Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Lol, it's a habit I picked up posting in CR where a lot of disingenuous people are "just asking questions"

Sounds a little racist. Costa Ricans are no more disingenuous than Americans. They are inquisitive MFs though. Pura Vida.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

PS - not trying to bash the kid, just legit curios.

At the end of college, I worked for a friend’s family business, which was a small furniture store chain.

They sold new, cheap, low-end furniture, so when you mentioned “curios”, it took me back.

IMG_6040.thumb.jpeg.9aedf33472e41218eab4ad6bf65f8128.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

At the end of college, I worked for a friend’s family business, which was a small furniture store chain.

They sold new, cheap, low-end furniture, so when you mentioned “curios”, it took me back.

IMG_6040.thumb.jpeg.9aedf33472e41218eab4ad6bf65f8128.jpeg

Spelling was never my strong suit; hence I went into finance.  

But this reminds me of a buddy coming out of college who had worked as a DJ at weddings and such.  Anyway, he listed it as "Mobile DJ" on his resume and an interviewer asked him if it was difficult to DJ while suspended above a crib.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

just to clarify, by "OTF dudes" you are referring to the morons who post on that site and ask their dumb questions on the live stream every morning and not Gerry, Bobby, CJ, etc., correct?

one of those groups i take seriously, the other i do not.

Yes, correct. The idiots who actually ask the questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The idea of landing all three 5 stars is fun, but high school WR recruiting is the one spot that nobody should lose sleep over, ever. There will be countless portal options every year for a Sark offense.

Oh, absolutely. I think we land Moore and Ffrench and Lockett goes to LSU. We *might* land all three, but I highly, highly doubt it. 

And yeah, as for WR's, we've literally seen for 2 years now that super high level WR's from programs like UGA and Bama will jump ship to land here. But we need to land Moore if it's just 1 wr. We cannot let the #1 WR go anywhere else. It'll give me Garrett Wilson rage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Thiefery said:

A buddy of mine was saying the same thing after he watched OB.. apparently they were beating that dead horse of Moore to the buckeyes... despite their appointed recruiting guy said he was not buying it..

Friends don't let Friends OB

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is the biggest weekend of the year so far in terms of OVs and this thread barely registers a peep. 

Regarding Zion Williams and Brown, while LSU certainly thinks they’ve made their move, anyone thinking that Sarkisian isn’t going to take those recruitments personally hasn’t been paying attention. 

In regards to people visiting elsewhere? Or do you see the few we have coming in as some of the biggest targets?

Good primer on this OV weekend, from 247 Sports (spoilered).

6 visitors this weekend, 45 total OVs in June.  This weekend, the two big ones are DLs Myron Charles and Josiah Sharma.

Athlete Michael Terry III

EDGE Javion Hilson

Tight end Kaleb Edwards

DL Myron Charles

DL Josiah Sharma

Cornerback Caleb Chester. 

(Bit of trivia ... Will Stein - current Oregon OC - supposedly coached Jordan Scruggs at UTSA.)

Complete note - 

Texas official visit primer: Everything you need to know about this upcoming weekend's six visitors
An in-depth breakdown of everything you need to know about each of the six official visitors set to take in the Forty Acres this weekend.
Horns247 Staff

Spoiler

Texas official visit primer: Everything you need to know about this upcoming weekend's six visitors
An in-depth breakdown of everything you need to know about each of the six official visitors set to take in the Forty Acres this weekend.
Horns247 Staff

The most important part of the recruiting calendar's year is now upon us, as the Texas Longhorns are set to host six official visitors this coming weekend. 

Prospects will be arriving starting tomorrow morning and will spend time on the Forty Acres doing official visit activities until the recruiting weekend wraps up Sunday afternoon. 

Texas is currently scheduled to host a whopping 45 total official visitors this month alone, but only six of those forty five will be on campus for the first of the three June official visit weekends. 

