Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

CJ's Trend-o-meter

Trend–O Meter

Texas hosted 16 official visitors Friday and Saturday for what was the first of two massive weekends in the month of June.

While a commitment has yet to go live just yet, Texas is in tremendous positions for a number of key recruits on the board after the weekend and earned several silent commitments after the festivities on campus. A quick update of the battles and trending directions of key prospects.

WR Dakorien Moore – Duncanville (Texas) High
Battle: Texas, LSU, Oregon, Ohio State
Trending: Texas’ direction

It was a full family affair for the Moore’s this weekend in Austin. It was made clear where Dakorien sits on the Texas big board and Steve Sarkisian took it upon himself to be as hands on as could be this week. Texas is in a great spot for Moore as he heads into his final OV to Oregon next week. It is going to take a near perfect weekend to keep him from Austin.

WR Kelshaun Johnson – Hitchcock (Texas) High
Battle: Texas vs. Texas A&M
Trending: 50–50

Texas did a great job of answering the momentum from Texas A&M a week ago. It is doubtful now that Johnson takes his USC official set for June 21–23, which means it will be a Lone Star Showdown for the speedster from Hitchcock. Johntay Cook was the host this weekend and Texas let it be known he is a top-tier priority.

WR Daylan McCutcheon – Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy
Battle: Florida State, Ohio State, Texas
Trending: Florida State’s atop the list by my count

I really like Daylan McCutcheon and believe in a different cycle, he likely ends up at Texas. However, with where Texas sits for a number of national prospects at the WR spot, it makes sense if neither he or Texas are atop of each other's list at the current moment.

WR Andrew Marsh – Katy (Texas) Jordan
Battle: Oklahoma, USC, Kentucky, Texas
Trending: Elsewhere

One of the quietest returns from sources this weekend was in regards to Andrew Marsh. The Katy Jordan prospect is a very talented ballplayer, but similarly to McCutcheon, I see this WR room being filled elsewhere for the time being.

OL Nick Brooks – Cedar Rapids (Iowa) John F. Kennedy
Battle: Texas & Georgia
Trending: Texas made a strong impression

The definition of a #BigHuman came into this weekend with Texas in a sneaky good spot for the Iowa native. Following the trip, returns continue to point in direction of Texas being major players for Brooks. Now, Brooks will head to Iowa for an OV next weekend, though right now, it will take a lot for the Hawkeyes to jump Texas or even Georgia in this race.

OL John Mills – San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius Prep
Battle: Washington vs. Texas
Trending: Texas remains in great spot 

Texas came into the weekend as the perceived leader for the west coast offensive lineman. I still feel that to be the case following the official visit. Kyle Flood and Mills go back a long ways in this cycle and the official visit only helped strength that connection.

OT Lamont Rogers – Mesquite (Texas) Horn
Battle: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri
Trending: Up in the air

This is an interesting recruitment for me and that mostly stems from what the pecking order looks like for Kyle Flood and Steve Sarkisian behind closed doors. Nick Brooks and John Mills remain in a pro-Texas spot in their recruitments and the Longhorns will continue to hold a place for Michael Fasusi, who comes in next weekend. Does Rogers make a move prior to those aforementioned offensive linemen? Or is his spot at either of his contending programs contingent on those looming decisions? That's my question at the moment.

DL Kevin Wynn – Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County
Battle: Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida State
Trending: Texas firmly in the mix

Texas did a great job of laying out how the city of Austin and the connections through the university can further the passion of Wynn when it comes to culinary. The city was not overwhelming and luckily for Texas, there was plenty of first-time adventures to take in for the four-star interior defensive lineman. Distance may favor other programs for the family, but Texas is firmly in the mix.

EDGE Smith Orogbo – Houston (Texas) Alief Hastings
Battle: Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Washington
Trending: Texas made up plenty of ground

Some crystal balls entered for Texas Tech a week ago might have arrived a bit prematurely. Orogbo made the trip to Austin by himself this weekend and by all accounts the Longhorns stymied the momentum of Texas Tech prior to the trip. July 1 will be the decision date for Orogbo and at the moment, I think Texas has as good a chance as anyone to land the edge rusher out of Houston.

EDGE Marco Jones – Danville (Calif.) San Ramon Valley
Battle: Michigan, USC, Texas
Trending: Texas has legit chance

I was told following the weekend it was going to be a Texas-Michigan battle for Jones after the official visit, but I am not ready to count out USC in this recruitment. The hometown program has had some success on the defensive side of the ball in 2025 and Jones is another one high on their board. Jones will commit July 2nd and the Longhorns have a real chance at securing a commitment down the stretch. USC gets final OV next week.

