Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

not to buzz kill. But one of our boys on the list got popped on the Comal today.  Never try to save your drunk friend.  Most interesting thing to me was that you can be white and vomiting in front of the cops. And one goes free.  Sucks for the kid, but apparently there are/ were two silents he told me about.  like 30 seconds before it all went bad on the comal.

Sucks. I guess good for me that I am white, but New Braunfels is what is always has been.

in the end you guys would have been happy as shit with what I heard right before it all when bad.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, horn4life said:

not to buzz kill. But one of our boys on the list got popped on the Comal today.  Never try to save your drunk friend.  Most interesting thing to me was that you can be white and vomiting in front of the cops. And one goes free.  Sucks for the kid, but apparently there are/ were two silents he told me about.  like 30 seconds before it all went bad on the comal.

Sucks. I guess good for me that I am white, but New Braunfels is what is always has been.

in the end you guys would have been happy as shit with what I heard right before it all when bad.  

English or Arabic please 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I'm not a Doctor or anything but this seems like a bad idea to be posting this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, horn4life said:

English mother fucker do you speak it? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

I'm not a Doctor or anything but this seems like a bad idea to be posting this. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm a doctor and this is an awful idea to be posting this.

I don’t even know what he posted.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MontereyMX said:

English or Arabic please 

Fortunately, I speak jive and am fluent in Horn4Life, having been exposed to his rarefied dialect since the Hornfans days.

I BELIEVE that he's saying that he heard that one of the recruits we're trying to get to come to Austin got arrested on the Comal river today.  My guess is that he got arrested for coming to the aid of the other recruit, who was either drunk or maybe committing some minor infraction (not clear).  Horn4life guesses that, if the recruit who got arrested had been white, he gets off scott free. Right before this happened, he'd heard that we had two silent commits. We would all be extremely happy with what Horn4Life heard regarding the commits in question right before the shit on the Comal went down.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

LSU must have hired Daylon Mack as a recruiting staffer. Not sure I’d be taking credit for running that shithole state.

Running Louisiana is the equivalent of a participation trophy.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Fortunately, I speak jive and am fluent in Horn4Life, having been exposed to his rarefied dialect since the Hornfans days.

I BELIEVE that he's saying that he heard that one of the recruits we're trying to get to come to Austin got arrested on the Comal river today.  My guess is that he got arrested for coming to the aid of the other recruit, who was either drunk or maybe committing some minor infraction (not clear).  Horn4life guesses that, if the recruit who got arrested had been white, he gets off scott free. Right before this happened, he'd heard that we had two silent commits. We would all be extremely happy with what Horn4Life heard regarding the commits in question right before the shit on the Comal went down.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

Is this meant to be intentional Texaggs satire? 

50 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I don't think he said the other kid was a recruit, but I think you nailed it. "on the list" could also mean it was a guy that's visiting this week. I'll go get drunk on the guadalupe this month and see if his guess applies there too

Posted (edited)

The recruits spent the afternoon at Top Golf and then had postion meetings before dinner, I find it very hard to believe they were able to drive an hour to float the river and then get back in time for all the planned events. Plus we have pictorial evidence of some of the recruits near campus during the said hours of this rumor, are we to also believe that only 2 or 3 recruits went to the Comal?

This is much more likely our version of aggy talking to random strangers.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

Not sure if @Katfid54.

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The recruits spent the afternoon at Top Golf and then had postion meetings before dinner, I find it very hard to believe they were able to drive an hour to float the river and then get back in time for all the planned events. Plus we have pictorial evidence of some of the recruits near campus during the said hours of this rumor, are we to also believe that only 2 or 3 recruits went to the Comal?

It's possible that it's a recruit who wasn't on a visit, perhaps one that has not  committed to Texas yet.

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It's possible that it's a recruit who wasn't on a visit, perhaps one that has not  committed to Texas yet.

In which case it would be an in-state recruit, so who cares?

That has nothing to do with the Longhorns.

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I've known @horn4life to be a quality poster for a long time. I doubt he'd come here and spout irrelevancies.  We shall see.

That post was anything but quality.  Any post that has to have an interpreter deserves a Jennifer Lawrence oh yeah gif.

Since it showed up on my Microsoft ticker.

College Football Analyst Harshly Critical of Texas' Recruiting Tactics (msn.com)

College Football Analyst Harshly Critical of Texas' Recruiting Tactics
Story by Joey Hickey • 13h • 1 min read

College football enthusiasts don't need any ammunition to dislike the Texas Longhorns. They appear to have found it in one recruiting tactic.

Video surfaced on social media of Texas recruits walking into a parking lot full of Lamborghinis on the Longhorns' campus. The implication was that players could earn one of their own.

To be clear, there's nothing wrong with rewarding players with NIL. It's legal, and with the revenue they generate, it's reasonable. Still, some seem to disagree with how Texas is using NIL.

Shannon Terry, CEO of On3 Sports, wasn't a huge fan of the Longhorns' recruiting pitch. He posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, "This needs to leave college sports."

There's no issue with whether or not what Texas did was within the rules. The question is probably whether or not it's a healthy, sustainable recruiting pitch.
If there is a coach that can manage the chaos within Texas football, however, it's Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian. He's proven it in his short time in Austin.

In three years, Sarkisian took a team with one 10-win season since 2009 and transformed them into a College Football Playoff team and Big 12 champion.

Next season will reveal the strength or weakness of Texas culture. The team could settle culture concerns with another playoff berth in 2024.

4 hours ago, horn4life said:

After reading this, I thought that “Comal” either was the name of the police radio scanner channel or the doctors’ communication group text/ email/ message board for a local hospital.

We went to a different river when I was in school. It was known as the “Guadalupe” River, whether that was the actual name of the river or not, I have no idea. I never drove. 

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Do you even Lambo?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Shannon Terry is a hypocrite and a pussy. Oh no! Now that NIL is legal and Texas has come to play, players earing the right to lease a luxury car is bad. Showing recruits what they could do in Austin is a no-no. Bags? That's fine. Showing luxury cars? Don't do that. 

Jesus fuck nuggets. These ANALysts are so fucking scared now that Texas has arrived to the table. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I've known @horn4life to be a quality poster for a long time. I doubt he'd come here and spout irrelevancies.  We shall see.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm just pointing out that a HS player, who happens to be getting recruited by Texas, having a bad experience with a NB police officer while on a non-UT affiliated tubing trip wouldn't negatively impact the Longhorns.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Comal goes through the middle of New Braunfels while the Guadalupe kinda stays on the eastern border of the city. Schlitterbahn is also on the Comal.

Then I went to this thing when I was about 8 or 9 which my dad. 

Thanks for the lesson. I appreciate it.

7 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm just pointing out that a HS player, who happens to be getting recruited by Texas, having a bad experience with a NB police officer while on a non-UT affiliated tubing trip wouldn't negatively impact the Longhorns.

It could negatively impact the Horns if the kid was one of the silent commits mentioned.  Difficult to say from the information given, for sure.

On 6/7/2024 at 9:34 PM, Hookem75 said:

Back in my day it was women’s romancing each other and whataburger bags of cash.  Today it’s lambos 

ima sayin it. Womens > lambos. Even if womens are more expensive 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, horn4life said:

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cochamps said:

It could negatively impact the Horns if the kid was one of the silent commits mentioned.  Difficult to say from the information given, for sure.

Why? 

If the Horns had nothing to do with the trip down the Comal, how could it negatively impact the kid's view of the Longhorns?  

I'm super confused. 

• Hook 'Em 1