasusi loves what he sees. There will be day 1 snaps for him at tackle, and the team sucks so he won't have to work as hard and can enjoy that sweet, sweet OU meth partying. 

Why go to Texas and be expected to work your ass off just to maybe see the field in 2 years if you can beat out another 5 star when you don't have to do that?

Because the choice is going to Norman Oklahoma and losing 8 games for the next 3-4 years? 

LOL ... seven sacks for South Carolina against OU today.  Yeah, he'll do great there. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Because the choice is going to Norman Oklahoma and losing 8 games for the next 3-4 years? 

Exactly! Why would you want to go to Texas and develop under Kyle Flood for 4 years when you can go to Oklahoma, play from day 1, and get coached by 2 or 3 different OL coaches after they fire Venebles in a year or two? 

The choice is easy when you're Fasusi. 

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly! Why would you want to go to Texas and develop under Kyle Flood for 4 years when you can go to Oklahoma, play from day 1, and get coached by 2 or 3 different OL coaches after they fire Venebles in a year or two? 

The choice is easy when you're Fasusi. 

Honestly ---- especially with NIL in play ---- it's hard to understand the thought process of a recruit who gets offered by Sark and chooses to go anywhere else.

In Fasusi's case, let's see ... Austin or Norman?  Sark or Venables?  Program stability vs. a program that's cratering? Glorious Tex Mex or Oklahoma food?  

This goes for any 4-5 star recruit.  There's nothing bigger or better or richer than Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Honestly ---- especially with NIL in play ---- it's hard to understand the thought process of a recruit who gets offered by Sark and chooses to go anywhere else.

In Fasusi's case, let's see ... Austin or Norman?  Sark or Venables?  Program stability vs. a program that's cratering? Glorious Tex Mex or Oklahoma food?  

This goes for any 4-5 star recruit.  There's nothing bigger or better or richer than Texas. 

My guess is OU was willing to pay way more NIL because they desperately need legit OL talent while Texas was looking at market rate.

Yes, if all things were equal then the argument makes sense. But if OU is willing to overplay, it is a business decision to go to OU and start and if they tank transfer out for another payday for your Soph/Junior year and bounce to the league.

The real question needs to be how much is the delta between OU overpay and  a Texas offer really worth when compared to the intangibles that come from going to Texas under Flood and going to a mess in Norman.

You can bet on yourself and your film getting you out of Norman, but that is a ton of risk knowing that any new OC that is coming to OU is going to want their own guys, which may or may not include a new OL coach…

Re: Fasusi, are y’all totally shocked that a 17 year old might make an suboptimal decision? The guy fell in love with OU on his visit, knows he can play early, and that’s that.

By y’all’s logic, we should have never landed any top recruits while walking the wilderness under Strong and Herman. Yet we still did somehow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Sark showing what he learned while rehabbing as a coach in the SEC. Flex on your opponents every chance you get.

But I thought the SEC would shock Sark? Aggy said so. I know, he's been in the SEC, but has he, tho? Did he really win a championship with great players?