LB Riley Pettijohn – McKinney (Texas) High
Battle: Texas vs. Texas A&M
Trending: Texas

I remain on the side of the Longhorns in this recruitment. Pettijohn has been courted by several Texas commits in the 2025 class including Lance Jackson, Elijah Barnes and even KJ Lacey. Texas A&M will need a perfect visit this weekend to overtake the Longhorns based off of what I have been told.

LB Jonathan Cunningham – Crowley (Texas) North Crowley
Battle: Texas, Utah, TCU
Trending: A bit stagnant

Texas and Jonathan Cunningham have been on a bit of rollercoaster in my eyes. Some folks in his camp have pitched quick paths to the field at destinations as Texas has Elijah Barnes in the class and obviously have been pursuing Riley Pettijohn for quite some time as well. 

CB Trestin Castro – Upland (Calif.) High
Battle: Texas vs. USC
Trending: Final Decision coming soon

Castro has been a recent addition to the Texas big board in comparison to other prospects but the Longhorns are right in the mix of things. Castro, a current USC commit, says it is the history and recent development of the Longhorns that has allowed them to make this race interesting in his recruitment. He will officially visit USC next weekend, compare the two visits and make a final decision. Luckily for Texas, they did a great job with the initial bar set for the upcoming trip out to USC.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Positivity, holla!

The Stampede: Diving into a momentous recruiting weekend at Texas
In today's The Stampede, Horns247's Jordan Scruggs and Hank South break down everything we're hearing from a momentous weekend in Austin, as well as other VIP nuggets from across the college football landscape.
Horns247 Staff

Spoiler

The Stampede: Diving into a momentous recruiting weekend at Texas
In today's The Stampede, Horns247's Jordan Scruggs and Hank South break down everything we're hearing from a momentous weekend in Austin, as well as other VIP nuggets from across the college football landscape.
Horns247 Staff

Texas wrapped up its biggest official visitors weekend of the year thus far on Sunday afternoon, with a ton of returns already coming in from what was a momentous few days on the Forty Acres. 

In today's The Stampede, Horns247's Jordan Scruggs and Hank South break down everything we're hearing from the weekend in Austin, as well as other VIP nuggets from across the college football landscape. 

Enjoy! 

Texas, Texas A&M going head to head for electric in-state WR 

I think Hank and I made a smart move by deciding to hold onto our Texas Crystal Ball predictions for Hitchcock Top247 WR Kelshaun Johnson, even after the move the Aggies made. Entering this past weekend Texas A&M had all the momentum in the recruitment, but when speaking with Johnson last night it was clear Texas had balanced that momentum out. Although I had reported last week that I'd expect Johnson to make it to USC for his last official visit during the June 21-23 weekend, it's now looking more and more likely that the trip gets canceled. Johnson still intends to announce a commitment in July or early August, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hitchcock native release his commitment date when he likely puts out a top two with the Longhorns and Aggies sometime in the next week or two. It's now up to Texas to continue making Johnson feel like a priority even with all the buzz around the five-star targets, and they were successful at that over the weekend. Johnson isn't afraid to compete by any means, though the main thing A&M will have to offer that Texas might not be able to is guaranteed early playing time, as Texas' wide receiver corps is obviously more talented and in a much healthier place compared to where the Aggies are at the position. I wouldn't be surprised to see some jockeying between the two in-state rivals between now and decision time, but for the time being, I'm continuing to like my Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Texas as long as the Longhorns' staff continues to push the right buttons as they've done throughout the spring. (Scruggs)

BRANDON BROWN FLIPPING? NOT SO FAST.

Texas defensive line commit Brandon Brown after his official visit to Austin on Sunday. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)

