Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun

texifornia

3 hours ago, bluto said:

He was released on a 25k bond and then the only other thing I find is 16 months later he was signed by the Odessa indoor fball team. Then a mention of him in the nfl supplemental draft of 09. Assuming Marco is real name nothing on sex registry or Dallas criminal record. 
kinda shitty to still be running his name through that accusation unless in fact there’s record of admission/conviction

He was arrested for sexual assault that allegedly took place March of 1999 when he was I believe 16 or so on a 12 yr old. The 12 yr old grew up and made the accusation as an older teen. Maybe just not enough evidence to do anything with would be my guess. 

We know Sark pulls off flips late after every season but is that more of a factor of seeing where NIL is at? It would make sense to recruit a kid hard now not talking too much NIL then in December right before signing period identify who you really want then get them in and blow their doors off with NIL to land them. Is that what happened with guys like Filsiame, TyAnthony, Black, Mack, Hill, etc? 

Summer commitments don't mean shit. Where they sign in December and enroll in January is what matters 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Plenty of summer commitments mean quite a lot. Depends on the recruitment.

If Sark really needs DTs and it gets to December what's stopping him from going back to let's say Sharma and Charles and blowing their doors off with NIL? You think they can't be bought? If he thinks DTs are that pressing of an issue.

QB is different in every way from any other position, but for the most part if you have the relationship there and were in the top 2 or 3 in the summer you should be able to buy a couple of DTs if you really really want them. Wondering if Sark is looking to do that, or try to get in on guys like Rink and Sims for in season OVs if he likes what he sees from them in the fall. 

Moore calling it this soon means it's Texas. His moms told GH she put a mid August deadline for him to decide and announce so he isn't distracted while in school. If he was conflicted and thinking to change off of Texas he would have taken more time. 

Also, based on limited tape, I'm saying Faraimo is better for the SEC than Pettijohn. Not surprised Nansen went off Pettijohn and all in on Faraimo. 

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Moore calling it this soon means it's Texas. His moms told GH she put a mid August deadline for him to decide and announce so he isn't distracted while in school. If he was conflicted and thinking to change off of Texas he would have taken more time. 

Also, based on limited tape, I'm saying Faraimo is better for the SEC than Pettijohn. Not surprised Nansen went off Pettijohn and all in on Faraimo. 

nansen better get his guy then. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun