Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Just a matter of time before they start selling classroom desks and light fixtures to try to keep pace in NIL. 

Na once schools can directly pay players they will simply siphon those funds from state infrastructure projects

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I understand the appeal of LSU to an unsophisticated person. And I mean "unsophisticated" in the technical sense, not calling them stupid or anything. They lack expertise or experience, and can be convinced by a pitch that seems strong on a superficial level. While at Texas, Bo Davis helped put four different DL in the NFL, including a first-rounder. Credit where its due, Davis was the coach most responsible for developing Murphy. If they have a strong NIL pitch - regardless of the veracity of the pitch - to go with Davis' reputation, I can understand it. I also understand that people in CFB coaching circles are high on Kenny Baker's potential, but he has nothing to sell at the moment. So I don't necessarily fault him for not winning head-to-head with Davis, although it is disconcerting. 

But where the fuck was this version of Bo Davis at Texas? Why did Davis struggle to recruit quality DL here? There's no way that our NIL and sales pitch are worse than LSU (with or without Davis). Was he focused on development and there's only so many hours in the day? Did he think his 2022 class was enough to coast on (despite not being as good as it seemed on paper)? 

I don't get it. I hope that Zion and Brown sit down with the staff and they can explain why LSU's pitch is bullshit. I hope we get that chance. Because I'm pretty fucking sick and tired of losing recruits to a school that I frankly view as being worse than A&M. 

LSU gals are all 6s and 7s that will beg you to cum inside them (if you’re a Texas guy) but accept a facial if you prefer. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

No sir. I-10 around Lafayette is smooth as a babies bottom. 

I think the guy in charge of Louisiana roads lives there. Only explanation for why the rest of the state is the public roads version  of dysentery, and that one little stretch is a real honest to God driveable road. 

This true. I made the mistake of driving to 30a last year and this stretch of road was very nice. But it was overwhelmed with jacked up f250s and dodge rams going 100mph and shining huge flood lights from the front. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

When the other schools have ripped apart LSU's ponzi scheme involving NIL in a couple of weeks, I imagine interest from Brown and Zion will fade some.

The longer they get from their visit, the better the outcome. Zion already having a commitment date is a bit of a concern, but he may have set that regardless since it will be after his OVs. 

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

No sir. I-10 around Lafayette is smooth as a babies bottom. 

I think the guy in charge of Louisiana roads lives there. Only explanation for why the rest of the state is the public roads version  of dysentery, and that one little stretch is a real honest to God driveable road. 

Well, 1-10 is an Interstate. 

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

relevant to our qb recruiting

I don't think he'll ever see the field at Bama, tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him sitting behind Austin Mack for 4 years and whomever else Debore recruits. I think he's a high level athlete, but I understand why Sark is sticking with Lacy. He's ready made, and Russell needs time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't think he'll ever see the field at Bama, tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him sitting behind Austin Mack for 4 years and whomever else Debore recruits. I think he's a high level athlete, but I understand why Sark is sticking with Lacy. He's ready made, and Russell needs time. 

With NIL, it is very difficult to keep developmental-type players. Kids say that they are willing to wait, but when they are second string as redshirt sophomores and legit teams are offering significant money, they inevitably (and rightfully) change their stance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

With NIL, it is very difficult to keep developmental-type players. Kids say that they are willing to wait, but when they are second string as redshirt sophomores and legit teams are offering significant money, they inevitably (and rightfully) change their stance.

Yep, exactly. Which is exactly my point. I hope he ends up somewhere good and balls out, I just don't see it at Bama. 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

The longer they get from their visit, the better the outcome. Zion already having a commitment date is a bit of a concern, but he may have set that regardless since it will be after his OVs. 

People generally set commitment dates when they know where they’re going. He’s going to play for Bo Davis unless something drastic changes. 
They play different positions, but we really don’t wanna lose Brown to Bo too. 

Gerry on WR visiting tomorrow:

OnTexasFootball has learned that Sunshine State 4-star wide receiver and Oregon commitment Dallas Wilson (Tampa, Fla./Tech) is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Texas June 5 per a source close to the recruitment in Tampa. 

