Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

5 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

First, this whole ranking thing is sexist, degrading, and will soon fade from existence like the patriarchy that encouraged it. 

Second, how do you not have the little blond in front ranked #1? 

No shit!

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

First, this whole ranking thing is sexist, degrading, and will soon fade from existence like the patriarchy that encouraged it. 

His #1 is pretty strong though.  That said, overall, not a strong representation for UT.  A couple John Belushi reaction shots in there

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean, OU and us were doing stuff like this just last year. It's willful ignorance.

Nah, it’s not ignorance. It’s the same shit as Bohls asking if horns down will be a penalty, every preseason, when he knows damn well the rules haven’t changed. “Texas bad” gets clicks and that’s all they need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TXRed said:

How is a few players getting a cool car leased to them for use of their NIL bad for their future? This fucking guy. 

Does not compute. But let’s fly them out and give them free gear and let agents jump down their throat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TXRed said:

How is a few players getting a cool car leased to them for use of their NIL bad for their future? This fucking guy. 

I just think it’s stupid of him to make a comment like that when it involves Texas. Save it for Florida or any other school who deceives athletes about how much $$$ they will get or doesn’t educate them about finances and maximizing opportunities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

He's not complaining about the class, he's saying this board has been unusually sleepy, which it has been.

Well, it’s the summer. Why would people waste their time on their computer when they could be out doing things?

I have been watching the Mavericks & Stars on their playoff runs, just watched French Open Women’s Final, and am getting ready to waste my TV time on soccer.

Also, OTF is a believable source of information of recruiting information. When you have an information source that you can trust, there is less discussion instigated. Add to that the fact that we now trust the coaches for the most part.

Accurate Info + Trust In Coaches + Summer Activities & Distractions = LESS CHATTER

🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Tennessee fans are some dumb fuckers. Here's a Vol fan's response to Shannon Terry's tweet, and my response to that response.

Wreckless.jpg

Not to mention they're sending their kid to get permanent brain damage in exchange for money.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We also need to stop the rampant promotion of gambling on sports. This take brought to you by Draft Kings, deposit $500 and join in the seven way ultra parlay day now. 

For every $100 in loses we will touch your pee pee.

• Drool 1

51 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Well, it’s the summer. Why would people waste their time on their computer when they could be out doing things?

I have been watching the Mavericks & Stars on their playoff runs, just watched French Open Women’s Final, and am getting ready to waste my TV time on soccer.

Also, OTF is a believable source of information of recruiting information. When you have an information source that you can trust, there is less discussion instigated. Add to that the fact that we now trust the coaches for the most part.

Accurate Info + Trust In Coaches + Summer Activities & Distractions = LESS CHATTER

🤷‍♂️

Tell us more about your summertime tv watching habits. That shit is riveting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Tennessee fans are some dumb fuckers. Here's a Vol fan's response to Shannon Terry's tweet, and my response to that response.

Wreckless.jpg

Yes, fast food bags of illegal money are where we draw the line!

We used to have standards in the SEC!

Damn you, Snakey!

14 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Because she beautiful…..she fine. 

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

The hurt feelings from all around college football is gratifying. The NIL brought all of it out in the open and raised the limit to play. Now all these schools who for years played the same game, with fewer dollars,  all under the table are pissed. 

Gomer bought Eric Dickerson a Trans Am, they used FedEx to pay for players and bullshit jobs for family.  Bama said pale grants was why all their stars were rolling around in new cars, ou... Switzer rolled around, unabashed giving his players loads of money and booze, whatever they wanted. Stoops and Big Red Auto, the entire SEC. 

Go get every top player, Sark. Let's maybe roll into yachts as well. Whateverelse you can think of. 

Boy did I miss the bus on those.

4 hours ago, TXRed said:

I don't get the response. So Terry is all for athletes getting every penny they can, but if Texas adds leases for them to drive luxury vehicles, that is harmful?

And NFL players agree? The same NFL players that basically own 3 of those cars themselves? Did they do it right because they waited until they were a mature 21 years old?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We also need to stop the rampant promotion of gambling on sports. This take brought to you by Draft Kings, deposit $500 and join in the seven way ultra parlay day now. 

Hits close to home.  I was in a seven way at the home yesterday afternoon, but only three were able to somewhat execute.

53 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Have to land at least one of these guys.

Yeah, I didn't like @FreeHorn's comments. I think the staff is counting on at least one of these guys with Sharma seeming like the most likely.

16 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wreckless.jpg

“Wreckless” implies lack of wrecks, so you both are missing the points you are trying to make

30 minutes ago, Waterface said:

“Wreckless” implies lack of wrecks, so you both are missing the points you are trying to make

Whooosh! You made the exact same point that I --- using sarcasm ---- made to the Vol dumbass, which makes your comment that I missed the point I was trying to make doubly funny.

I put "Wreckless"  in quotation marks followed with a question mark, and then asked, using IRONY, why a parent would WANT his kid to wreck. 

When I tweeted it I thought it might go over the head of the Vol dumbass because he might not have realized that he misspelled "reckless" or understood how that misspelling made it an unintentional pun, but I didn't think it would go over the head of a fellow Longhorn. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Whooosh! You made the exact same point that I --- using sarcasm ---- made to the Vol dumbass, which makes your comment that I missed the point I was trying to make doubly funny.

I put "Wreckless"  in quotation marks followed with a question mark, and then asked, using IRONY, why a parent would WANT his kid to wreck. 

When I tweeted it I thought it might go over the head of the Vol dumbass because he might not have realized that he misspelled "reckless" or understood how that misspelling made it an unintentional pun, but I didn't think it would go over the head of a fellow Longhorn. 

jesus shut up already

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Waterface said:

change your name to waterhead then invent a time machine to go back and tell your mom not to drink a liter of vodka every day she was pregnant.  then study reading comprehension.  fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I didn't like @FreeHorn's comments. I think the staff is counting on at least one of these guys with Sharma seeming like the most likely.

I hope we sign all the DTs and DLine. Not saying it can’t happen but if Texas signs any of the linemen that are currently visiting it will be a come from behind win. Texas doesn’t/didnt lead for any of them heading into the weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 2