After talking to a source following Texas defensive line commit Brandon Brown's official visit to LSU two weeks ago, the feeling I got was the Tigers would ultimately flip the longtime UT pledge. The connection to Bo Davis being the biggest driving factor. But as everyone knows, recruiting is fluid. The Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie product has since been to Tennessee and now Texas this past weekend for what was his second trip to Austin since pledging to the Longhorns. Brown was joined by his mother and sister, who lives in town. Brown told Horns247 on Sunday that his commitment to Texas remains "pretty strong" as new defensive line coach Kenny Baker has made a very good impression on the Texas pledge since joining the staff. The read I'm getting as things stand now, with one more official visit to go for Oklahoma, is Brown seems to prefer Texas. He did after all commit to the program sight unseen last December. Does everyone in Brown's camp prefer Texas? I'm not so sure. His mother is big fan of Bo Davis. He offered her son early before he really blew up onto the national scene. I believe Texas has done a great job in reassuring any doubts the family has about the Longhorns without Davis. Plus, Brown said he was actively recruiting others to join him in Austin this weekend. At the end of the day it's Texas vs. LSU for Brown. I don't perceive Tennessee or even Oklahoma getting a last-minute official visit as a major threat. I'm torn on which way I'm leaning, but definitely feeling more optimistic about Texas hanging on to Brown after this weekend's visit. (South)

TEXAS REMAINS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN OUR EYES FOR THIS 5-STAR
It was a big family reunion for five-star wideout Dakorien Moore this weekend. Moore entered the visit trending to Texas and left on Sunday perhaps trending to UT even more so. The Longhorns rolled out the red carpet and then some for the nation's top-ranked wideout. It's not secret that Moore's family is very pro Texas. He has family that went to the University and live in the Austin area. One source we spoke with on Sunday says the pro UT corner of Moore's recruitment is ready for him to wrap things up and commit to the Longhorns. Of course, Moore has one more official visit to Oregon this weekend that is still on the docket. Will the Ducks put a dent into UT's momentum? It's unlikely as things stand now. Ohio State offers the biggest resistance to UT's chances, we're told. But even still, Horns247 believes it would be a major recruiting upset if Moore doesn't play his college football in Austin. Moore spoke about the visit with 247Sports' Mike Roach HERE. (South)

ANOTHER TYANTHONY SMITH RECRUITMENT IN THE MAKING? WE'LL SEE ...
Jasper Top247 tight end Kiotti Armstrong surprised a lot of folks when he committed to Texas A&M on Friday. The pledge came on the second day of his official visit to Aggieland, and while we're still yet to confirm if Armstrong has canceled his Texas official visit for June 21-23, we highly assume it doesn't happen. It's a bit of a similar recruitment to that of his former teammate Ty'Anthony Smith, where it was long speculated Armstrong would end up at one of the two main in-state programs. Smith canceled his Texas official visit for last summer as well, but would later end up using it for the last weekend available right before signing day. Things are obviously much different with A&M now and it made it easier for Texas with Smith based off the fact that Jimbo Fisher had just been fired, but Armstrong still being able to return to Texas for an OV at some point down the road is definitely something we might be monitoring this fall. (Scruggs)

SARK VS. DEBOER IN FIRST SEC HEAD-TO-HEAD
However we might not be monitoring Armstrong if things go well with Spring Dekaney Top247 ATH Nick Townsend on his Texas official visit that's coming up June 21-23. The Longhorns picked up some steam in the recruitment of Townsend earlier this spring by coming out to his school and making it clear that they like him on both sides of the ball. However, with Kaleb Edwards and Townsend being the only two prospects that primarily project to tight end in this summer's official visit group, I wouldn't be surprised if Texas changes their pitch back to focusing on just the tight end position. It's been a few days since I spoke with my source close to Townsend, but the last time I checked the source remained adamant it was mostly an Alabama vs. Texas battle, even with Townsend scheduled to go to A&M a few days after we talked. With Townsend being on campus when Armstrong committed and the Aggies already perceived as a non-threat, I'll be somewhat surprised if anything has changed from Alabama being the leader and Texas being in second place. While that statement may make some skeptical of Texas' chances, they're still very much in the mix and this is still very much a winnable recruitment for the Longhorns if they play their cards right on the upcoming OV. (Scruggs) 

TEXAS MAKING MOVE FOR 6-FOOT-7, 345-POUND OL NICK BROOKS

Texas offensive line target Nick Brooks on his official visit to Austin. (Photo: Texas Athletics)

Feeling good about the potential chances of Nick Brooks ending up at Texas was not on my weekend Longhorns recruiting bingo card. I knew he liked Texas and he did make an unofficial visit in the spring to get an appetizer of what the Forty Acres is all about, but it seemed Georgia and USC were leading this race entering his trip to Austin. Sources I've spoken with in the last 24 hours since the Iowa standout left Austin feel as though Texas not only wowed Brooks and his family, but picked up some momentum for him, too. Had you asked me to fill out the rest of UT's offensive line class for 2025 last week, I'd lean towards Michael Fasusi, John Mills and if I had to pick another, Lamont Rogers. I'd flip Brooks with Rogers after speaking with several close to the situation coming out of the weekend. I'm not going Crystal Ball him yet, but I'm told the big city appeal of Austin is something aiding Texas' chances as Brooks is looking to leave the small town setting. (South)

IS THE PENDULUM SWING BACK TOWARDS TEXAS FOR IN-STATE EDGE TALENT?
Alief Hastings Top247 EDGE Smith Orogbo has had a really interesting recruitment. There was a ton of buzz during the June 7-9 weekend that Orogbo would shut down his recruitment in favor of Texas Tech while still on his official visit to Lubbock. Because of that, I changed my Crystal Ball prediction from Texas to Texas Tech. Orogbo obviously ended up keeping his Texas and Oklahoma official visits on the schedule, and at this point in time I'd be pretty surprised if my Crystal Ball ends up remaining where it's at. I'll likely be waiting until Orogbo has made it back to Houston from his Oklahoma official visit before changing my Crystal Ball back to Texas, but at this point in time Austin, Texas is where I expect Orogbo to be moving in January. The staff did a smart job of making Orogbo's player host Zina Umeozulu, as both of the prospects share very similar traits as high upside slender built pass rushers, along with the fact that both come from Nigerian roots. Although Orogbo's dad didn't make the trip to Austin with his son, he's visited Texas before back in April and I think the Longhorns have done a better job with pushing the education aspects of college than any other school in the recruitment. It'll still be up to Orogbo to make the decision, but in speaking with him after the visit you have to like the ground that was made up and where Texas currently stands as the recruitment heads into its last official visit. (Scruggs)

PHOTO-FINISH RACE UNFOLDING FOR ELITE LB TARGET RILEY PETTIJOHN

Top Texas linebacker target Riley Pettijohn. (Photo: Texas Athletics)

I've had my Crystal Ball projection on Texas for Riley Pettijohn for months now and I'm still liking that projection coming out of his official visit to Austin over the weekend. However, talking with a source close to his recruitment on Sunday, the race for the McKinney star is actually a lot closer between Texas and Texas A&M than perhaps originally perceived. Pettijohn will be in College Station this weekend for what will be a pivotal moment in his recruitment. I still think all the factors involved favor UT at this point in time, but I don't think this recruitment is over by any means. The Aggies will have a chance to state their case this weekend before Pettijohn makes his final choice. That will be a trip we're watching closely. (South)

IS USC COMMIT TRESTIN CASTRO ACTUALLY IN PLAY?
I didn't know what to make of four-star cornerback and USC commit Trestin Castro setting up an official visit to Texas in recent weeks. The cornerback board has been an interesting one this cycle, with late offers going out, others like Courtland Guillory and Cobey Sellers committing elsewhere, etc. But Texas is putting heat on USC for the talented Upland (Calif.) DB. Castro, who's been pledged to the Trojans since early April, will be in Los Angeles this weekend, where Lincoln Riley can likely reaffirm his pledge, but this trip to Texas made things at the very least interesting. Sources I spoke with seem to agree USC can and likely will keep Castro home, but Texas did give him a lot to think about. We'll keep an eye on him following his final trip to see the Trojans this weekend. He spoke about the visit HERE. (South)

LATEST ON LAMONT

Texas offensive tackle target Lamont Rogers on his official visit to Austin. (Photo: Texas Athletics)

I'm still liking the field vs. Texas in the recruitment of Mesquite Horn Top247 offensive tackle Lamont Rogers, but I do think his recruitment is much more winnable for Texas than it was heading into last weekend. The Longhorns did a good job on selling the jumbo athlete on life after football, development under Kyle Flood, culture in Austin, and everything else the program has to offer, but there's still a long way to go in this recruitment, even with the decision expected to come in July. Oklahoma's mid-week visit from the 18-20 looms extremely large, as the Sooners were the early leader in the recruitment, lost the lead and fell out of contention for a bit, and then found themselves firmly back in the mix this spring. A source in DFW believes Rogers' mother prefers the Sooners for her son, which is notable as his mother didn't make the official visit to Texas but is expected to make it to Norman this week. Although she's been to Texas before with her son back in April, it definitely wasn't encouraging news to hear she wouldn't be making it to Austin due to work. Texas A&M is dangerous in the recruitment as well with Mizzou lingering off in the distance, but again, this one has a long way to go with several ebbs and flows expected between now and decision time. (Scruggs)