Those six prospects include San Antonio Alamo Heights five-star athlete Michael Terry III, Cocoa (Fla.) High four-star EDGE Javion Hilson — Florida State commit, El Dorado Hills (Calif.) Oak Ridge four-star tight end Kaleb Edwards, Port Charlotte (Fla.) four-star defensive lineman Myron Charles, Folsom (Calif.) High three-star defensive lineman Josiah Sharma, and Fort Bend Marshall three-star cornerback Caleb Chester. 

It's a smaller group, but it holds enough potency for it to turn into one of the more important recruiting weekends of the year as Charles and Sharma make up two of the more important targets across the board due to how dominoes have fallen in defensive line recruiting over the years. 

Here's everything you need to know about the six prospects set to officially visit the Forty Acres this weekend. 

EL DORADO HILLS (CALIF.) OAK RIDGE 4-STAR TE KALEB EDWARDS
Kaleb Edwards
Kaleb Edwards (Photo: Edwards Photo)
Top schools: Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Texas, UCLA 

Official visits: UCLA (May 10-12), Texas (June 7-9), Auburn (June 11-13), Alabama (June 17-19), Oregon (June 21-23) 

Crystal Ball: N/A 

The skinny: Texas' tight end position saw an early additon in Emaree Winston from Georgia. While he's still committed, the Longhorns are looking at bringing in at least one more at the position. The two names of note in-state have been Kiotti Armstrong and Nick Townsend. The out-of-state target to watch has been Kaleb Edwards. The Golden State tight end got a sneak peek at his official visit for the Orange-White Game back in April. 

"I liked it. It was great," Edwards told Horns247. "The spring game was super fun. It's just great. I love all the coaches. The facilities are awesome. It's Texas football. It's huge around here."

Edwards hasn't made a formal top schools list, so his official visits are presumably the programs he's considering most. It's hard to get a great read on where he's leaning but Texas is absolutely a factor for him. (SOUTH)

PORT CHARLOTTE (FLA.) 4-STAR DL MYRON CHARLES

Myron Charles (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Top schools: Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Texas 

Official visits: Florida (May 31-June 2), Texas (June 7-9), Miami (June 14-16), Florida State (June 21-23) 

Crystal Ball: One prediction in favor of Florida State with a confidence level of six by Noles247's Zach Blostein. 

The skinny: You can expect Texas to sign more than two interior defensive linemen in the class of 2025. And Charles is one of the staff's top targets at the position. Entering the weekend, many believe Florida State is in the best position to keep him home. But the 6-foot-4, 295-pounder is checking all his boxes in the month of June. He, like Kaleb Edwards, already traveled to Austin this spring on an unofficial visit, and got a chance to spend time with new defensive line coach Kenny Baker. Texas would love to take hold of some momentum in Charles' recruitment this weekend. (SOUTH)

FOLSOM (CALIF.) HIGH 3-STAR DL JOSIAH SHARMA
Josiah Sharma
Josiah Sharma (Photo: Blair Angulo, 247Sports)
Top schools: Alabama, Oregon, Texas, Washington

Official visits: Washington (April 26-28), Texas (June 7-9), Oregon (June 14-16), Alabama (June 21-23)

The skinny: One of the more intriguing prospects in the nation with Sharma being 6-foot-5, 295 pounds and a former offensive lineman turned defensive lineman with his best football in front of him, Sharma is one of the top priority out-of-state targets for Texas in 2025. Alabama has been thought by some to be the favorite in the recruitment for quite a while with Sharma being a former Washington commit when Kalen DeBoer was still coaching the Huskies. However, a west coast source I spoke with earlier today believes the Longhorns are currently in pole position ahead of Alabama and Oregon. The source believes the burnt orange passed up the Crimson Tide on the pecking order following the trip Sharma and his mother took to the Forty Acres on Mar. 29, and that Texas has maintained their leading position through the spring. All of that said, this could still be a rollercoaster of a next month with Sharma planning on committing in the first week of July. Following Sharma camping in Eugene just recently, the Ducks have really turned up the heat on the California native and got an official visit scheduled with Sharma before he left campus after working out. 

While we're here it's important to highlight that Folsom high school is also home to Ryder Lyons, who happens to be 247Sports' No. 7 overall prospect in the 2026 class and also Oregon's No. 1 priority target across the board for the rising junior class. Dan Lanning and Co. would love to add Sharma for his talent and because it could boost their chances with Lyons going forward, and the Ducks have shown before they're willing to get aggressive as well. That's definitely notable, because Oregon is one of a select few schools that can actually compete and potentially beat Texas in the NIL game. Alabama has the longest standing relationships with Sharma and his mother, but the source I spoke with believes the Crimson Tide are still currently behind the Longhorns heading into this weekend. Proximity to home in this recruitment will be important, but not as important as it'll be for other prospects the Longhorns are after in 2025. With it being the last month of Sharma having an open recruitment before coming to a decision in the first week of July, the next few weeks are sure to be filled with ups and downs as high priority defensive line prospects usually have somewhat drama filled recruitments due to the defensive line position holding more NIL value than any position in College Football after quarterback and left tackle. (SCRUGGS)

COCOA (FLA.) 4-STAR EDGE JAVION HILSON — FLORIDA ST. COMMIT
Javion Hilson
Javion Hilson (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Top schools: Committed to Florida State 

Official visits: Florida (May 31-June 2), Texas (June 7-9), UCF (June 14-16), Florida State (June 21-23) 

The skinny: Hilson is one of five edge rusher targets the Texas staff has honed in on in the class of 2025, as things stand. He recently spoke about his interest in the Longhorns with 247Sports.

"I was going to visit Bama that weekend, but now I am going to do that one in the season. I am going to Texas now instead that weekend. (Texas is) right behind Florida as far as teams pushing to get me. Florida and Texas show a lot of love. I am really OV'ing to teams who came to a spring practice. Bama did too, but Texas came first. They show a lot of love. Coach PK (Pete Kwiatkowski), the outside linebackers coach at Texas shows a lot of love. They been trying to get me bad too. They been battling, hitting my phone up. Trying to let me know they want me bad. That's why I scratched Bama, and put them in the season and added Texas for an OV."

How much of a flip threat Texas is here will likely be determined this weekend. For now Florida appears to be the biggest threat to their rival Seminoles in the race for Hilson. That could change this weekend. (SOUTH)

FORT BEND MARSHALL 3-STAR CB CALEB CHESTER

Caleb Chester (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Top schools: Arkansas, LSU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M

Official visits: TCU (May 3-5), Texas (June 7-9), Texas A&M (June 14-16), Arkansas (June 21-23)

Crystal Ball: Two predictions in favor of Texas with a confidence level of six by both of Horns247's Hank South and Jordan Scruggs. 

The skinny: This recruitment has long been anticipated to come down to the two Lone Star State rivals of Texas and Texas A&M, and with the decision set to come before the start of his senior season, Horns247 would be very surprised if the commitment isn't for Texas. The Aggies currently hold four commitments at the cornerback position in 2025, and with all four pledges being Top247 rated prospects, we'd be pretty shocked if Chester chose to continue his career in College Station. LSU at times has run hot and cold in the recruitment, and although they're technically in his top five, Chester didn't make it to Baton Rouge last weekend for his once scheduled official visit to LSU, meaning we don't see the Bayou Bengals as a potential dark horse anymore. 

When speaking with sources in Houston throughout the spring, I never heard Arkansas or TCU be talked about in the same realistic contending tier as the Aggies and Longhorns, but again this has long been anticipated to come down to Texas and Texas A&M like we've reported for nearly a year. Outside of the decision coming prior to his senior season, Chester doesn't have anything else with his timeline finalized. That said, we're not necessarily expecting it, but Horns247 wouldn't be surprised if the Missouri City native ends up committing to Texas this weekend and ultimately forgoing the rest of his two scheduled official visits to Texas A&M and Arkansas. (SCRUGGS)

SAN ANTONIO ALAMO HEIGHTS 5-STAR ATH MICHAEL TERRY III

Michael Terry III (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
Top schools: Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M

