Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Gerry

Josiah Sharma and Dijon Lee Announcement Thread

The Texas Longhorns football staff is awaiting two big announcements today. OnTexasFootball 4-star defensive lineman Josiah Sharma (Folsom, Calif./High) is scheduled to announce at 3 p.m. CST with the Longhorns feeling confident Thursday. Thirty minutes prior to Sharma, Mission Viejo (Calif.) High 4-star cornerback Dijon Lee will announce his commitment with Alabama the favorite over a surging Texas. 

OnTexasFootball will coverage all day on what is a key day for the Longhorns in the 2025 cycle. 

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High

OnTexasFootball has Texas with a 70% chance to win out for Sharma, as of Thursday night. Alabama vs. Texas is where the decision will come from barring a late night surprise from Oregon. Washington also received an official visit. 

Should the 6-4, 320 pound disruptor pick Texas, it would kick start defensive momentum with a number of big decisions on the books the first half of July. 

Texas defensive line targets:

Brandon Brown, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie #AllGasNoBrakes
Texas battling LSU with a final decision expected in early to mid July. 

Myron Charles, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High
Texas has legit shot to beat out Florida State, as OTF has been reporting all week. The FSU confidence has continued to slide since the official visit. A mid July decision is expected, subject to moving up to early July.

D.J. Sanders, Bellville (Texas) High
Texas has been leading Michigan by a healthy clip since the official visit last weekend. Sanders is also expected to announce a decision in early July. 

Dijon Lee, CB, Mission Viejo (Calif.) High

This would be an upset win for the Longhorns, but Texas has quietly had a better chance than given nationally. There are some long standing connections/relationships with Steve Sarkisian within the circle of Lee in this recruitment, but Alabama is considered the favorite - and has been for weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry is now saying it would be an upset to get Lee, but I agree with the previous post that Lee picks Alabama today, doesn't mean that recruitment is over. Gerry is holding strong at 70% Texas for Sharma which leads me to believe that one of the Hi's.

The Hi yesterday means that Sharma probably told all of the coaches. The earlier stuff, all schools still didn’t know where he was headed. So maybe the one yesterday, otherwise all of them are something else. The big development this week was the ultimately Bama had to admit that they needed a substantial Nick Saban discount without having Nick Saban. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dijon Lee will announce his commitment with Alabama the favorite over a surging Texas.

If You Aint First Youre Last Will Ferrell GIF by StickerGiant

Dunno why they keep bringing up Lee. I mean, we're looking in from outside.

Maybe it's because Bijan already has a Dijon mustard, and he wants to break out of the Bijan shadow in the NIL mustard game.

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Hi yesterday means that Sharma probably told all of the coaches. The earlier stuff, all schools still didn’t know where he was headed. So maybe the one yesterday, otherwise all of them are something else. The big development this week was the ultimately Bama had to admit that they needed a substantial Nick Saban discount without having Nick Saban. 

I think that Hi was for Kaluma, which means, Sharma hasn't gotten a Hi, yet. If we get one before 2 PM, I think we all know who that would be.

Gerry with how he sees the DT postion.

Spoiler

I think Sharma and Brown are top 125 level prospects in the country. Both way underrated nationally in the industry ... those guys are 4-star+ for me

I have Zion as a low 4-star in the 275-300 range. Over the ball player with very good frame.

Myron Charles is a 4-star+ too for me. His upside is tremendous. Natural strength

Sanders possess good length (80 inch wingspan), 10 inch hands and foot quickness. He has to get off his tip toes ... can't play like that in Power 4 football effectively. He plays very high, so he has a lot from a development standpoint ahead of him ... his development process has more in front of him that some others (from a way he naturally plays) IMO

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry with how he sees the DT postion.

Hide contents

I think Sharma and Brown are top 125 level prospects in the country. Both way underrated nationally in the industry ... those guys are 4-star+ for me

I have Zion as a low 4-star in the 275-300 range. Over the ball player with very good frame.

Myron Charles is a 4-star+ too for me. His upside is tremendous. Natural strength

Sanders possess good length (80 inch wingspan), 10 inch hands and foot quickness. He has to get off his tip toes ... can't play like that in Power 4 football effectively. He plays very high, so he has a lot from a development standpoint ahead of him ... his development process has more in front of him that some others (from a way he naturally plays) IMO

Sharma, Brown, and Charles would be one hell of an IDL haul.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If a kid is willing to move to Eugene, no one can out-NIL Oregon. Gives us more to spend on Charles I suppose.

I’ve been predicting this for awhile with no real data to back up my view. But I do know thru some folks that what they’ve set up for NIL has the potential to be very powerful. 

Lmao… what a kick in the nuts.  Oregon just swoops in and takes the recruit being in 3rd place.  Well, maybe that leaves us with more money to give to Brown and Charles.  Hell, just pony up and pay Zion just to fuck with Bo at this point.  If LSU is as broke as people here claim, that should be an easy win….

38 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Can’t bitch when Texas literally does the same shit. 

35 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Pets heads falling off huh? Everything will be fine.

Where the fuck do you two think you are? One of the cornerstones of this place is bitching about petty things on the internet. If I wanted mandatory positivity I'd go back to the LHN subreddit. 

• Haha 1