TEXAS-MICHIGAN ALREADY?
Is it Week 2 of the 2024 season already? No? Oh, that's just Marco Jones' recruitment, as sources believe it's Texas vs. Michigan for the talented 6-foot-5, 230-pounder. UT's West Coast ties on the staff is certainly helping Texas' chances. And with baseball kind of in limbo right now, the fact that it's a Dead Period on the diamond probably wasn't the worst thing with Jones in town, considering baseball is part of his decision as well. The Longhorns baseball staff has been recruiting Jones, though, we're told. USC and Texas A&M are in it, but trailing the Longhorns and Wolverines. This will be fascinating SEC/Big Ten tilt over the next 2-3 weeks leading up to his Jones' decision. He spoke about the visit HERE.(South)

TWO NEW 247SPORTS CRYSTAL BALL PROJECTIONS

Texas linebacker target Jonathan Cunningham with UT head coach Steve Sarkisian this weekend. (Photo: Texas Athletics)

I think it's time to fire up the Crystal Ball machine once again. Since finding out and later reporting that Mansfield Timberview three-star safety and SMU commit Nathan Tilmon would be taking an official visit to Austin June 18-20, I've been in touch with a source close to the prospect over the last few days. The source struggles to see Tilmon ending up at SMU, and really likes the chances of the Longhorns eventually pulling off a flip for the speedy DFW area safety. The source believes the option to play big time college football in the SEC for a school like Texas is ultimately going to be too much for Tilmon to pass up, with the same source mentioning he saw it highly unlikely that Tilmon would stick with his pledge to SMU, even before the Texas offer came his way on June 1. The fact that Texas is only about a 2-3 hour drive from home in Mansfield isn't hurting either, along with the fact that Texas only took one true safety in 2024 in Xavier Filsaime. Although I'm told they've never really been close, having his former teammate in Andre Cojoe already in Austin isn't hurting either. All of that said, I like Texas' chances here with the official visit starting tomorrow. Tilmon also has an official visit set for a school the June 21-23 weekend, but I was asked not to report it. Eventually someone from that market will find out on their own and report it, but I'm not worried at all about that program and am still entering in my 247Sports Crystal Ball Prediction in favor of Texas with a confidence of six. (Scruggs)

North Crowley three-star linebacker Jonathan Cunningham had a great experience over the weekend, but more importantly he got a much better sense of where he stood in the Longhorns' eyes. In talking with him it seems he's happy with where Texas views him, and at this point Horns247 views him as the linebacker with the highest chances of ending up in the class not named Riley Pettijohn. Johnny Nansen did a great job in his meeting with Cunningham and his family, and the Forty Acres being a two-and-a-half-to-three-hour drive is a plus as well. Cunningham likes the city of Austin and can see himself living there, and I like the chances of Texas beating out the other schools in the mix that includes Kansas, SMU, TCU, Missouri, and Utah. That being said, I'm entering in a 247Sports Crystal Ball Prediction in favor of Texas with a confidence of six. (Scruggs)

TEXAS STRENGTHENS LEAD ON WEST COAST OT
John Mills, big San Francisco area offensive tackle has been a steady fixture in any sort of Horns247 class projection for months. That hasn't changed coming out of his final official visit to Austin. We still really like where the Longhorns city for the three-star lineman, with Washington and Florida considered the top competition, per sources. Mills will likely announce a decision in the next few weeks. (South)

CAN SARK BE A THORN IN KIRBY SMART'S SIDE?

Texas defensive line target Kevin Wynn on his way out of Austin on Sunday. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)

One of UT's top defensive line targets, Kevin Wynn, doted on the networking opportunities at Texas when we caught up with him on Sunday. That could be a huge selling point in that Wynn wants to be a chef and there aren't many cities as pro culinary arts as Austin, Texas. The Longhorns staff laid out the academic plan for the Georgia native, something that impressed he and his mother. It was no secret Texas was outside his top group of schools he was considering entering the weekend and now sits squarely among the serious contenders like Georgia and South Carolina. He'll wrap things up at Florida State his upcoming weekend. We're told Wynn is being allowed to make his own decision, and while his family would obviously prefer to keep him home, Wynn isn't being tied down to staying nearby. (South)

END OF WEEKEND RECRUITING QUICK HITTERS ...
-- Auburn cornerback commit Devin Williams reaffirmed his official visit plans for Texas this weekend on Sunday. One source believes he's taking the trip to take a trip and he's not going to flip from the Tigers. The Buford standout was back on the Plains this past weekend for his OV. (South)

-- Texas pledge Lance Jackson could end up one of the gems of the class when we look back on this group in a few years. Jackson is locked in with Texas and was actively recruiting others to join him this weekend, like Marco Jones, John Mills, and Riley Pettijohn.