Wilson, 6-2.75 and 185 pounds with 10 inch hands, was offered by the Longhorns in September of 2023. Special teams coach and area recruiter Jeff Banksmade the offer to Wilson. Since that time Banks and Chris Jackson have been on contact with the wide receiver with tremendous balance and body control. 

Banks made a stop at Tampa Tech High in May to watch Wilson practice, spending nearly three hours at the school. At that time, Wilson told OnTexasFootball he was looking at a possible visit to Texas but wasn't sure how dates would work out.

The visit Wednesday is a relationship building unofficial visit with an official visit a possibility. 

Wilson is scheduled to make official visits to Miami June 7-9, Florida June 14-16 and Oregon June 21-23 this month, and possibly Florida State in November for the Seminoles-Gators rivalry game. 

While Wilson remains committed to Oregon, the continued thought from May in the Sunshine State is that the Ducks could face a tall task to keep him in the fold. 

Wilson hauled in 49 passes for 872 yards and nine TD's in 2023. He caught 40 passes for 875 yards and 12 scores as a sophomore. 

• Hook 'Em 5

22 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Gerry is confident we'll get 2-3 and probably a project like DJ Sanders, so I'm remaining hopeful. 

Maybe I didn’t hear correctly but I thought Gerry has said we need to get 3 of our targets there. I haven’t heard him say he’s confident we’ll get them. Zion’s girlfriend is going to LSU and I’m afraid he’s thinking with the wrong head. I don’t know that we lead with any of the others except maybe Brown and that’s debatable.

30 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not going to post the link since no one wants to listen to Fat Ketch, but has there been any rumbling from OTF on this?

image.png.5647e247ec4cd422d8035a5f9b352995.png

If not I'm just gonna chalk it up to them driving clicks.

I don't know about two, but I've heard the interior DL commit is going to flip sooner or later, but Sark will "recruit through the whistle."

23 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Gerry is confident we'll get 2-3 and probably a project like DJ Sanders, so I'm remaining hopeful. 

All of the IT people appear to think Sanders is a comparable to Zion and Brown, likely because Nahlin thinks so.  

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I don't know about two, but I've heard the interior DL commit is going to flip sooner or later, but Sark will "recruit through the whistle."

I think Brown is a likely candidate, though Gerry's report of Sarks phone call after his OV sounded encouraging. I was more curious who the 2nd candidate could be. Maybe Winston? I think a poster a page or 2 back mentioned Texas liking another recruit more.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

I think Brown is a likely candidate, though Gerry's report of Sarks phone call after his OV sounded encouraging. I was more curious who the 2nd candidate could be. Maybe Winston? I think a poster a page or 2 back mentioned Texas liking another recruit more.

It's Winston.  May flip to Auburn.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, LCHorn said:

All of the IT people appear to think Sanders is a comparable to Zion and Brown, likely because Nahlin thinks so.  

I don’t think it is crazy, if memory serves, to think that Nahlib went to the same high school and he is too simple to separate his personal silly nostalgia for actual evaluation and he runs the site. If you get a chance to see Sanders’ bad body and then watch his play, you’ll think to yourself “can’t teach size, and that’s the only reason that jumbled bad bodied mess is getting any looks.”

Zion Williams and DJ Sanders are night and day right now in terms of capabilities. Problem is that Williams is Alfred Collins and DJ Sanders *could* be  Tvondre Sweat. Pick your poison and risk profile. 

4 hours ago, cafe society said:

It's Winston.  May flip to Auburn.

I don’t think the Texas staff cares. They have multiple guys they want to land. Winston works as one of them, but they’re not going to risk anything for him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think it is crazy, if memory serves, to think that Nahlib went to the same high school and he is too simple to separate his personal silly nostalgia for actual evaluation and he runs the site. If you get a chance to see Sanders’ bad body and then watch his play, you’ll think to yourself “can’t teach size, and that’s the only reason that jumbled bad bodied mess is getting any looks.”

Zion Williams and DJ Sanders are night and day right now in terms of capabilities. Problem is that Williams is Alfred Collins and DJ Sanders *could* be  Tvondre Sweat. Pick your poison and risk profile. 