Official visits: Nebraska (April 26-28), Texas (June 7-9), Texas A&M (June 13-15)

The skinny: This has been one of the most unordinary recruitments I've ever covered, and largely because most people have differing opinions of what position he would best project too, including the coaches recruiting him. Nebraska likes him as a jumbo slot wide receiver, Oregon likes him as a running back, Texas likes him on defense, and Texas A&M likes him as a wide receiver but more so an offensive swiss army knife. Terry prefers the offensive side of the ball, and on top of that would prefer to play running back rather than receiver. That being said, Texas has the least amount of buzz out of his top four as we enter this official visit weekend. With Texas recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball, we're not expecting him to end up with the Longhorns. It'll be interesting to see what ends up happening with him and his recruitment, as the decision could come down to the three schools in the top four that aren't Texas. Oregon has a lot of ties to the Lone Star State with Ra'Shaad Samples being the running backs coach, but more specifically the Ducks ties to the San Antonio area as well. 

Oregon's offensive coordinator Will Stein arrived in Eugene after several years at UTSA, where prior to being in the Alamo City he spent two years as the offensive coordinator at Lake Travis high school where he coached Hudson Card, Garrett Wilson, and yours truly (lol). Stein was a GA on the Tom Herman Texas staff before moving out further west in Austin to coach the Cavs. Stein was on staff with the Roadrunners when Terry received his first offer by way of UTSA in the summer of 2021, and the Ducks also have Tyler Turner on the roster who hails from San Antonio and has a longstanding relationship with Terry as well. He's been to Oregon once for an unofficial in May, and while the Ducks aren't officially on the books for an official visit quite yet, it's likely Terry ends up using his open June 21-23 weekend to return to Eugene for his last official visit before coming to a summer decision. Nebraska already hosted Terry for an OV back in April when he saw Lincoln during the Huskers' spring game weekend, and they've been the most consistent program throughout the recruitment when it comes to showing Terry he is a true priority on the offensive side of the ball. The Aggies see Terry as a receiver that'll be utilized in Collin Klein's offense as a swiss army knife, and some think that Texas A&M will end up winning out with the massive boost of holding a great proximity advantage over Nebraska and Oregon. Terry grew up pulling for the Longhorns with both of his parents being fans of the program, but it's never felt like Texas and the Terry crew have been on the same page when it comes to positional preference. Some will find problems with that last sentence, but it's important to remember that Texas is very much in the thick of it for three of 247Sports' top four ranked wide receiver prospects and has a solid running back duo already committed as well. (SCRUGGS)

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is the biggest weekend of the year so far in terms of OVs and this thread barely registers a peep. 

Regarding Zion Williams and Brown, while LSU certainly thinks they’ve made their move, anyone thinking that Sarkisian isn’t going to take those recruitments personally hasn’t been paying attention. 

Surprise Threaten GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Good primer on this OV weekend, from 247 Sports (spoilered).

6 visitors this weekend, 45 total OVs in June.  This weekend, the two big ones are DLs Myron Charles and Josiah Sharma.

Athlete Michael Terry III

EDGE Javion Hilson

Tight end Kaleb Edwards

DL Myron Charles

DL Josiah Sharma

Cornerback Caleb Chester. 

(Bit of trivia ... Will Stein - current Oregon OC - supposedly coached Jordan Scruggs at UTSA.)

Complete note - 

Horns247 Staff

Reveal hidden contents

Horns247 Staff

The most important part of the recruiting calendar's year is now upon us, as the Texas Longhorns are set to host six official visitors this coming weekend. 

Prospects will be arriving starting tomorrow morning and will spend time on the Forty Acres doing official visit activities until the recruiting weekend wraps up Sunday afternoon. 

Texas is currently scheduled to host a whopping 45 total official visitors this month alone, but only six of those forty five will be on campus for the first of the three June official visit weekends. 

