Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Notes from the Gerry / Bobby OTF Stream - June 22, 2024 (AM)

Kade Phillips
Good things behind the scenes, he and family wanted this offer;  would like a chance at corner - open to safety, if that doesn't work out; Texas or LSU decision; Derek Williams is his host (guy from Louisiana, who chose Texas)

Jaime Ffrench
Continue to hear positive things; had a call this AM - blue blood program thinks Moore and Ffrench ultimately end up at Texas; Mom, Dad, sibling, couple of coaches with Ffrench;  Texas had confidence starting weekend, not heard anything to change that;  Bobby - looks like Texas has a great shot;  Gerry - Mom really liked her last visit, Jaime mentioned that, Mom flashed Hook 'em stepping off the plane, really excited about football/academic combination at Texas

Madden Faraimo
At one point, was thought to be a lock to ND; Texas/Notre Dame competition; Mom and Dad with him, Nansen attached at the hip on visit;  really big kid

Michael Fasusi
Hearing good things about the visit so far; Gerry - now think it's Texas vs. OU;  Texas has been in a favorable position for a while, now need to close it out; Gerry - Texas feels pretty good, but knows it's a battle w/ three big regional schools for a top tackle;  Goosby hosting Fasusi

Brandon Brown
At OU this weekend; Mom is w/ him at OU - very interesting;  barring something this weekend, Gerry still thinks it's Texas/LSU; same three schools as Dominick Williams; visiting Tennessee, but they're not in it;  OU may try to muddy the waters against Texas, if they don't get in it themselves

FSU visitors - Kevin Wynn / Myron Charles / Javion Hilson
Big weekend for FSU;  Wynn and Charles are two of their top four;  FSU has thought they have been the favorites for those two, since spring;  with Zion Williams not coming, these visits become even bigger for Texas (Wynn/Charles/Brown/Sharma).  Javion Hilson - interesting if Mom continues to say she wants Hilson out of state.

Alabama visitors - Josiah Sharma / Dijon Lee
Josiah Sharma - committed to Washington (DeBoer and Courteney Morgan - that'll be the tough call if Sharma doesn't commit to Alabama).  Dijon Lee - wild card - expected to commit June 28th.  Had a better than expected visit to Texas.  Nansen recruitment.  Also fighting Bama for Lockett, Townsend, Kaleb Edwards.

Oregon visitor - Dakorien Moore
Host Evan Stewart.  But Texas vs. Ohio State.  Texas remains favorite.

Ohio State visitor - Dorian Brew
Ohio State vs. Texas.  Oregon/USC thinks they're in it.  Mom in Ohio State Hall of Fame, visiting with Brew.  Almost committed in Jan.  Up there for spring break.  Ohio State has #1 and #2 corners already committed.

Texas A&M visitor - Riley Pettijohn
Throwing kitchen sink, hard sell.  Texas has been in a pretty good spot for a while;  A&M knew they were working from behind, going into the weekend.  Ohio State in it too.

image.png.e0a84f024ab0696f326fb27e2e681bf4.png

Now I know why I listen as a podcast 

Edited by Hornmatic

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I know DJ Sanders may be a meh' type get to some, but he'd be the highest rated DL that Sark would have landed since arriving.  He had 115 tackles, 28 TFL, and 15 sacks last year from the DL position.  Sure, he's not a guy that'll contribute in year one and needs a good one/two years of S&C.

Just because CTJ shits on him and calls him a JAG doesn't mean he's a JAG. This group think shit has to stop with people. Kenny Baker can probably make him a dude. 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Let's see you show your face on social media. 

No need to disrespect Bobby Burton like that.

I bet Bobby can defend himself (and considering he looked like he was 40 when he was 20, I bet he's pretty thick skinned). 

18 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Just because CTJ shits on him and calls him a JAG doesn't mean he's a JAG. This group think shit has to stop with people. Kenny Baker can probably make him a dude. 