I don’t think the Texas staff cares. They have multiple guys they want to land. Winston works as one of them, but they’re not going to risk anything for him. 

You may have mentioned it, or perhaps Gerry, but it sounds like they prefer the Texas TEs to Winston.  

5 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I don't really know how good Nahlin is or isn't, so I'm just going by what Gerry said since I've been followup him for a long time. 

He also said the staff just offered a German kid who's being recruited by Bama, UGA, Oregon, etc. He apparently doesn't have his visit credentials or something, so they're working on it. 

7 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

Maybe I didn’t hear correctly but I thought Gerry has said we need to get 3 of our targets there. I haven’t heard him say he’s confident we’ll get them. Zion’s girlfriend is going to LSU and I’m afraid he’s thinking with the wrong head. I don’t know that we lead with any of the others except maybe Brown and that’s debatable.

You may be correct regarding him saying we need to land 3, but I do know he did say at one point (things change, obviously) that he felt good about us landing 2-3. But he did say today that we need to land at least 2 and a project like Sanders. 

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He also said the staff just offered a German kid who's being recruited by Bama, UGA, Oregon, etc. He apparently doesn't have his visit credentials or something, so they're working on it. 

IMG_5985.jpeg

• Haha 2

OTF dudes are up in arms thinking we're not landing Moore all of the sudden because he had a good time at Ohio State. Like, no fucking shit, they roll out the red carpet like every other program vying for a top 50 recruit. His mom wants him in Austin, so if you're one of the people up in arms over us not landing him, Gerry still seems confident. 

Wipe the sweat from your balls cause it's gonna get your loins juiced up. Apparently LSU is up next. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

OTF dudes are up in arms thinking we're not landing Moore all of the sudden because he had a good time at Ohio State. Like, no fucking shit, they roll out the red carpet like every other program vying for a top 50 recruit. His mom wants him in Austin, so if you're one of the people up in arms over us not landing him, Gerry still seems confident. 

Wipe the sweat from your balls cause it's gonna get your loins juiced up. Apparently LSU is up next. 

A buddy of mine was saying the same thing after he watched OB.. apparently they were beating that dead horse of Moore to the buckeyes... despite their appointed recruiting guy said he was not buying it..

The idea of landing all three 5 stars is fun, but high school WR recruiting is the one spot that nobody should lose sleep over, ever. There will be countless portal options every year for a Sark offense.
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

just to clarify, by "OTF dudes" you are referring to the morons who post on that site and ask their dumb questions on the live stream every morning and not Gerry, Bobby, CJ, etc., correct?

one of those groups i take seriously, the other i do not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

just to clarify, by "OTF dudes" you are referring to the morons who post on that site and ask their dumb questions on the live stream every morning and not Gerry, Bobby, CJ, etc., correct?

Coming from you, that’s funny.

38 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

Good stuff BigOrange1!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thanks Radical Larry!!

I swear half of that message board is just people thanking other people for posting.

Yeah, well, I don’t feel like I get thanked enough around here for my contributions (which are generally the same 5 or 6 gifs that I cycle through). 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah, well, I don’t feel like I get thanked enough around here for my contributions (which are generally the same 5 or 6 gifs that I cycle through). 

say it with me "Thank Hank"

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Do you know what they see in Winston?  Obviously, they like him, or wouldn't have offered, but 247 has him listed at 6-1.5 and 254 lbs, which doesn't sound like a proto-typical TE body to me.

Also, I have a cabin in that part of Georgia and have been to several HS football games up there... mostly one of their regional rivals... and the competition is, shall we say, not great.

PS - not trying to bash the kid, just legit curios.

Edited by DixonHur

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Do you know what they see in Winston?  Obviously, they like him, or wouldn't have offered, but 247 has him listed at 6-1.5 and 254 lbs, which doesn't sound like a proto-typical TE body to me.

Also, I have a cabin in that part of Georgia and have been to several HS football games up there... mostly one of their regional rivals... and the competition is, shall we say, not great.

PS - not trying to bash the kid, just legit curios.

You prefer counterfeit curios?