Those six prospects include San Antonio Alamo Heights five-star athlete Michael Terry III, Cocoa (Fla.) High four-star EDGE Javion Hilson — Florida State commit, El Dorado Hills (Calif.) Oak Ridge four-star tight end Kaleb Edwards, Port Charlotte (Fla.) four-star defensive lineman Myron Charles, Folsom (Calif.) High three-star defensive lineman Josiah Sharma, and Fort Bend Marshall three-star cornerback Caleb Chester. 

It's a smaller group, but it holds enough potency for it to turn into one of the more important recruiting weekends of the year as Charles and Sharma make up two of the more important targets across the board due to how dominoes have fallen in defensive line recruiting over the years. 

Here's everything you need to know about the six prospects set to officially visit the Forty Acres this weekend. 

EL DORADO HILLS (CALIF.) OAK RIDGE 4-STAR TE KALEB EDWARDS
Kaleb Edwards
Kaleb Edwards (Photo: Edwards Photo)
Top schools: Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Texas, UCLA 

Official visits: UCLA (May 10-12), Texas (June 7-9), Auburn (June 11-13), Alabama (June 17-19), Oregon (June 21-23) 

The skinny: Texas' tight end position saw an early additon in Emaree Winston from Georgia. While he's still committed, the Longhorns are looking at bringing in at least one more at the position. The two names of note in-state have been Kiotti Armstrong and Nick Townsend. The out-of-state target to watch has been Kaleb Edwards. The Golden State tight end got a sneak peek at his official visit for the Orange-White Game back in April. 

"I liked it. It was great," Edwards told Horns247. "The spring game was super fun. It's just great. I love all the coaches. The facilities are awesome. It's Texas football. It's huge around here."

Edwards hasn't made a formal top schools list, so his official visits are presumably the programs he's considering most. It's hard to get a great read on where he's leaning but Texas is absolutely a factor for him. (SOUTH)

PORT CHARLOTTE (FLA.) 4-STAR DL MYRON CHARLES

Myron Charles (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Top schools: Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Texas 

Official visits: Florida (May 31-June 2), Texas (June 7-9), Miami (June 14-16), Florida State (June 21-23) 

Crystal Ball: One prediction in favor of Florida State with a confidence level of six by Noles247's Zach Blostein. 

The skinny: You can expect Texas to sign more than two interior defensive linemen in the class of 2025. And Charles is one of the staff's top targets at the position. Entering the weekend, many believe Florida State is in the best position to keep him home. But the 6-foot-4, 295-pounder is checking all his boxes in the month of June. He, like Kaleb Edwards, already traveled to Austin this spring on an unofficial visit, and got a chance to spend time with new defensive line coach Kenny Baker. Texas would love to take hold of some momentum in Charles' recruitment this weekend. (SOUTH)

FOLSOM (CALIF.) HIGH 3-STAR DL JOSIAH SHARMA
Josiah Sharma
Josiah Sharma (Photo: Blair Angulo, 247Sports)
Top schools: Alabama, Oregon, Texas, Washington

Official visits: Washington (April 26-28), Texas (June 7-9), Oregon (June 14-16), Alabama (June 21-23)

The skinny: One of the more intriguing prospects in the nation with Sharma being 6-foot-5, 295 pounds and a former offensive lineman turned defensive lineman with his best football in front of him, Sharma is one of the top priority out-of-state targets for Texas in 2025. Alabama has been thought by some to be the favorite in the recruitment for quite a while with Sharma being a former Washington commit when Kalen DeBoer was still coaching the Huskies. However, a west coast source I spoke with earlier today believes the Longhorns are currently in pole position ahead of Alabama and Oregon. The source believes the burnt orange passed up the Crimson Tide on the pecking order following the trip Sharma and his mother took to the Forty Acres on Mar. 29, and that Texas has maintained their leading position through the spring. All of that said, this could still be a rollercoaster of a next month with Sharma planning on committing in the first week of July. Following Sharma camping in Eugene just recently, the Ducks have really turned up the heat on the California native and got an official visit scheduled with Sharma before he left campus after working out. 

