Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Did Mills accidentally enroll at a middle school? Based on his film he appears to be playing against 12 year olds. 

It's crazy how things have changed.  I recently rewatched a UT game against SMU from like 81 and our average offensive lineman weighed 250 lbs.

Now a "light" lineman weighs 255 and many are 315+.

Edited by DixonHur

It's crazy how things have changed.  I recently rewatched a UT game against SMU from like 81 and our average offensive lineman weighed 250 lbs.
Now a "light" lineman weighs 255 and many are 315+.

I watched a game from around then with a friend recently. We were discussing what would happen if they played say last year’s Desoto or Duncanville’s team. I’d go with one of the high school teams by 2-3 TDs.
  • Haha 1

Big visit news on Texas 4-star DL commit Brandon Brown 

Melbourne (Fla) Eau Gallie 4-star DL and Texas commit Brandon Brown tells OnTexasFootball that he has changed his June 21-23 official visit destination.

Brown, 6-1 and 285, will make an OV to the Oklahoma Sooners next weekend. Not Miami or USC. 

-Gerry

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Big visit news on Texas 4-star DL commit Brandon Brown 

Melbourne (Fla) Eau Gallie 4-star DL and Texas commit Brandon Brown tells OnTexasFootball that he has changed his June 21-23 official visit destination.

Brown, 6-1 and 285, will make an OV to the Oklahoma Sooners next weekend. Not Miami or USC. 

-Gerry

That's probably a smart move on Brown's part. He can STILL change his mind after this visit, but if he wants to drive up his NIL offer from Texas before leaving, announce that he's going to take an official visit next weekend to Texas' most hated rival.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OTF is saying Orogbo's father isn't coming with hi..

Considering his family is all about academics it’s mind boggling that they would consider Tech over Texas.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

And was bullied by Jimmy Johnson.

As far as Houston goes, it now extends past New Waverly and is closing in on Huntsville and Madisonville. Everyone knows this.

Bullied? Coach Johnson was getting her  tough for the real world. That hippie needed someone like super bowl champ coach Johnson to bring out her greatness. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A big time recruit off the board. Knigga is EMU bound

by the way, Noah's last name is pronounced:

Ka' nehga (with a hard K, and the accent on the first syllable).

his dad is his head football coach (14 years at the high school).

Edited by Speedway

On 6/12/2024 at 2:00 PM, Dbeasy said:

Good grief dude. I think the people who frequent the recruiting board know that the Houston area has talent.  I was referring to the Ft Bend area specifically.  Come on, man.

On 6/12/2024 at 12:58 PM, texifornia said:

He means Fort Bend / the southwest suburbs, not all of Houston

On 6/12/2024 at 4:16 PM, lilMAC25 said:

Port Arthur is 1.5 hrs highway driving east on the fucking border of Texas and Louisiana. How the fuck is that “Houston Area”?

Point taken. I should have qualified my post.

For 95% of the country, when they ask, " Where is Port Arthur?", the answer is, "Outside of Houston."

Texas UIL Regions

Region 1 goes from El Paso to Dallas

Region 2 goes from Killeen to Dallas to Longview to Houston, and Cypress, Klein, and Conroe

Region 3 is within 30 miles from Downtown Houston ( ~1% of Texas)

Region 4 goes from Round Rock to Del Rio to Brownsville to Bastrop

The issue is not whether there are quality athletes in a particular school district. They are in everywhere in SE Texas (the "Houston Area"), always have been.

If you're not serious about recruiting the area, it doesn't really matter.

For most of the last ~ 15 years, Texas has not effectively recruited SE Texas.