Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

There has never been a moment from day 1 of NIL in which Oregon has not been caveated if a player wants to live in Eugene. They have access to billions while Knight is alive. 

Whatever they came in with, it was so far out of the realm of reason that they didn’t even ask Texas to counter. Bama was out already. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Lmao… what a kick in the nuts.  Oregon just swoops in and takes the recruit being in 3rd place.  Well, maybe that leaves us with more money to give to Brown and Charles.  Hell, just pony up and pay Zion just to fuck with Bo at this point.  If LSU is as broke as people here claim, that should be an easy win….

Head on a swivel gentlemen. I think they caught us sleeping on this one. Hopefully Sark gets pissed and goes full NIL Hulkamania on DL recruiting. 

hulk.png

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You know who is really surprised today, besides the people he reports to? Someone that some people call very impressive. 

How could anyone be surprised with NIL anymore? Aggy got the best class in history by outbidding everyone else and OU did the same with the portal DL plus offered his lil bro. I’m not sure winning a bidding war at a position where it can take 3-4 years to develop is the right strategy but I get the concern.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DZX158 said:

How could anyone be surprised with NIL anymore? Aggy got the best class in history by outbidding everyone else and OU did the same with the portal DL plus offered his lil bro. I’m not sure winning a bidding war at a position where it can take 3-4 years to develop is the right strategy but I get the concern.

Just get high end DTs in the portal, right?

• Rage+1 1

You guys don't get it. We had great DTs last year and gave up a bunch of points and yards through the air. So Sark figures that if we're much easier to run on, opponents will do that instead of schooling our pass coverage. They grind out 7-minute drives, then we turn around and score in under 3. We give up 40 points every Saturday but score 50. Hello again, playoffs! 

• Hook 'Em 1

You guys don't get it. We had great DTs last year and gave up a bunch of points and yards through the air. So Sark figures that if we're much easier to run on, opponents will do that instead of schooling our pass coverage. They grind out 7-minute drives, then we turn around and score in under 3. We give up 40 points every Saturday but score 50. Hello again, playoffs! 
..bb44fcd5996370b427bac1a4619d2282.gif
  • Haha 1

We have the most stacked wide receiver room I can remember and we are potentially bringing in multiple five star receivers in this class. Ryan Wingo and Silas Bolden are going to be rotational players for God’s sake and we cannot sign one single defensive tackle? Perhaps we need to shift a little bit of our focus from wide receiver to the defensive line? 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

There aren’t a ton of high end portal DL that become available and the ones that did we got outbid for. That doesn’t sound like a great strategy either.

This is why we should get drunk and make offers at 2:00am - everyone looks good.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

There aren’t a ton of high end portal DL that become available and the ones that did we got outbid for. That doesn’t sound like a great strategy either.

Yeah agreed. If you plan to go the portal route you better be prepared to win the bidding war or that’s a bad strategy. I have no clue what the strategy is for Sark but I like to think he has a plan to ensure DT isn’t a huge liability next year. So I’m just going ro see what happens a in Dec/Jan vs worrying about it now.

I'm not sure if this post adds any value to the conversation, but my question regarding IDL NIL allocation is this. Is the strategy similar to (what I assume is) the IOL NIL allocation strategy because these players shouldn't be immediately playing for a healthy program and need to be developed for a couple years, and for some reason, the strategy works better on IOL than IDL?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

I'm not sure if this post adds any value to the conversation, but my question regarding IDL NIL allocation is this. Is the strategy similar to (what I assume is) the IOL NIL allocation strategy because these players shouldn't be immediately playing for a healthy program and need to be developed for a couple years, and for some reason, the strategy works better on IOL than IDL?

At least two reasons 1) Flood's track record 2) there are a lot more good IOL than IDL

33 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

image.gif.9bdb0f62b3bf7078d812fbde2deadd73.gif