"It was great," Jackson said. "It was everything I was looking forward to. I had an amazing time spending time with the players and getting to talk to all the coaches more and just learn more about Texas." (South)

-- Another Texas commit in Rickey Stewart was back on campus and, like Jackson, Stewart is locked in with the Longhorns. He has no official visit plans elsewhere and is focused on his senior season and getting to Austin next year. (South)

-- We noted the possibility of Florida DL standout Derry Norris taking a mid-week visit to Austin this week. That's not happening anymore, a source tells Horns247. The only mid-weeks expected in Austin so far are Dijon Lee and the aforementioned Nathan Tilmon. (South)

-- I'd lean towards Florida State for Daylan McCutcheon ahead of his trip to Tallahassee this weekend. If Texas turns up the heat later, they could make it interesting down the stretch. He spoke about his visit HERE. (South) 

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Couple of CBs for Texas, from Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247).

image.thumb.png.aef22fa3345aee1420eb1b5e21db256d.png

Two 3 stars with track speed. Seems like Sark/Nans wants more speed on the field on D. 

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Do you have the track times?

Tilmon is 6'1", 190 and has run a 10.71 hundred meters.  Can't find anything for Cunningham, but just watched his highlights. He can run.  If Nance can get Bo Barnes to stick, Pettijohn to commit and Cunningham to commit, I think he'd be a very happy camper. After this season we will only have four scholarship linebackers on the roster.

9 minutes ago, Indomitable said:

this is a first.

We have a culinary program/track?

Gerry said we don’t, closest thing is nutrition. But we emphasized networking and the huge culinary aspect of Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

Gerry said we don’t, closest thing is nutrition. But we emphasized networking and the huge culinary aspect of Austin. 

Being a chef I feel like the best schooling and learning you can do isn't with a degree, get that in some kind of business/marketing type, but the training and experience you get working with top chefs in the industry whether in Austin, Europe, wherever.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Best case scenario class as of 6/17/24...?:

• QB (1): Lacey (done)
  • RB (2): Stewart, Simon (done)
  • WR (4): Moore, Lockett, Ffrench, + one of Hines/Johnson/McCutcheon/Marsh
  • TE (2): Winston + one of Townsend or Edwards (or flip Kiotti)
  • Interior OL (3): Christian, Devin Coleman, Mills
  • OT (3): Jordan Coleman, + two of Fasusi/Rogers/Brooks
  • EdGe (2): two of Orogbo/Jones/Hilson/???
  • DL (4): Jackson, Brown, two of Sharma/Charles/Wynn/Zion
  • LB (3): Barnes, Pettijohn, Cunningham
  • CB (3): Chester, + two of Brew/Anding/Castro/Phillips
  • S (3): Tilmon, honestly no clue after that
  • ATH (1): Terry

Offensive picture definitely a lot clearer than defense right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

DeAndre Moore was his host, too. So he probably went by the family's food truck, as well. 

Deandre Moore was hosting Daylan Mccutcheon. 

Aaron Bryant was hosting Kevin Wynn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I think Phillips is a safety.

• Hook 'Em 2

• QB (1): Lacey (done) (solid)
  • RB (2): Stewart, Simon (done) (solid)
  • WR (4): Moore, Lockett, Ffrench, + one of Hines/Johnson/McCutcheon/Marsh (maybe best Texas ever)
  • TE (2): Winston + one of Townsend or Edwards (or flip Kiotti) (too much unknown)
  • Interior OL (3): Christian, Devin Coleman, Mills (maybe best in modern Texas era)
  • OT (3): Jordan Coleman, + two of Fasusi/Rogers/Brooks (maybe best in modern Texas era)
  • EdGe (2): two of Orogbo/Jones/Hilson/??? (solid, especially considering our depth)
  • DL (4): Jackson, Brown, two of Sharma/Charles/Wynn/Zion (too much unknown)
  • LB (3): Barnes, Pettijohn, Cunningham (solid with some unknown)
  • CB (3): Chester, + two of Brew/Anding/Castro/Phillips (meh to solid with too much unknown)
  • S (3): Tilmon, Phillips (meh)

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Does any school with a football team also have a reputable culinary program that would even come close to the value of just working in the industry? That doesn’t seem like a skill you really learn in a classroom

Oklahoma State has a decent culinary program if memory serves.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.thumb.png.07547fe741601fe27ac943c26e1f93c0.png

Culinary sucks ass. Along with terrible pay, the hours are awful (nights, weekends, holidays), and it takes a physical toll on your body. You're also inhaling noxious fumes from cooked meat and gas grills.