Maybe we think he's overrated because Nahlin loves him, not out of affection for @closetojumping?  CTJ will deny it but I have a feeling some of his distaste is because of his East Houston blood vendetta against Nahlin. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Let's see you show your face on social media. 

No need to disrespect Bobby Burton like that.

Calling ugly people ugly on the internet? Well I never.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I bet Bobby can defend himself (and considering he looked like he was 40 when he was 20, I bet he's pretty thick skinned). 

Maybe we think he's overrated because Nahlin loves him, not out of affection for @closetojumping?  CTJ will deny it but I have a feeling some of his distaste is because of his East Houston blood vendetta against Nahlin. 

Yeah, possibly. But I still think Baker can do something, or at least I hope he can. I originally thought the dude was 215 lol until I was shown differently, but we don't know what he can do. And yeah, probably because CTJ fucking loathes Nahlin. 

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Once upon a time there was a grave misunderstanding at the Dixie Chicken. They haven't looked each other in the eye since. I just want peace between the great houses. 

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Once upon a time there was a grave misunderstanding at the Dixie Chicken. They haven't looked each other in the eye since. I just want peace between the great houses. 

I like to imagine it was at the first annual Barking Carnival retreat; @closetojumping was already getting irritated by Scipio's "anything goes" philosophy in search of web traffic and then this nobody who works in a Pasadena oil supply parts shop and has like four different handles has the temerity to suggest that Pancho's, of all places, has the best enchiladas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I miss Barking Canival. That place was the shit and hilarious. 

Surly is everything Barking Carnival wished it was. I usually give posters a pass, but I’ve got to ask:

IMG_6838.gif

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I watched Sanders’ Hudl this morning, expecting to see a flabby shitball on toothpick legs getting his ass kicked, but I saw a lot to like. 

Flabby shitball. Haha.

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe we think he's overrated because Nahlin loves him, not out of affection for [mention=429]closetojumping[/mention]?  CTJ will deny it but I have a feeling some of his distaste is because of his East Houston blood vendetta against Nahlin. 

Let’s leave Beaumont out of this…
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

My view has nothing to do with Nahlin being some sort of homer for the guy. I will stand by what I said - the guy will be a lazy take as a 4th DL and if he's a take higher than that, the already legendary for no fucking reason Kenny Baker has taken a bunch of L's with the other targets. This is the kind of take that Texas used to get when they watched a bunch of better DLs get bought by SEC schools and Clemson/Oregon/OSU. 

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Surly is everything Barking Carnival wished it was. I usually give posters a pass, but I’ve got to ask:

IMG_6838.gif

Barking Carnival was pretty great back in the day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

IMG_6838.gif

In a land full of idiots, the Spider fucktard staggers the most idiotic across all of the horizon. He's a room temperature IQ poster with the inability to filter any thoughts. When he shows up after being gone for a few weeks working his graveyard shift, he pulls the trigger on his gatlin gun of terrible, voluminous takes and doesn't walk away until he's unloaded his banality on every active thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In a land full of idiots, the Spider fucktard staggers the most idiotic across all of the horizon. He's a room temperature IQ poster with the inability to filter any thoughts. When he shows up after being gone for a few weeks working his graveyard shift, he pulls the trigger on his gatlin gun of terrible, voluminous takes and doesn't walk away until he's unloaded his banality on every active thread. 

IMG_9511.gif

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Let’s leave Beaumont out of this…

Where did the group come down in terms of Orange being considered part of Houston? 

I dated a chick from Orange during freshman year and I always considered her to be from Houston... but as a Dallas kid, I considered everything between Sealy and Louisiana as part of Houston.

I like Sanders as a developmental take.  He's got a really good first step and moves well overall.  He needs some S&C, but I think he could develop into something. 

I think Madden Faraimo has some damn good looking highlights.  I certainly see why the staff likes him. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13250722/650678ba386e8b0530a13c59

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My view has nothing to do with Nahlin being some sort of homer for the guy. I will stand by what I said - the guy will be a lazy take as a 4th DL and if he's a take higher than that, the already legendary for no fucking reason Kenny Baker has taken a bunch of L's with the other targets. This is the kind of take that Texas used to get when they watched a bunch of better DLs get bought by SEC schools and Clemson/Oregon/OSU. 