While we're here it's important to highlight that Folsom high school is also home to Ryder Lyons, who happens to be 247Sports' No. 7 overall prospect in the 2026 class and also Oregon's No. 1 priority target across the board for the rising junior class. Dan Lanning and Co. would love to add Sharma for his talent and because it could boost their chances with Lyons going forward, and the Ducks have shown before they're willing to get aggressive as well. That's definitely notable, because Oregon is one of a select few schools that can actually compete and potentially beat Texas in the NIL game. Alabama has the longest standing relationships with Sharma and his mother, but the source I spoke with believes the Crimson Tide are still currently behind the Longhorns heading into this weekend. Proximity to home in this recruitment will be important, but not as important as it'll be for other prospects the Longhorns are after in 2025. With it being the last month of Sharma having an open recruitment before coming to a decision in the first week of July, the next few weeks are sure to be filled with ups and downs as high priority defensive line prospects usually have somewhat drama filled recruitments due to the defensive line position holding more NIL value than any position in College Football after quarterback and left tackle. (SCRUGGS)

COCOA (FLA.) 4-STAR EDGE JAVION HILSON — FLORIDA ST. COMMIT
Javion Hilson
Javion Hilson (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Top schools: Committed to Florida State 

Official visits: Florida (May 31-June 2), Texas (June 7-9), UCF (June 14-16), Florida State (June 21-23) 

The skinny: Hilson is one of five edge rusher targets the Texas staff has honed in on in the class of 2025, as things stand. He recently spoke about his interest in the Longhorns with 247Sports.

"I was going to visit Bama that weekend, but now I am going to do that one in the season. I am going to Texas now instead that weekend. (Texas is) right behind Florida as far as teams pushing to get me. Florida and Texas show a lot of love. I am really OV'ing to teams who came to a spring practice. Bama did too, but Texas came first. They show a lot of love. Coach PK (Pete Kwiatkowski), the outside linebackers coach at Texas shows a lot of love. They been trying to get me bad too. They been battling, hitting my phone up. Trying to let me know they want me bad. That's why I scratched Bama, and put them in the season and added Texas for an OV."

How much of a flip threat Texas is here will likely be determined this weekend. For now Florida appears to be the biggest threat to their rival Seminoles in the race for Hilson. That could change this weekend. (SOUTH)

FORT BEND MARSHALL 3-STAR CB CALEB CHESTER

Caleb Chester (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Top schools: Arkansas, LSU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M

Official visits: TCU (May 3-5), Texas (June 7-9), Texas A&M (June 14-16), Arkansas (June 21-23)

Crystal Ball: Two predictions in favor of Texas with a confidence level of six by both of Horns247's Hank South and Jordan Scruggs. 

The skinny: This recruitment has long been anticipated to come down to the two Lone Star State rivals of Texas and Texas A&M, and with the decision set to come before the start of his senior season, Horns247 would be very surprised if the commitment isn't for Texas. The Aggies currently hold four commitments at the cornerback position in 2025, and with all four pledges being Top247 rated prospects, we'd be pretty shocked if Chester chose to continue his career in College Station. LSU at times has run hot and cold in the recruitment, and although they're technically in his top five, Chester didn't make it to Baton Rouge last weekend for his once scheduled official visit to LSU, meaning we don't see the Bayou Bengals as a potential dark horse anymore. 

When speaking with sources in Houston throughout the spring, I never heard Arkansas or TCU be talked about in the same realistic contending tier as the Aggies and Longhorns, but again this has long been anticipated to come down to Texas and Texas A&M like we've reported for nearly a year. Outside of the decision coming prior to his senior season, Chester doesn't have anything else with his timeline finalized. That said, we're not necessarily expecting it, but Horns247 wouldn't be surprised if the Missouri City native ends up committing to Texas this weekend and ultimately forgoing the rest of his two scheduled official visits to Texas A&M and Arkansas. (SCRUGGS)

SAN ANTONIO ALAMO HEIGHTS 5-STAR ATH MICHAEL TERRY III

Michael Terry III (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
Top schools: Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M