15 minutes ago, Kwix said:

Oklahoma State has a decent culinary program if memory serves.

I believe it's more on the management side, but I haven't looked at it in years. My father got his degree there in hotel and restaurant management or something along those lines.

9 minutes ago, Vermin said:

image.thumb.png.07547fe741601fe27ac943c26e1f93c0.png

Culinary sucks ass. Along with terrible pay, the hours are awful (nights, weekends, holidays), and it takes a physical toll on your body. You're also inhaling noxious fumes from cooked meat and gas grills.

Start a cooking YT channel and blow those numbers out of the water

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.cf3e74fe949a017a1c818ab27221122f.png

Are we talking when Aggies stopped winning America's wars (hell of a job in Vietnam) and started admitting women?

After Darrell Royal. Really the only close comparison is with 2022. 

53 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That’s what happens when you have a bunch of JAG assistants on defense

• Rage+1 2

Gerry

Twenty OV's remain

The Texas staff is scheduled to host 20 official visitors this week and weekend to close out the summer official visit process. 

Steve Sarkisian and staff are coming off a very positive weekend with a number of recruitments leaning to Texas, or have the Horns in the top two with decisions looming. 

OnTexasFootball takes a look at what's on tap this week.

June 18-20 (3)

Dorian Brew, CB, Conroe (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Official visit schedule: LSU May 31-June 2, USC June 7-9, Oregon June 14-16, Texas June 18-20 and Ohio State June 21-23

Dijon Lee, CB, Mission Hills (Calif.) High
Official visit schedule: Washington May 31-June 2, Texas A&M June 11-12, Georgia June 14-16, Texas June 18-20 and Alabama June 21-23

Nathan Tilmon, S, Mansfield (Texas) Timberview - *SMU commit
Official visit schedule: SMU May 17-19, Utah June 7-9, Baylor June 14-16, Texas June 18-20 and TCU June 21-23

June 21-23 (17)

K.J. Lacey, QB, Saraland (Ala.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

James Simon, RB, Shreveport (La.) Calvary Baptist #AllGasNoBrakes
Official visit schedule: Texas June 21-23

Jaime Ffrench, WR, Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin
Official visit schedule: LSU May 31-June 2, Miami June 7-9, Tennessee June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Kaliq Lockett, WR, Sachse (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Official visit schedule: LSU May 31-June 2, USC June 7-9, FSU June 14-16, Alabama June 18-20 and Texas June 21-23

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (Ga.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Official visit schedule: Auburn May 31-June 2 and Texas June 21-23

Nick Townsend, TE, Dekaney (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Official visit schedule: Arizona State April 26-28, USC May 31-June 2, Alabama June 7-9, Texas A&M June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Michael Fasusi, OT, Lewisville (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 5-star
Official visit schedule: Missouri May 31-June 2, Texas A&M June 7-9, Oklahoma June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Jackson Christian, IOL, Port Neches (Texas) Port Neches-Groves #AllGasNoBrakes
Official visit schedule: Texas June 21-23

Jordan Coleman, OT/IOL, Cedar Hill (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Official visit schedule: SMU May 17-19 and Texas June 21-23

Devin Coleman, IOL/C, Cedar Hill (Texas) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Official visit schedule: SMU May 17-19 and Texas June 21-23

Zion Williams, DL, Lufkin (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4–star
Official visit schedule: TCU May 3-5, LSU May 31-June 2, Texas A&M June 7-9, Arkansas June 14-16, Texas June 21-23

D.J. Sanders, DL, Bellville (Texas) High
Official visit schedule: Michigan May 31-June 2, Texas A&M June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Elijah Barnes, LB, Dallas (Texas) Skyline #AllGasNoBrakes

Madden Faraimo, LB, San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) J Serra Catholic 
Official visit schedule:  Washington May 31-June 2, Notre Dame June 7-9 and Texas June 21-23

Kade Phillips, DB, Missouri City (Texas) Hightower
Official visit schedule: Baylor April 26-28, LSU June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Aidan Anding, CB, Ruston (La.) High
Official visit schedule: Miami May 31-June 2, TCU June 7-9, Arkansas June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

Devin Williams, CB, Buford (Ga.) High - *Auburn commit
Official visit schedule: Auburn June 14-16 and Texas June 21-23

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Not really as I don't remember all the individual rankings of the class of beef. Mack's classes were pretty mixed as far as OL and always had head scratchers. But, looking at the number of quality offensive linemen both interior and at tackle is going to be impressive.

