Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

OTF posters on both the site and their Coffee and Football are scared of every recruit. According to those morons we might as well not get anyone since other schools like them, too. It's like they're 85 or 12.

Good fucking lord. 

The proper name for those guys is pussies

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Remind me, what's the story on Sanchez?  Overrated?  North Shore culture is in the shitter?

If he signs somewhere else, then he's overrated and going to be yet another North Shore bust. If he signs with Texas, he's an exciting prospect, and our superior culture will keep him from busting.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

I know people who are close to the program/on staff at North Shore. Even coaches knew a lot of those kids were head cases, but Sanchez is the one kid who is pretty universally liked from there. The same coach who told me personally that Harris and Zach would flame out loves Sanchez and his mental makeup for football. 

I still don’t expect Texas to ever really be in contention for Sanchez though. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If he signs somewhere else, then he's overrated and going to be yet another North Shore bust. If he signs with Texas, he's an exciting prospect, and our superior culture will keep him from busting.

3 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I know people who are close to the program/on staff at North Shore. Even coaches knew a lot of those kids were head cases, but Sanchez is the one kid who is pretty universally liked from there. The same coach who told me personally that Harris and Zach would flame out loves Sanchez and his mental makeup for football. 

The odds favor him being another North Shore bust. I’ll stick with that even if somehow he and Texas have a meeting of the minds. 

North Shore is a prospect shithole and not worth the time, money and effort. 

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The decommitment watch is very likely Nathan Tilmon, SMU commit.

Definitely not Hilton ahead of his FSU OV, not Sanchez either. The USC commit will depend on his weekend OV.

You think Gerry is getting excited about the decommitment of an SMU commit? Seems very unlikely. 

41 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't really care since almost all of NS kids fail at the next level, and with our DB coaches it would expidite the process even sooner. 

Corey Redding came from North Shore. End of Story.

During his recruitment, one of our commits was asked if he was going to tell Corey to come to Texas. He replied, and I'm paraphrasing here, "That's a grown ass man, I'm not telling him shit!" We need a few of those bad ass'.

Texas not having coaches that could recruit and develop kids from a challenging environment is more of an issue with the Texas supporters and coaches than the schools they came from.

The worst decade in the history of Texas football coincides with Texas moving away from North Shore, and others.  Maybe if they changed their name to North Lake ...

• Haha 3

Just now, PTINS said:

During his recruitment, one of our commits was asked if he was going to tell Corey to come to Texas. He replied, and I'm paraphrasing here, "That's a grown ass man, I'm not telling him shit!" We need a few of those bad ass'.

Texas not having coaches that could recruit and develop kids from a challenging environment is more of an issue with the Texas supporters and coaches than the schools they came from.

The worst decade in the history of Texas football coincides with Texas moving away from North Shore, and others.  Maybe if they changed their name to North Lake ...

Except it’s happening with North Shore kids going most other places too. Not just Texas and Reddings recruitment and such were 20+ years ago and irrelevant to NS now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Redilding was like 25 years ago, man. Bad analogy. Not to mention even kids going elsewhere are also not living up to the hype. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, PTINS said:

This is a painfully stupid post. And it's more painful that a) you're being corrected by BO&W, and b) you're forcing me to agree with him. That is a pride obliterating bitch slap. The North Shore kids for the last 6-7 years have been going elsewehre and flaming the fuck out. Zach Evans, Shadrach Banks, Denver Harris, none of those guys went to Texas and they all flamed out and were notorious headcases elsewhere, often at 2-3 fucking different stops. 

You somehow equating that with a failure at Texas is fucking absurd. If anything, you're proving the point of other posters, so nice Own Goal there. I won't even bother explaining that a lot changes 20 years ago. ____________ player went to ______________ school isn't a reason to offer a kid. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Same guy he teased as a “secret defensive player committed elsewhere coming in for an OV” 

Had people thinking it was the USC LB

I don't remember that. Must have been a slow period for clicks and views or something. The biggest non-story of this cycle will be flipping that player from SMU. The bigger deal there is why in the fuck we are stooping to that level of talent reach in the first place.

17 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Two things happened with this post.

The first is that you quoted the spider2y dipshit and I read what he wrote and agreed with it, which caused this to happen:

image.png.41e4c2b2e6a7c4c8b5e28f1177c1c6ab.png

And second, I found myself wondering if I'd been time-warped back to the Hornfans recruiting board, circa 2000. Christ. North Shore has been fool's gold in recruiting for the better part of a decade. Outside of Chaisson and a guard that went to Bama (kind of decent), every highly touted recruit from there has been a scorching bust. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't remember that. Must have been a slow period for clicks and views or something. The biggest non-story of this cycle will be flipping that player from SMU. The bigger deal there is why in the fuck we are stooping to that level of talent reach in the first place.

They never made a post it was just something said by one of them in a live, they didn't hype it up much or anything. Kind of said in passing.

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

God damn, he could have just started with "Not a Texas commit, but OTF is in de-xommitment watch for someone that Sark and co have been in touch with", rather than make me sweat until the very end. 

The distance between "de-commitment watch" and "not a Texas commit" is literally an ellipsis.

How long can it possibly take to read nothing. 

• Haha 8

Gerry 

1. Brandon Brown, DL, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie #AllGasNoBrakes
This is is self explanatory - Brown will go to LSU if not Texas. And now a weekend visit to Oklahoma upcoming will likely be the Sooners attempt to push him to LSU over Texas, if nothing else. 

Help me make sense of this, does Gerry think the dirt burglars go full aggy on this one? Of course they play us every year, but at least for the next two seasons they play LSU while we don't. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise a coach who made an entire career out of stealing offensive signals as DC would do something like this, but still doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The biggest non-story of this cycle will be flipping that player from SMU. The bigger deal there is why in the fuck we are stooping to that level of talent reach in the first place.

Would rather take no DBs and hit the portal in the off-season since the deadweight db coaches can't be trusted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The biggest non-story of this cycle will be flipping that player from SMU. The bigger deal there is why in the fuck we are stooping to that level of talent reach in the first place.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.... SMU is an ACC team with a good recruiting staff that had a committed QB in the Elite 11 finals until Russell was poached by Alabama. Idk that grabbing an SMU commit is as much of a reach today as it was a couple years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1