Official visits: Nebraska (April 26-28), Texas (June 7-9), Texas A&M (June 13-15)

The skinny: This has been one of the most unordinary recruitments I've ever covered, and largely because most people have differing opinions of what position he would best project too, including the coaches recruiting him. Nebraska likes him as a jumbo slot wide receiver, Oregon likes him as a running back, Texas likes him on defense, and Texas A&M likes him as a wide receiver but more so an offensive swiss army knife. Terry prefers the offensive side of the ball, and on top of that would prefer to play running back rather than receiver. That being said, Texas has the least amount of buzz out of his top four as we enter this official visit weekend. With Texas recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball, we're not expecting him to end up with the Longhorns. It'll be interesting to see what ends up happening with him and his recruitment, as the decision could come down to the three schools in the top four that aren't Texas. Oregon has a lot of ties to the Lone Star State with Ra'Shaad Samples being the running backs coach, but more specifically the Ducks ties to the San Antonio area as well. 

Oregon's offensive coordinator Will Stein arrived in Eugene after several years at UTSA, where prior to being in the Alamo City he spent two years as the offensive coordinator at Lake Travis high school where he coached Hudson Card, Garrett Wilson, and yours truly (lol). Stein was a GA on the Tom Herman Texas staff before moving out further west in Austin to coach the Cavs. Stein was on staff with the Roadrunners when Terry received his first offer by way of UTSA in the summer of 2021, and the Ducks also have Tyler Turner on the roster who hails from San Antonio and has a longstanding relationship with Terry as well. He's been to Oregon once for an unofficial in May, and while the Ducks aren't officially on the books for an official visit quite yet, it's likely Terry ends up using his open June 21-23 weekend to return to Eugene for his last official visit before coming to a summer decision. Nebraska already hosted Terry for an OV back in April when he saw Lincoln during the Huskers' spring game weekend, and they've been the most consistent program throughout the recruitment when it comes to showing Terry he is a true priority on the offensive side of the ball. The Aggies see Terry as a receiver that'll be utilized in Collin Klein's offense as a swiss army knife, and some think that Texas A&M will end up winning out with the massive boost of holding a great proximity advantage over Nebraska and Oregon. Terry grew up pulling for the Longhorns with both of his parents being fans of the program, but it's never felt like Texas and the Terry crew have been on the same page when it comes to positional preference. Some will find problems with that last sentence, but it's important to remember that Texas is very much in the thick of it for three of 247Sports' top four ranked wide receiver prospects and has a solid running back duo already committed as well. (SCRUGGS)

Was it UTSA or Lake Travis? He was a an analyst here for Strong and Herman and then took the LT OC job.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, bwub60 said:

Was it UTSA or Lake Travis? He was a an analyst here for Strong and Herman and then took the LT OC job.

Sorry, typo, you're correct.  Meant to say Lake Travis.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

If this thread is any indication, no one has been paying attention to recruiting.

But we have a firm grasp of chicken fried steak.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

If this thread is any indication, no one has been paying attention to recruiting.

What happened? I’m still trying to figure out what it is.

Maybe this recruiting class is just developing too slow, too many long periods where nothing is happening? Maybe the nature of 9.95ers have changed and they aren’t hyping recruiting enough? Did the transfer portal take all the juice out of HS recruiting? Or maybe the football team is just finally good so all of our hopes and attention are invested in the present instead of a couple of years in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Maybe this recruiting class is just developing too slow, too many long periods where nothing is happening? Maybe the nature of 9.95ers have changed and they aren’t hyping recruiting enough? Did the transfer portal take all the juice out of HS recruiting? Or maybe the football team is just finally good so all of our hopes and attention are invested in the present instead of a couple of years in the future.