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Can someone refresh my memory. Are schools still capped at X amount of OV's they can give out? I thought there was a proposed change to uncap them but I can't remember if that was to uncap players from 5 OV's a year. 

I don't believe there is a cap for schools or players any longer.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sal said:

That’s what happens when you have a bunch of JAG assistants on defense

I think a Barnes/Pettijohn/Cunningham class at LB would be pretty good. DL has more uncertainty but I think Jackson is a future star and at least we have a lot of irons in the fire there.

DB on the other hand, seem like it's time for us to start stepping it up.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.d91017c7881ce3245d55249a50e70d10.png

Knowing you fat, perennially hungry fucks, I post the tweet/image below with great trepidation ... 

image.png.dd235c73784c66065f76588d82205867.png

So do we think Terry Black's or Lincoln's Black BBQ is going to win out here?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Does any school with a football team also have a reputable culinary program that would even come close to the value of just working in the industry? That doesn’t seem like a skill you really learn in a classroom

South Carolina is the school in the mix with a true culinary program through the university. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Being a chef I feel like the best schooling and learning you can do isn't with a degree, get that in some kind of business/marketing type, but the training and experience you get working with top chefs in the industry whether in Austin, Europe, wherever.

I wonder if they brought Tannahill Love back for the weekend

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

South Carolina is the school in the mix with a true culinary program through the university. 

If a DT from the southeast, that everyone wants, winds up going to South Carolina for chef training, I will shit a golden chef's hat and set BO&W on fire. 

• Haha 8
  • Drool 1

23 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

And about 29 million may as well not exist for purposes of producing football prospects

On 6/16/2024 at 11:36 AM, Vermin said:

California has a population of 39 million.

13% of Californians are between 10 and 19 years of age. Call it 5 million. Half of those are female. 

So at an upper bound, there's 2.5 million possible football recruits in California. 

The entire population of Louisiana is 4.59 million. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If a DT from the southeast, that everyone wants, winds up going to South Carolina for chef training, I will shit a golden chef's hat and set BO&W on fire. 

Well now i want him to go to South Carolina

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Well now i want him to go to South Carolina

Don't get your hopes up. @closetojumping is still trying to get that Jaydon-Blue-promised golden football to pass through his lower intestines before he can even contemplate shitting a golden chef's hat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

13% of Californians are between 10 and 19 years of age. Call it 5 million. Half of those are female. 

So at an upper bound, there's 2.5 million possible football recruits in California. 

The entire population of Louisiana is 4.59 million. 

He's referring to the large Latino and Asian population, which produce FBS football prospects at low rates. But, you know, Texas also has a large Latino population.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Don’t bring me into your bowel movement fantasies. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Don’t bring me into your bowel movement fantasies. 

I know reading is hard and all, but the part that included you was a generic murder fantasy. I think more than half of this board has pondered various ways in which they'd like to end you on a sadly regular basis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I know reading is hard and all, but the part that included you was a generic murder fantasy. I think more than half of this board has pondered various ways in which they'd like to end you on a sadly regular basis.

Although I have to admit, choking him by sticking a freshly shat golden chef's hat down his throat is fairly innovative.  

Edited by Vertigo

56 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Not really as I don't remember all the individual rankings of the class of beef. Mack's classes were pretty mixed as far as OL and always had head scratchers. But, looking at the number of quality offensive linemen both interior and at tackle is going to be impressive.

Late era Mack Class: 

QB- Keelon Russell

RB- Stewart

WR-McCutchen, Taz Williams, Ed Small

OL- Coleman bros, Christian, Rodgers

DL- Landon Rink, Chace Sims, Floyd Guidry, Dilan Battle

Edge- Jackson, Orogbo

LB- Barnes, Anthony Williams

DB-Phillips, Sellers, Zay Gentry, Nathan Tilmon

Don’t even have to go outside the borders. What a neat deal! 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

37 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

OL- Coleman bros, Christian, Rodgers

You think that OL class is anywhere close to what we are bringing in? Sheer numbers say no way.

What year was it?