Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

As we heard in the last cycle with TyAnthony Smith, aggy has a lot of influence in Jasper, but lets hope it works out like TyAnthony in the end. 

College Station looks like Disneyland compared to Jasper. Warming up to Austin takes a little time.

17 hours ago, PTINS said:

Point taken. I should have qualified my post.

For 95% of the country, when they ask, " Where is Port Arthur?", the answer is, "Outside of Houston."

Texas UIL Regions

Region 1 goes from El Paso to Dallas

Region 2 goes from Killeen to Dallas to Longview to Houston, and Cypress, Klein, and Conroe

Region 3 is within 30 miles from Downtown Houston ( ~1% of Texas)

Region 4 goes from Round Rock to Del Rio to Brownsville to Bastrop

The issue is not whether there are quality athletes in a particular school district. They are in everywhere in SE Texas (the "Houston Area"), always have been.

If you're not serious about recruiting the area, it doesn't really matter.

For most of the last ~ 15 years, Texas has not effectively recruited SE Texas.

Well being from Texas, we should all know that the Golden Triangle is not just a place in SE Asia for Heroin; it arguably produces the best football players per capita in the entire world.  So yeah, PAT isn't Houston

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Well being from Texas, we should all know that the Golden Triangle is not just a place in SE Asia for Heroin; it arguably produces the best football players per capita in the entire world.  So yeah, PAT isn't Houston

Justin Wells has entered the chat. Do those golden triangle kids track and smack?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Uh, ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Happy to debate it with you Justin, but I believe Louisiana produces the most NFL players per capita. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I'd probably go with Atlanta or Louisiana, but sure. 

16 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.259b405e13ca1f5404f46d95eaf0e157.png

These posts always make me laugh.  

“I just interviewed a 17 year old kid coming off a visit to one of, if not the, most noticeable brand in all of college football, where he walked through a 110k seat stadium, multi-million dollar facilities, sat in the front seat of a lambo and got offered money to play football.  After this interview, I’d say his interest level for being in the burnt orange is very high.”  

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It seems like USC rarely has good defensive backs so I was surprised to see how many DBs in the NFL are from California.

California has a population of 39 million.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So, pop quiz for you brainiacs.

In the pics below, starting from top right and going counter-clockwise, you have Brandon Brown, Marco Jones, Trestin Castro, and Daylan McCutcheon.

Scruggs said it didn't sound like they pushed too hard for one prospect, and a different school was trending for him.

Going EXCLUSIVELY by the pics below, who do you think they didn't push for?

😐  😐  😐  ...  😂  😂  😂.

image.png.2992f6275f076ab01398299de50875fe.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

So, pop quiz for you brainiacs.

In the pics below, starting from top right and going counter-clockwise, you have Brandon Brown, Marco Jones, Trestin Castro, and Daylan McCutcheon.

Scruggs said it didn't sound like they pushed too hard for one prospect, and a different school was trending for him.

Going EXCLUSIVELY by the pics below, who do you think they didn't push for?

😐  😐  😐  ...  😂  😂  😂.

image.png.2992f6275f076ab01398299de50875fe.png

Black And White Thinking GIF by Tobias Rothe