Transfer portal took a lot of the excitement away for me personally. The stakes just aren’t that high anymore. That said, this thread will definitely gain a lot of traction throughout June. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

For me personally I think your last point has some merit. I know we need to sustain recruiting to keep our team stacked and bolster some weaker spots, but some combination of the team being good again and have coaches that seem to actually be trustworthy and can develop has me less emotionally invested than previous years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Colin Simmons, Ryan Wingo, Wardell Mack, Xavier Filsiame...

All dudes who were committed or leaning elsewhere this time last year. 

No, these numbnuts here worrying about recruiting now don't pay attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

For me personally I think your last point has some merit. I know we need to sustain recruiting to keep our team stacked and bolster some weaker spots, but some combination of the team being good again and have coaches that seem to actually be trustworthy and can develop has me less emotionally invested than previous years. 

And I think people still haven’t adjusted to it being summer for the big weeekends for recruiting and news instead of spring like it used to be. This thread will pick up for the next 2-3 months with loads of content and such. 

People still love recruiting, just think it’s quite around here because this is our smallest OV weekend and there is not a lot expectations for the guys visiting this week. Outside of Chester, I don’t expect anybody who is visiting this weekend to eventually commit to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 5

24 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

We're top 2-3 if not no. 1 in NIL, have a chance at the CFP, after already making the CFP last year, have signed top 5 classes the last 3 years, and have multiple future first round picks on the roster.

Maybe you're just handwringing for no reason.  Or you're just a whiner.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

We're top 2-3 if not no. 1 in NIL, have a chance at the CFP, after already making the CFP last year, have signed top 5 classes the last 3 years, and have multiple future first round picks on the roster.

He's not complaining about the class, he's saying this board has been unusually sleepy, which it has been.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

People still love recruiting, just think it’s quite around here because this is our smallest OV weekend and there is not a lot expectations for the guys visiting this week. Outside of Chester, I don’t expect anybody who is visiting this weekend to eventually commit to Texas. 

I guess people haven't really figured out the new recruiting calendar for Sark and crew. June is the big month, and particularly late June, followed by a handful of highly rated guys and national recruits trickling in throughout the fall. Sark is patient early and doesn't push for commits before the summer. Guys who do actually commit very early don't always have the greatest track record of sticking around. If we go through June/July and don't see a significant upswing in commits, then it would be time to panic. My guess we will be at 15-18 commits coming out of July while we fight for the big fish to top off the class. 

Edited by Vertigo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Reading comprehension not a strength of yours, I take it.

Edited by Lonestar88

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I think this guy is Texas good.

I can say that again. 

I think this guy is Texas good.

Hmm, the corner lining up inside the receiver on the wide side of the field looks familiar, but I just can't place where I've seen it before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Oh, boy ... this is hilarious.  Don't want to bury this in one of the other - even more obscure - threads.

(For those who didn't see the real version - the dopes on Jeopardy didn't know the answer.)

Not surprised. Jeopardy contestants' worst category has to be football, followed by sports in general. That dipshit Ken Jennings probably didn't know it either.

Edited by Bevo14

12 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Not surprised. Jeopardy contestants' worst category has to be football, followed by sports in general. That dipshit Ken Jennings probably didn't know it either.

Who are the Colorado Rockies?

No...sorry.

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I guess people haven't really figured out the new recruiting calendar for Sark and crew. June is the big month, and particularly late June, followed by a handful of highly rated guys and national recruits trickling in throughout the fall. Sark is patient early and doesn't push for commits before the summer. Guys who do actually commit very early don't always have the greatest track record of sticking around. If we go through June/July and don't see a significant upswing in commits, then it would be time to panic. My guess we will be at 15-18 commits coming out of July while we fight for the big fish to top off the class. 

I'm pretty sure at this point last year we had 3 commitments and they were Trey Owens, Aeryn Hampton and Hunter Moddon.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

So it's Ferraris and the city of Austin vs. a nice, refreshing dip in Bryan's finest power plant cooling pond. What's a recruit to do? 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

So it's Ferraris and the city of Austin vs. a nice, refreshing dip in Bryan's finest power plant cooling pond. What's a recruit to do?

Hey, some dudes like swimming until they glow. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1