Do you feel we should splurge with the interior DL budget to make up for lack of skins on the wall for Baker? 

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

God that would be great. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see another dude like him. Yes, there are great linebackers, but he was different. 

Word. Guy would take a bullet to play the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I miss Barking Canival. That place was the shit and hilarious. 

It was the final and best distillation of Hornfans. Don't forget LonghornScott's film breakdown. It was excellent. 

I was a fanboi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Notes from the Gerry / Bobby OTF Stream - June 22, 2024 (AM)

Kade Phillips
Good things behind the scenes, he and family wanted this offer;  would like a chance at corner - open to safety, if that doesn't work out; Texas or LSU decision; Derek Williams is his host (guy from Louisiana, who chose Texas)

Jaime Ffrench
Continue to hear positive things; had a call this AM - blue blood program thinks Moore and Ffrench ultimately end up at Texas; Mom, Dad, sibling, couple of coaches with Ffrench;  Texas had confidence starting weekend, not heard anything to change that;  Bobby - looks like Texas has a great shot;  Gerry - Mom really liked her last visit, Jaime mentioned that, Mom flashed Hook 'em stepping off the plane, really excited about football/academic combination at Texas

Madden Faraimo
At one point, was thought to be a lock to ND; Texas/Notre Dame competition; Mom and Dad with him, Nansen attached at the hip on visit;  really big kid

Michael Fasusi
Hearing good things about the visit so far; Gerry - now think it's Texas vs. OU;  Texas has been in a favorable position for a while, now need to close it out; Gerry - Texas feels pretty good, but knows it's a battle w/ three big regional schools for a top tackle;  Goosby hosting Fasusi

Brandon Brown
At OU this weekend; Mom is w/ him at OU - very interesting;  barring something this weekend, Gerry still thinks it's Texas/LSU; same three schools as Dominick Williams; visiting Tennessee, but they're not in it;  OU may try to muddy the waters against Texas, if they don't get in it themselves

FSU visitors - Kevin Wynn / Myron Charles / Javion Hilson
Big weekend for FSU;  Wynn and Charles are two of their top four;  FSU has thought they have been the favorites for those two, since spring;  with Zion Williams not coming, these visits become even bigger for Texas (Wynn/Charles/Brown/Sharma).  Javion Hilson - interesting if Mom continues to say she wants Hilson out of state.

Alabama visitors - Josiah Sharma / Dijon Lee
Josiah Sharma - committed to Washington (DeBoer and Courteney Morgan - that'll be the tough call if Sharma doesn't commit to Alabama).  Dijon Lee - wild card - expected to commit June 28th.  Had a better than expected visit to Texas.  Nansen recruitment.  Also fighting Bama for Lockett, Townsend, Kaleb Edwards.

Oregon visitor - Dakorien Moore
Host Evan Stewart.  But Texas vs. Ohio State.  Texas remains favorite.

Ohio State visitor - Dorian Brew
Ohio State vs. Texas.  Oregon/USC thinks they're in it.  Mom in Ohio State Hall of Fame, visiting with Brew.  Almost committed in Jan.  Up there for spring break.  Ohio State has #1 and #2 corners already committed.

Texas A&M visitor - Riley Pettijohn
Throwing kitchen sink, hard sell.  Texas has been in a pretty good spot for a while;  A&M knew they were working from behind, going into the weekend.  Ohio State in it too.

image.png.e0a84f024ab0696f326fb27e2e681bf4.png

IMG_20240622_175107.jpg

• Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(I would have gone w/ Vivaldi for the sound track ... 🤭  🤭  🤭.)

With that music I was expecting there to be some wimmenz on the bed when he walked in. 

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

(I would have gone w/ Vivaldi for the sound track ... 🤭  🤭  🤭.)

mini-skillet cookie cake a la mode seems next level